Dinner party

Jayellekay

this time - the last time
Hello.

Hope you don't mind - I've popped over from the Cambridge forum. I am losing weight using Cambridge, but once I am no longer obese I plan to join SW to train myself to have a better relationship with food, to lose my last few stone.

However, I have a planned weekend off Cambridge for my birthday at the end of May.

I am going away for the weekend with a group of friends. One night I am going to cook a dinner party. Ideally, I want to cook a nice 3 course dinner, but keep it SW friendly.

Ideally don't want any if the guests to feel I have imposed my diet on them.

So I just wondered if anyone had successfully held a dinner party in plan? Or whether anyone had any menus they would recommend? Or recommend any individual receipes?

(I have been reading through at the receipe threads for inspiration but haven't planned anything to go on my menu yet!)

Thanks!

Right well you could do soup, prawn cocktail(if you eat meat and fish) pate, if you offer bread rolls you can do a mix of wholemeal and white(a 57g wholemeal roll is a healthy extra). Main course you could do a roast dinner(full on plan) if ness cook some potatoes seperatly for you using frylight. Or do a casserole type dish with chicken or beef or whatever. Serve with lots of veggies,mash. I;ve made lovely veggie currys on sw. Pasta dishes, the choice is phemonemal on EE and also on green and orginal. You could make a starter and main syn free :D

As for dessert i have an idea. Do individual portions and with yours do a sw friendly version :D.

SW food is essentially just 'normal' food so there is no reason why anyone would be able to recognise it was diet food. Check out the recipe sub-forum here for lots of possibilities.

Also take a look at www.slimmingeats.com

SW food is essentially just 'normal' food so there is no reason why anyone would be able to recognise it was diet food. Check out the recipe sub-forum here for lots of possibilities.

Also take a look at www.slimmingeats.com

Exactly though sweet things is where you go urmm diet food as obviously all those things such as sugar, choclate and what not are all high in syns

Back