Dilema

swgm

Hi Everyone,

I am having a bit of a dilema here, i go on holiday on wedesnday for 3 weeks and i really dont know what to do when i am away. Do i try and stick to plan or do i just not bother with it and enjoy myself?

Its self catering so no need to worry about 3 course meals for breakfast lunch and dinner like i would have had if we were all inclusive.

i also cant drink so that shouldnt be too much of a problem either.

Im just not wanting to go away and come back and have put on loads of weight then i need to work hard again to get it off.

This is all i keep thinking about :( what should i do ?

Nobody can tell you what to do, that's up to you. When we have people at group going away on their hollies our C always says there are 3 types of members:

- The member who goes on their holiday, sticks 100% to plan with straying and generally comes back with a loss.

- The member who goes on their holiday, mostly sticks to plan and has the odd treat here and there - an icecream, a couple of drinks on a night, etc. Generally comes back with a maintain.

- The member who goes on their holiday and totally forgets the plan. They are on their holiday and are going to enjoy it, having whatever they like and will deal with the scales when they get back. Usually a gain (but okay with it as they have planned for it)

I guess it's about deciding which member you want to be. Only you can dictate that. Good luck - and most of all, enjoy yourself.

i just keep thinking aw iim not going to and deprive myself ive worked hard all this year for it then i think i dont want to have put on a load of weight. I think i will try and stick to it 80% of the time. For breakfast i could easily have cereal and fruit and lunch could be fruit and loads of water or a salad or something like that and dinner would just depend on what we are doing.

i think as long as i try and make the best choices when it comes to eating and not snack on unhealthy stuff i should be alright- well fingers crossed :)

Where are you going to? You may be able to find out hex's in the overseas section so that'll help at least.

We're off on holiday soon & I tend to have toast for breakfast, with fruit & a yogurt, I now know which are ff yogurts.

We're also self catering so I'll have myself a SW lunch & tea, but unlike you I do like a drink & will be using my syns on drinks, I'd like to come back with a STS, but a couple of lb gain won't be the end of the world.

What will you be using your syns on? ice cream, cakes, pastry,??????????

As Princess_Stevie said only you can decide what you do, ask yourself how you'll feel with xlb gain when you return, if you'd not be happy with that then that answer's your question.

Im off to visit in family in florida.

I think if i can just watch what i am eating when we are eating out i will be fine. As long as there is fruit to snack on i will be fine im sure.
I think i will use my syns on ice lollys on a occasional sweet.

i wont totaly deprive myself of everything i will treat myself a few times. i cant drink im america i need to be 21 and im only 20 so thats the only reason im not- if i could i most certainly would lol

I can deal with a 2 -3 lb . i land home at 8.15 in the morning on weigh in day so i think i might pop to diet class and see the damage and get right back on to it xx

Im off to visit in family in florida.

I think if i can just watch what i am eating when we are eating out i will be fine. As long as there is fruit to snack on i will be fine im sure.
I think i will use my syns on ice lollys on a occasional sweet.

i wont totaly deprive myself of everything i will treat myself a few times. i cant drink im america i need to be 21 and im only 20 so thats the only reason im not- if i could i most certainly would lol

I can deal with a 2 -3 lb . i land home at 8.15 in the morning on weigh in day so i think i might pop to diet class and see the damage and get right back on to it xx

Sounds like you have a great plan in place!! Especially going to class as soon as you get back - the sooner you face the scales the sooner you can draw a line under it and move on.

Lucky thing going to Florida, I love it there. In fact I just love the US. We are hoping to go again in the next couple of years, the four of us. I am 22 and my brother is 25, so it's been years since we had a proper family holiday with our mam and dad. We were all talking the other day about going back to Florida as a bit of a "reunion" and doing all of the parks and everything again, so fingers crossed!! :D

I went when i was around 4 so i cant remember it so i am looking forward to going, will be good to get away , ive not been a holiday at all this year so im looking forward to having a big holiday :)

hope you get your holiday , you will need to bring it up now as an idea for next year;)

Hi swgm, lucky you going to Florida. That's our next holiday and we are saving hard so we can do all the things the kids keep adding to the list :O. You may not get a true reading from the scales on your weigh in as your body tends to retain fluid etc. (I always feel really bloated when I'm flying). Have a great time. xx

Hi swgm, lucky you going to Florida. That's our next holiday and we are saving hard so we can do all the things the kids keep adding to the list :O. You may not get a true reading from the scales on your weigh in as your body tends to retain fluid etc. (I always feel really bloated when I'm flying). Have a great time. xx

that is true - because of the heat i will probably retain water aswell. I will go and bare it whatever they say i will just need to be extra good that week. i come back and im back to work the following day so it will be back to reailty and i will probably find it easier to get onto the plan fully at work rather than at home its more regimented at work so i will see what happens.

i think we are lucky we have family there it would cost a arm and a leg if we had to pay for everything at the normal price, good luck on the saving :) xxx

sugar in beans? thats random, i think i will stay clear of the beans thanks for the advice:)

One thing I found about eating out in Florida was that the portions are huge! But you don't have to eat it all - they quite expect you to ask to take some home with you.

Also, you can share things, which also keeps the costs down. Although we did find that eating out was very good value.

Baked Beans are originally an American dish, and do indeed have brown sugar in them. And originally they were always cooked with pork. What we know of as baked beans is a totally different (and to my mind disgusting!) thing altogether.

One thing I found about eating out in Florida was that the portions are huge! But you don't have to eat it all - they quite expect you to ask to take some home with you.

Also, you can share things, which also keeps the costs down. Although we did find that eating out was very good value.

Baked Beans are originally an American dish, and do indeed have brown sugar in them. And originally they were always cooked with pork. What we know of as baked beans is a totally different (and to my mind disgusting!) thing altogether.

I did 2 weeks in Florida this year and put on 4lb.. I ate pretty much what I wanted on an evening .. Took super noodles with me and had them for lunch the days we didn't do parks.. X

Back