Discover Dinx's Diary - new year = new me....bring it on :D

Aww dinx!! Your not crap! As nic said life does sometimes get in the way. It's all abou picking yourself up and getting over the plateau an I know you of all people can do it. Your determination is amazing. I'm sure your 14 day kick start will do you the world of good and get you back in the game. Good luck dinx and don't forget to keep us updated on how it's going? Xx

Thanks ladies.. day2 today and its been OK. Stuck to it totally although the food is a bit boring as I can't have dressings on salads and no yogurts etc. Ate a banana for breakfast today for the 1st time in years... will see how it goes :eek:)

I've never eaten so much fruit! The detox is going well... scales showing a 2lb loss but not reading anything into that. If I can combine the food from the detox and the ww system I think I could do great. Its just getting the balance. One thing I'm missing is sauces but am gonna stick to it. Saw a thing on TV tonight saying 1 tablespoon of mayo had the same calories as a slice of chocolate cake! Insane!

Glad to hear it's going ok! Must be hard with the sauces but I'm sure your become adjusted in a few days and things will taste like the norm :) I'm sure your have some fab weight losses are you still WI weekly? Omg that is shocking!! Il be putting half a chocolate cake on my dinner in future haha ;-) xx

I know...I was a bit gobsmacked! This whole detox thing has certainly made me look at things differently...I want to figure out how to do the whole no prosessed thing and still do ww when the 2 weeks is up. I deffo feel better for it, had some headaches and dil was off work yesterday cos her headaches made her sick, but I think its a mix of stopping all the rubbish and the weather so Im gonna carry on. Its helped my IBS too, which is logical really. Im actually enjoying the food and was able to make a salad dressing yesterday from olive oil, vinegar and lemon juice so the salad wasnt too bland. Its half term now so it should be easier, although it looks like my mother is coming to visit for a day next week so all Ill want to do is dive into some calorie-laden devilishness to cope with the trauma!
Be strong Kat be strong!!!
Scales showed 2lb lost after 2 days but im not gonna take that as gospel, will weigh in on Monday and see. Will measure then too. Now sipping my lovely *cough* cup of decaf tea and coconut milk lol...its not as bad as it sounds, honestly.

Sounds like ur really getting into the swing ofthings :) sometimes a good detox is great for our bodies! and when u do eventually combine ww u will hopefully have detox habits! woo! winner! Well done for the loss so far, could be more on monday fingers crossed! Btw meant to ask u, have u felt hungry on this detox? i might try it xxx

I can honestly say I've not felt hungry. But even if I did I can have things as its no calorie counting our pointing. You are meant to listen to your body and have nutritious snacks like fruit or nuts. I'm loving innocent smoothies at the mo too.
Its difficult figuring out what to have sometimes as you have to remember there is a lot you can't have. I'll be adding bits slowly when I've finished the 2 weeks but want to keep as natural as possible still

Hey Dinx :) Hope you're ok? Wow well done on the detox, sounds like you're doing fab!!! I bet you will def feel better for it. Keep going. Hope you have a lovely weekend xxxxxx

Hiya I'm good thanks.. enjoying half term! Just need the sun to shine and I'll be happy :eek:) detox is going well, learnt a few lush recipes to help keep it interesting. Will see how I get on at weigh in and measure day tomorrow and next Monday then decide what I'm gonna do. I like the food I'm eating at the moment so if I lose I might carry on.. we will see. Hope ur OK and have a nice week off :-D

so...wi showed me losing 3lb after the 1st week of detox, which im really pleased with, but ive also lost a total of 6 3/4 inches off my body. measured my waist, bust, under my bust, hips, each arm and each leg. bring on week 2!! on the down side...my mother is coming up on thursday for the day...nopt seen or spoken to her in over 5 years...crapping myself!!! :eek:/

Well done thats excellent :) And i bet u feel soooo much better for it x x x

Well done on your loss Hun. That's fab and inch loss is amazing too! Xx

thanks girls :) feeling really good actually, although this healthy eating lark is costing a bloody fortune!! eating properly should never be so expensive, its no wonder people opt for convenience food when you can buy a whole maccy ds meal for less than some coconut oil!! made some wheat and dairy free muffins the other night, was lush...weird but really tasty and fine for detoxing! Im gonna carry on with this way of eating, but add a few little bits like the odd yoghurt and some dressing for my salad, although i bought some balsamic and made my own natural dressing.

had a lush brekkie today, handful of porridge oats, chopped apple, few raspberries and a good pinch of ground almonds, a little cinnamon and use apple juice instead of milk. micro it for a couple of mins and scoff it...it was so nice!!!! Innocent smoothies are a fave in this house now too...all free on the detox, and i feel like im healthy!!

My mother is coming tomorrow...1st time in 5 yrs...gonna be so strange! not sure how i feel about it but we will see. Got a girlie night at the cinema tomorrow night to cheer me up so that will be nice :) gonna take a bag of pistachios and buy a bottle of water there...yum lol ;)

Good luck for the mum visit! It will prob be hard hun but im sure u'll get through it and it will seem worse than it actually is x x x

Hope this visit with your mum went ok! Xx

Hey hun! Well done for your loss last week :) That's amazing, glad you're enjoying it, hope it's still going well! I really hope the visit from your Mum went well. Are you off on your hols soon? Take care xxxxxx

Hey Dinxy :) How you doing my lovely? Hope you're well! Are you enjoying the hols? I hope they don't go too fast. Been good food wise recently, but worry about the hols eeekk.. too much temptation!! Hope you're taking it easy xxxxx

Back