• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Different Scales = Different Weight

Hider28

S: 15st6lb C: 13st4lb G: 11st6lb Loss: 2st2lb(13.89%)
Hello All,

Apologies if this has been brought up before:

I have two scales - both on the same floor (non carpetted)

One set of scales says a lower weight by 2.5 pounds then the other

I'm not sure which one to believe! Obviously I would prefer the lower one but I bet sods law dictates the higher one is actually more accurate.

Is there any way of finding out do you think?

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
S: 14st9.5lb C: 13st3.5lb G: 9st1lb BMI: 31.8 Loss: 1st6lb(9.73%)
I was told never to weigh yourself on diffrent scales.. :/

I weighed my self at boots after being really good & because it was free :) & it told me id gained 3.5 pounds in two days :/

i get weighed thursday so i guess il know then :) x

Hider28

I was told never to weigh yourself on diffrent scales.. :/

I weighed my self at boots after being really good & because it was free :) & it told me id gained 3.5 pounds in two days :/

i get weighed thursday so i guess il know then :) x
well good luck for Thursday!

I probably weigh myself too much - I know I shouldn't but the littlest loss stops me from cheating usually, now I just feel a bit downhearted! :(

Robotica

S: 8st7.2lb C: 8st4.4lb G: 7st3lb BMI: 20.6 Loss: 0st2.8lb(2.35%)
Stick with the lowest one if it makes you happier. As long as you can monitor your loss and gain, does it really matter?
Weight is just a number after all, and which number is right doesn't change your body.

Is just what I think.

Hider28

Stick with the lowest one if it makes you happier. As long as you can monitor your loss and gain, does it really matter?
Weight is just a number after all, and which number is right doesn't change your body.

Is just what I think.
I like that but feel like im deceiving myself! so going on the heavier one for the time being - guessing it'll feel more of an achievement once I reach my goal !

Someone yesterday suggested weighing something on them with an exact weight and then going for the more accurate - might try that today

I used to be like you , & weigh myself at any chance i got... kept getting maself worked up!

Maybe go with the heaviest and maybe it will make u work harder and ul be surprised when your next weigh in :D

Dont beat yaself up about it though, do you feel like you have gained ? xxx

Robotica

Hider28 said:
I like that but feel like im deceiving myself! so going on the heavier one for the time being - guessing it'll feel more of an achievement once I reach my goal !
That's true.
It's when I read you saying you were downhearted, I've read about a lot of people that start binging when they see they've gained or not lost enough, they lose hope in their diets.
That's why I think more important than being true with the weight, is to maintain your state of mind.

Hider28

hails12 - not really! I'm in that interim period where I feel like I should have lost weight but not actually feeling like i've lost any yet!

Nnoilalala - very true - I think I had a minor wobble with the scales but posting here as stopped the grump from coming out too much! Plus this morning the heavy scale showed a pound loss so it was actually a nice sense of achievement.

Robotica

Woo! That's good, as long as you don't lose sight of the diet, your determination is very inspiring :)

Lushlash

Silver Member
G: 10st7lb
I hate boots scales! So wrong, I wont use them anymore. Don't think I've ever had an accurate reading from there x

Hider28

I hate boots scales! So wrong, I wont use them anymore. Don't think I've ever had an accurate reading from there x
boo the scales with the lighter weight are from Boots lol!

Oh well :)

Well dont lose sight of your diet, your doing fab, Lost a pound last night better than nothing and it was easter :) xxx