DILEMMA - TGI Fridays

RenewMe

My brother lives and works abroad. He is visiting and will be leaving on Mon. He wants the whole family to go to TGI Fridays tomorrow for a meal before he leaves. I have not told my Hubby or DD (she is only 6 anyway!) and in a way I do and don't want to go.

It has taken me literally YEARS to get where I am weightwise now, and I am at my lowest weight EVER for a long time! 8st 13 as of this morning.... which of course I am estatic about as I have STS for approx 2 weeks!!!!

I am now beginning to feel resentful of all this and am constantly making excuses for social events and eating out due to this diet. I know it is NOT as extreme as other VLCDs but I am fed up of making sensible choices while others are enjoying themselves. I now feel my decisions are effecting my families' social life by not saying anything to my hubby and daughter, as in effect THEY are missing out on a social event too. My mother is also extremely ill and would love for the family to get together as it is an extremely rare event....

I have just looked at the menu as have NEVER been there and everything appears to be smothered in Jack Daniels sauce with a side of chips or cheesy mash and I am a dessert person too which does not help on scanning down the menu...:cry:

Please can someone advise me?? xx

Honestly if i weighted 8st 13lb i would eat as much as i bloody wanted! I'd be a size 6 at that size lol but id advise the chicken, ask for no sauce, and side of veg!

Honestly if i weighted 8st 13lb i would eat as much as i bloody wanted! I'd be a size 6 at that size lol but id advise the chicken, ask for no sauce, and side of veg!

Thanks. I am a size 10-12 actually at this weight I am only 5'3!! As I said it has taken me years of dieting on and off to get this far and at my top weight was 14.8. I did Lighterlife approx 7 years ago and went down to 10.3 and literally kept it off for all those years going up to a max of 11 stone and I am determined to get to my goal of 8.7 before I go holiday. I am only aiming so low to give me leeway to actually enjoy this holiday as we are not planning to go away for a few years now as there is lots of DIY to be done here!!!! That is why I am so annoyed.... x

haha oh i see :) im 5ft 2 and a size 12 at 11 stone so i thought you must be super slim lol i see what you mean tho, i cant wait to get back in my old 10/12's everyones built differently i guess lol, It's so tough loosing weight but at least youve got to a nice size now, i understand your worry about TGI's the sauces are deadly but when i go i have grilled chicken and veg or a steak as a treat, but its up to you, youve done this well so far and resisted all temptation i dont think itll be a huge challenge for you so relax! x

TBH I am probably. a size 8 'up top' and a size 10 at the bottom! I work from home and literally slob around in baggy 'home clothes', trackies etc...! and only make an effort when I have to go into the office which hasn't been for a few months now EEK!! Yes everyone is different. Thinking about it, I was about a size 12-14 when I was 11 stone and about a size 18- 20 when I was 14st 8.... I just haven't seen 8 st 'something' for years that's all. It is a miracle!!!!! xxx I LOVE S&S just hate when it gets in the way of having a good time. You know what it's like when you are on a roll..... x

haha yer i know what you mean :) im a size 14/16 atm as im pear shaped its my bum thats the problem =[ size 12/14 on top and 14/16 on bottom, almost fastened my size 14 jeans today but still tight, its annoying when you want to say "im a size 14" but you cant because your a size 14 in everything except jeans! grrrr lol id love to be a 8/10 again =[ aint been that skinny since i was 17 im 20 now =[ xx

You WILL get there Hun. It is a tough old road. I know it sounds cliche, but if I can do it seriously ANYONE can! I am a total chocoholic and LOVE stodge, i.e. shepherds pies, pasties, sticky toffee puddings, I cannot believe I have come so far but I think the mac and cheese and the truffa bars have saved me from a meltdown!!!! I am a typical pear shape as well. So messed up how weight always comes off the places you DON'T want, i.e. for me the chest area, so I have NOTHING left up top!!:eek: and it is slowly SLOWLY coming off my worst asset my 'Thunder Thighs'
GRRRRR!!!! x:mad:

haha oh i see :) im 5ft 2 and a size 12 at 11 stone so i thought you must be super slim lol i see what you mean tho, i cant wait to get back in my old 10/12's everyones built differently i guess lol, It's so tough loosing weight but at least youve got to a nice size now, i understand your worry about TGI's the sauces are deadly but when i go i have grilled chicken and veg or a steak as a treat, but its up to you, youve done this well so far and resisted all temptation i dont think itll be a huge challenge for you so relax! x

I know you say you eat the steak or chicken, but do you eat the chips or cheesy mash too???!!! If you say NO, you are amazing 'coz the temptation on the plate is more than I could stand!!!! x:eek:

You order without the tempting bits or ask for the chips etc in a separate bowl and then feel utterly virtuous when you give them away :). Steak (or other protein), side salad or veg and if you really want the sauce have a bit of the sauce for a special night out. Desserts are out if you want to stay on plan but if you really want one then have one and get straight back down to business in the morning. Life can go on but before you make your choices ensure that you think long and hard what you want to do. If you want a complete break for that night that's fine (I did that for my office Xmas meal and it was fab, I enjoyed it, and was straight back on track in the morning), or if you want a low carb meal and try to be 'good' that's fine too. Decide what you want to do but don't have any regrets the next day whatever it is, just focus on getting back on track. Have fun!

Thanks Bordersgirl

TBH, I am still in two minds about going, however, if I DO go, I will probably go semi off plan after all and avoiding the chips and mash, no dessert, diet cola only....
I only looked at the menu once:eek: and realise that it would be far too difficult to actually be 100% 'good' as everything is marinated!
It would only be a one off anyway.
I know it sounds totally miserable and unsociable, but i would rather NOT go!!!! x

I totally understand where you're coming from. On this weight loss journey when I've been in the zone I've felt like that to be honest. I've declined more functions than I accepted. Of the ones I did go to because I really wanted to go to those particular ones I've ranged from choosing a grilled prawn starter and a side salad as my main course and drinking water to going completely off plan complete with alcohol (having come out of ketosis earlier). Obviously the first type was a lot less damaging (diet wise) than the second :), however I enjoyed both and don't regret either. Only you can choose what is right for you.

Hi, I was a complete TGI fan before completely avoiding food. They do a New York Strip, which is sirloin steak veg and you can have potatos or just more veg. It is delicious and you really don't feel like you are being good.

Good luck, I hope your will power stays strong you have done amazing

xx

You deserve to go out and show off your lovely new figure, it don't trust yourself then why not tell hubby in advance what you want ( looking at ideas from precious replies) and get him to order so you don't get tempted by the menu when u get there ! Xx

You deserve to go out and show off your lovely new figure, it don't trust yourself then why not tell hubby in advance what you want ( looking at ideas from precious replies) and get him to order so you don't get tempted by the menu when u get there ! Xx

Thats a great idea. Id go for a steak, no sauce and salad, get hubby to order a dessert and have a bit of his :)

Thank you all for your suggestions and comments. This is what I love about Minmins, the support you get from everyone who understands we are all in the same predicament and we are all only human. I will try to have a good time I promise. :Dxxx

Just looked at the menu. I would order the 8oz New York strip with a wedge salad and have nothing else on the plate. I have become a fussy orderer! I have them not bring the things I don't want and bring extras of the things I do.

RenewMe said:
Thank you all for your suggestions and comments. This is what I love about Minmins, the support you get from everyone who understands we are all in the same predicament and we are all only human. I will try to have a good time I promise. :Dxxx

I couldnt agree more.... BUT seriously, credit where credits due! You have done so well amd we all know how bloody hard going it is.
You will feel amazing all dressed up, sipping your iced water and eating yout healthy alternative and you will glow!! Everyone... whether they will say or not will be envious and wishing they could do what you do and have done!
xxxx

Thanks everyone! Well I have to confess and I did NOT make any healthy choices yesterday! I was adamant I would as yesterday morning I weighed in at 8st 12 and I was over the moon :banana dancer:but alas, me making a healthy choice went right out of the window .....
I won't go into detail, but I did enjoy myself, however I don't drink anyway, so had a diet cola and did not have a dessert. I have decided not to weigh myself until at least WED and have jumped straight back on the plan today, so fingers crossed xxx

Well done for relaxing and having a good time- we all need a evening off sometimes. You've gotten straight back on track now and I think you've made the right decision not to weigh till Wednesday. Good on ya! Xx

Well done!! You could have gone crazy in that place!! (I would have found it hard not to order the oreo and baileys milkshake!!)

Back