Dilemma - Surprise weekend away!!! HELP!

Discussion in 'Dukan Diet' started by thinfor30!, 12 August 2011 Social URL.

1. thinfor30!

thinfor30! Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st2lb
    Current Weight:
    11st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.94%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Oh my god dukaners I am in a bit of a pickle! I have been following dukan to the latter for the past two weeks and have lost 9 pounds (also was totm last week so am ecstatic) however I now have a week off work, which was fine, I had planned to stick to my dukan religiously and increase my walking too. However my lovely husband has just surprised me with a weekend away (literally go in an hour!) He has arranged for the kids to go to my mums and booked us in to a gorgeous hotel, which has an amazing restaurant. Now I don't know what to do...Do I try to Dukan (although will b v hard) or let myself have today and tommorrow off and indulge and truly enjoy myself and then go back to cruise on Sunday? If I'm honest things like this don't happen very often and I really want to kick back with nice meals and glasses of wine but am I going to ruin my fortnights hard worK?? Any advice greatly appreciated!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. jaqys

jaqys Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    low carb
    Only you can decide.

Minimise the damage by avoiding carbs as much as you can, Steak and salad makes a good meal. Stick to spirits with diet cola if you feel you must have a drink.

Breakfast is sometimes hardest in hotels, if youre up in time ;) stick to the meats and eggs and veg and avoid tempting croissants and toast.

You will be able to stick almost to plan, its just a question of if you want to.

4. Atropos

Atropos Gold Member

Start Weight:
    11st12lb
    Current Weight:
    11st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.41%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Think Atkins - avoid sugar, bread, cakes, rice, and if you must stray, stray onto the fatty side of life. Yes to bacon, no to toast, yes to cheese, no to ice-cream.

If you like fine wine, stick to one glass, but make it a really good one, so you can savour it, then swap to water.

Take lots of walks, drink lots of water, find things to do that aren't about food, and then, when you get home, kick start the diet again with 2 or 3 pp days.

5. locket

locket Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st13lb
    Current Weight:
    9st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(11.11%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Stick to Dukan as much as you can, it's easier than you realise, enjoy yourself, come back on Monday and tell us how you did. Most important is that you enjoy yourself.
    What a nice, thoughtful husband you have. (sigh)
    Have fun!

[​IMG]

6. thinfor30!

thinfor30! Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st2lb
    Current Weight:
    11st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.94%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Thanks for your help everyone. I will report back on Sunday!

7. wheesht

wheesht Just keep swimming...

Start Weight:
    12st4lb
    Current Weight:
    9st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6lb
    Lost(%):
    2st6lb(19.77%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Great advice. Have a lovely time!

8. thinfor30!

thinfor30! Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st2lb
    Current Weight:
    11st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.94%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Hi Everyone, I'm back from my romantic weekend away and I was so bad but enjoyed every second! For the first night my husband arranged for us to have a tasting menu with wine, so there was no way of avoiding carbs or alcohol and I am sorry to say in the morning I was seduced by the pain au chocolats and chefs cinnamon and heather honey waffles. I was stuffed so skipped lunch but did indulge again in the evening with red wine, carbs and creamy sauces. However I got up this morning, had smoked salmon and scrambled eggs for breakfast (asked them not to add any milk, cream, butter to the eggs), got home and had my ff yogurt with oatbran and prawns for lunch. So I did indulge, I did enjoy myself but I am now back on track and doing pp for today and tommorrow, then back to cruise.

9. stmcalee01

stmcalee01 Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st2lb
    Current Weight:
    13st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Clean eating
    Glad you had a great time. Sounds amazing x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.