Differences between sw and pp

Rkmriddell

Gold Member
Hi

Can anyone explain to me the main differences between sw and pp? I know sw inside out but am thinking that pp might be better for me as the points limit will instill some element of portion control (one of my biggest problems)

If I'm right most fruit and veg are 0pp (assuming things like potato parsnips not are there any others?) and then anything over and above this must be counting?

How does maintenance work are there simply extra points? Just hoping someone could explain so I can look at whether signing up would be worth it for me? Thanks x

Hiya. Not sure on the maintenance side of things as I haven't got there yet but can help with the rest. I did SW for years and struggled to lose weight on it as I ate exactly as much as I could of everything that was free so learnt nothing about portion control. With Ww you are pointed by the weight so for example for my tea tonight I had 165g of steak which was 7pp, and a chicken breast is 4pp...and then you point your potatoes etc. All fruit is free and most veg is too but potatoes, sweetcorn, peas are pointed. There are more but as I don't eat them I can never remember (sorry). Anyway you get your daily allowance, the minimum is 26 but is dependant on your circumstances - mine is 31 and that's what you can eat in a day - then you have a 49 weekly allowance that you can use for example if you have a meal or night out planned or you just fancy a treat. You can also earn points for exercising that can be used in your weekly allowances. My biggest fear in swapping was that I would be hungry but I an never hungry and I have lost so much more weight in 12 weeks than I would have on SW. Hope it helps. I have a diary on here if you want an idea of what I eat in a day :)

Hi. Thanks for your reply. You've put my mind at rest and I've been having chat with hubby about it all x

I used to do sw a few years ago but I found it too restrictive. Weight loss was slow, the food was repetetive & I lasted a month.
Ww'ers is far more flexible. If you want it, you have it & count it. Sounds simple, but it is.
So far, I have lost 1 st 2 & 1/2 lbs in 7 weeks x

Thanks. Ive still to work up the Cambridge steps yet but have decided that I will be doing ww. I need the portion control element of it. I am nervous as I've found counting quite restrictive in the past but am more accepting now that sw and the freedom don't suit me so I need to do something more controlling. An sure I will soon be addicted and fine. Look forward to seeing you all soon xxx

The difference is 49 weekly points to do as you wish. A few examples of point values are
Chicken breast 120g 4 pp
King prawns 100g 2 pp
Mars bar 8 pp
Creme egg 5 p
Walkers thai sweet chilli sensations 40g bag 5 pp
Bottle of wine 19 pp
Vodka, gin, 25ml pub measure spirits 2 pp
This gives you a rough idea. Good luck & let us know how it goes

Back