Dinner ideas??

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by Marie_D, 1 March 2007 Social URL.

1. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

I'm just wondering what people make for dinners??

Ideally I need need to use approx 8 points (ish) for my dinners, but it needs to be something my OH can eat. I make the same things every week...chilli con carne with rice, bolognese with pasta, sweet and sour chicken with rice, fish with mash and veg or baked beans, sausage casserole with mash and carrots...these are all what I consider to be 'normal' dinners, dinners that I can make for me AND my fella without him feeling like I'm putting him on a diet too! But I need some new ideas. I'm not good in the kitchen (I don't even know how to make a chilli con carne or spag bol from scratch...I use packets/jars!) but I really need some new ideas.

Does anyone have any good suggestions?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Lighterlifer

Lighterlifer Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st1lb
    Current Weight:
    14st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(8.44%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Well as Ive been saving points....tonight I am having....Chilliw con carne, with rica and chips, nachos and sour cream!! he he! and a banoffee pie for desert :) I love weigh day! he he xxx

4. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

Mmm! That sounds yummy! I'm having chilli con carne with rice tomorrow...looking forward to it too, it's one of my favourite meals.

5. Sparkle

Sparkle Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Well we have our Sunday roast dinner; sausage and mash; cold meat, (dry) fried pots and beans; Chicken curry (Morrisons do some nice low fat sauces); jacket pot and tuna/beans/cheese; Toad in the Hole and mash (Aunt Bessie ones are quite high, but her tidgy toads aren't too bad, I think 4 points for two); on a Friday we always have (home cooked) fish and chips.

I can't think of any more at the moment, but I'll have a think for you. :)

6. chuckie_egg

chuckie_egg Member

Well i can't add much to the list you have really but i like mushroom omelette with beans every now and again and pasta bakes (easy add jar to pasta wang in oven) :cool:

7. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

I read about those Aunt Bessies tidgy toads yesterday, so I looked them up on Tesco.com and they're 4.5 points for 2. Might try those next week with mash veg and gravy.

I love pasta bake, but Pasta is quite high in points for the amount you get, then there's the sauce, then there's the cheese on top (which you just have to have on a pasta back, hehe) so I tend to avoid those. Might see if I can find a low fat sauce though...has anyone ever seen a low fat pasta bake sauce?! I could then try it with low fat cheese on the top. Mmm, I'm coming round to that idea, hehe.

8. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Marie Tesco do a lovely Tuna Pasta Bake - only 5.5 points :) I know its not cooking but its lovely

9. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

Ooh, I might add a couple of those to my shopping list for next week...I can always do it in the oven and slip it on the plate without OH seeing it, then I can pretend I cooked it myself, hehe.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.