Dinner party and asked to take a pudding!

busybee123

I've been asked to take a good quality luxury cold pudd,

other than not having any of it because i am not telling anyone I'm doing slimming world, what would be a goodish suggestion, I'm really worried about it!

Any suggestions much appreciated please.

Vanilla and cardamom pannacottas with pomegranate seeds - I've made them for dinner parties a few times, they're totally delish, no one can ever tell they're low fat and they're completely FREE!

198g quark
¼ -½ tsp cardamom seeds, finely crushed
5 tbsp artificial sweetener
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 x 100g pots Smooth Vanilla Mullerlight yogurt
1 sachet gelatine
1 egg white
1 pomegranate, halved and seeds removed (or buy a pot of seeds, SO much easier!)

1. Whisk the quark. Add the cardamom seeds, sweetener, vanilla extract and yogurt, and continue to whisk until the mixture is smooth.

2. Place 2 tbsp of hot water in a small heatproof bowl and sprinkle with the gelatine. Stand the bowl in a saucepan of simmering water and stir until the gelatine has dissolved. Cool, and then whisk into the yogurt mixture.

3. Beat the egg whites until softly peaked and gently fold through the yogurt mixture. Spoon into four individual moulds. Chill into the fridge for 3-4 hours, or overnight, until set.

4. Dip the moulds in hot water for a few seconds and tip out onto serving plates. Sprinkle with the pomegranate seeds and serve immediately.

Oh, there won't be any pregnant people at the party, will there?

They sound great another is the orange terrine looks amazing I don't have the recipe to hand if you might like it message me and I'll dig it out.

Thread moved to recipe forum

Back