Difference in scales

ununpentium

Sherlock Holmes
When I first joined WW I just did it online from home and so my weigh day was Monday. I would weigh myself first thing in the morning without clothes.

Recently I got a monthly pass and went to meetings, and get weighed there on Monday evenings.

Last week when I weighed on the Monday morning my scales said I'd lost 3lbs but when I got weighed in the evening it only said I'd lost 2lbs from the week before. I imagine this is due to the weight of the food I'd eaten during the day, or water weight, but it made me feel unsure as what weight to track? I felt disappointed that my leader didn't see I'd lost 3lbs.

I also get tempted to weigh myself every day, I know I shouldn't but I keep thinking like I might 'miss' losing weight, like I have to keep track of it at all times? I haven't weighed myself for a few days now though as it was making me depressed not seeing any change when I'd put loads of effort in!

The only weight I count is at the meeting on a Wednesday night, I do have a lighter lunch during weigh in day and save my evening meal until after class!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

You also should add a couple of lbs for clothes! Some people say they can add up to 5lbs!! Also I sometimes have a sneaky weigh in during the week and my scales at home and in my partners house are always different than the one at the meetings!
Also you should try and keep track of your measurements some weeks I loose less but still have a good inch loss! It helps you stay positive!!

Keep up the great work :)

I'm terrible, I weigh nearly everyday, sometimes more than once. There's upto 1lb difference either way between my scales and my class, I take my class as my official wi, but if my scales show a better loss I know I've done even better. Also I try to wi at class in the same clothes everyweek to get a fair weight loss xx

And yes, I weigh about 2lb heavier with clothes on even with light clothes on. Also people say you weigh slightly more after exercise, and I walk to class quite fast so I factor all this in when I get my wi at class, not using them as excuses just taking them into account that different things effect wi at classes. Good luck x

I can't get to a morning session as I'm at uni during the weekday unfortunately :(

The last class i attended the scales weighed me 13.5 lbs havier than at home! Demoralising doesnt cover it. I now weigh in first thing Wed morning in the buff after a pee :D

I'm terrible, I weigh nearly everyday, sometimes more than once. There's upto 1lb difference either way between my scales and my class, I take my class as my official wi, but if my scales show a better loss I know I've done even better. Also I try to wi at class in the same clothes everyweek to get a fair weight loss xx

I do all that too!

If anyone is friends with me on my fitness pal can you pm me so I can give you my username, I've a new phone and because I've installed the app again it's deleted all my friends except 2 xx

The scales in my class weighs 1 lb heavier than at home. On my weighin day, I wear the same clothes every week, eat the same thing, do the same things - pee, walk the same intensity to the class so I know for sure that none of these factors can be to blame for what happens on the scales - the only thing that affect my weighin is what I put in my mouth and the amount of exercise I do!

Back