Dilema

Claireybella

Gold Member
One of the girls here at work is leaving next week, and we're all going to the pub for lunch. My dilema is my cash flow, IE I don't have one! Skint with a capital S! Now, I want to go but was thinking, is it rude to bring lunch in, eat it before we go and then just have a drink? I don't need to tell them that I'm skint, I could use the old "I don't know the syn value of the food and really wanna be good this week!" line.

What do you guys think?

You're going along to support the person leaving, so what business is it of theirs if you don't eat in the pub! I don't think it's rude at all :)

I dont think it would matter at all!!!! You are there to say bye to a work collegue that is leaving xx

I would agree as long as you wont feel awkward sitting there while everyone else is ordering and eating. If you have already used the "syn value" line though that should help. Are you and your workmates relaxed enough around each other to do that without it making anyone feel bad?

I have to agree with the others. The main thing is that you are saying goodbye to a colleague. You could ahve a drink whilst everyone is eating and just take sips.

One of the girls here at work is leaving next week, and we're all going to the pub for lunch. My dilemma is my cash flow, IE I don't have one! Skint with a capital S!

Nothing wrong with being skint. Nothing to be ashamed of. It is was I would be permanently ashamed lol !!!

Being there to wish your colleague well is all that counts and if you do not want to sit there whilst everyone else is munching, leave the office for the pub after them.

Aawww, thanks girls and yes, we're comfortable enough with each other to do that. We had a farewell lunch today for one of the doctors, cakes galore, so I ate my lunch first so that I was full and wasn't tempted. All that past my lips were raspberries!

I will use the syn line, I think, eat my lunch a bit early and then just have a few diet cokes with them. The girl who is actually leaving is a size 6, so doesn't eat much either!:)

Nothing wrong with being skint. Nothing to be ashamed of. It is was I would be permanently ashamed lol !!!

Being there to wish your colleague well is all that counts and if you do not want to sit there whilst everyone else is munching, leave the office for the pub after them.

Aaaaww, thanks Sue. Worked out why I'm skint earlier, a cheque that I'd written about and forgot about has been cashed. Oh well, the cupboards are full and all bills are paid, so that's all that matters!

Back