Dirty hair after washing?

Discussion in 'Nutrition, Health & Beauty' started by AnneJ66, 3 July 2014.

1. AnneJ66

AnneJ66 Never give up

Washed my hair as usual yesterday and when drying it, it felt awful, like I hadn't rinsed the shampoo/conditioner out properly. I even checked the bottles in the shower thinking I'd used conditioner twice instead of shampoo. Washed hair again - still the same. Showered and washed hair today, normal routine but tried a different shampoo and conditioner to see if that made a difference but still got the problem. It's just 1 section on the top of my head and feels dirty like it hasn't been washed. Googled it and it seems to be quite a regular problem although a hairdresser friend has never heard of it.
    Anyone had a similar experience?

Anne. Xx
    Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com
  2. sam_sutty

sam_sutty Well-Known Member

could be build up of products etc also ingredients in shampoo and conditioner can cause build up if they have silicones in ( you can tell if any ingredients end in cone/one) i only found this out from googling as its been happening to me, i did what was suggested which was wash my hair with baking soda i mixed about a teaspoon in with shampoo and give it a good scrub on hair rinsed it out then left conditioner on for half hour prob doesnt need that long i only did to give it a good condition, this will need a good rinse out under shower, my hair feels great completely different to how it usually is, alternatively i read online you can just buy a clarifying shampoo to get rid of build up, i used baking soda only because i had it in and its cheaper, have a google

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins.com mobile app
  3. AnneJ66

AnneJ66 Never give up

Thanks for that, I read about the bicarb and also that some people try white vinegar. Really don't know if it's product build up as I don't use a lot of products and change my shampoo/conditioner regularly but I'm going to try a clarifying shampoo tomorrow and see if that helps. I really hope it clears up as quickly as it materialised as it feels terrible. Fingers crossed. :)

Anne. Xx
    Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com
  4. SlimmingKitchen

SlimmingKitchen Well-Known Member

I have had it happen once and my hair felt really clammy and awful when I tried to dry then straighten it.
    I now use a deep conditioner once a week and this keeps my hair lovely and soft too.
    Hope you sort it soon hun xxx
  5. BlueCow

BlueCow Well-Known Member

I had this, I used a clarifying shampoo which sorted it out, you can buy them in the supermarkets. Use it whenever I wash my hair at the moment, just add a little bit to my normal shampoo - bit scared my hair will go back to being all funky if I stop using it!!
  6. AnneJ66

AnneJ66 Never give up

Thanks ladies, I did use the clarifying shampoo and thankfully after a couple of washes I was sorted. It was just so weird as it was only one patch on the top!

Anne xx