Induction dining out-what are the atkins friendly cuisines?

pd7707

hello everyone.
back on atkins induction, day1 and staing in to cook my dinner.
due to my job and social commitments i often have to go out for meals.
it`s so annoying to go through the entire menu and make special requests to the staff .
i am going out to a lebanese restaurant tomorrow night , i picked up the place, as i think lebanese grill is atkins friendly.
how do u manage during the induction?
i am based in london and there are many ethnical and international cuisine places.
any ideas or suggestions?
thanks

Oh I am feeling for you. I travel on business a lot and it means eating out all the time. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't, just recently ordered fish and vegetables in Warsaw and ended up with a piece of fish in starchy sauce and potatoes/carrots as veggies so could not eat any of that :)

For me, all steak houses work. Also, in many places they serve salmon as a safe option. Usually it's difficult with Chinese and Italian so trying to avoid those if possible.

Thanks. My concerns are just the same , starchy sauces, sweet marinades, and breadcrumbed fish.
Chinese is out of question, they literally poor sugar in most dishes. Can't trust anything gravy either, nor the burgers :(
Is tandoori safe? And middle eastern grill should be ok.
I personally think that it will easier to opt for steal houses, Arabic grills , and May be tandoori... So limited choice:(
I feel absolutely silly to ask the staff about the recepes of the dishes... Will stick to pan fried fish and chicken and of course grill.

I also eat out a lot - generally steakhouses are a good option. I have a massive steak, mushrooms, salad/veg Or alternatively gammon and egg with veg etc.

Turkish restaurants do a lot of grilled meats etc

also regularly eat Indian - tandoori, sag paneer, cauliflower bhaji (the one that's like a curried cauliflower - not the deep fried type of bhaji) I've eaten all of these regularly with no problems

Thanks so much.never thought of anything but tandoori when I go to Indian. Tonight I opted for chicken tikka tandoori and few salad leaves:(

Back