Dirty hair after washing?

AnneJ66

Never give up
Washed my hair as usual yesterday and when drying it, it felt awful, like I hadn't rinsed the shampoo/conditioner out properly. I even checked the bottles in the shower thinking I'd used conditioner twice instead of shampoo. Washed hair again - still the same. Showered and washed hair today, normal routine but tried a different shampoo and conditioner to see if that made a difference but still got the problem. It's just 1 section on the top of my head and feels dirty like it hasn't been washed. Googled it and it seems to be quite a regular problem although a hairdresser friend has never heard of it.
Anyone had a similar experience?

Anne. Xx
Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

could be build up of products etc also ingredients in shampoo and conditioner can cause build up if they have silicones in ( you can tell if any ingredients end in cone/one) i only found this out from googling as its been happening to me, i did what was suggested which was wash my hair with baking soda i mixed about a teaspoon in with shampoo and give it a good scrub on hair rinsed it out then left conditioner on for half hour prob doesnt need that long i only did to give it a good condition, this will need a good rinse out under shower, my hair feels great completely different to how it usually is, alternatively i read online you can just buy a clarifying shampoo to get rid of build up, i used baking soda only because i had it in and its cheaper, have a google

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thanks for that, I read about the bicarb and also that some people try white vinegar. Really don't know if it's product build up as I don't use a lot of products and change my shampoo/conditioner regularly but I'm going to try a clarifying shampoo tomorrow and see if that helps. I really hope it clears up as quickly as it materialised as it feels terrible. Fingers crossed. :)

Anne. Xx
Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

I have had it happen once and my hair felt really clammy and awful when I tried to dry then straighten it.
I now use a deep conditioner once a week and this keeps my hair lovely and soft too.
Hope you sort it soon hun xxx

I had this, I used a clarifying shampoo which sorted it out, you can buy them in the supermarkets. Use it whenever I wash my hair at the moment, just add a little bit to my normal shampoo - bit scared my hair will go back to being all funky if I stop using it!!

Thanks ladies, I did use the clarifying shampoo and thankfully after a couple of washes I was sorted. It was just so weird as it was only one patch on the top!

Anne xx

Back