disagree with chemist grrrr

msblonde

a new way of living!
Hello all,

familiar story coming!

Got weighed today and only lost 2lbs in two weeks :( anyway I told chemist I had been struggling and was consider losing the rest on maintainance, and he said that I can start maintaince anytime I like, as my bmi is healthy already....

I said 'erm... no its not for 5'2" i need to be 9st 10lbs, I was 10st 2lbs today on (his scales, 10st 1lbs on mine yesterday) so that is another 6 lbs...

he said - I have you as 5'4" on here - waving form... to which i replied, 'i checked it at home and i am 5'2"...'

so he checked it again, and it came up (according to his thingy) 160cms... (which is actually 5'3"!!) well i checked again at home with keith helping, and it was out a bit, I am 158.5cms which makes me 5' 2.25" (wow quarter inch!) we used two tape measures so it must be right, and i have to say i didn't feel the chemist touching my head when he measured me!!

so, then i said well anyway, i need to lose another 1.5 stone - to get to my target, my pre agreed target... and he said 'ooh no thats way to low' your bmi would be 21.1 and you would look ill, and waffle waffle waffle...

then i said, so what would happen on maintenance with my losses, if i stuck to 2 shakes and one meal a day, and he said it would not change as i couldn't possible lose any less than i am now! gee make a girl feel good why dont you!!

I have been thinking about trying the cd810 for a week or so now, and moving up the plans at refeed to get used to eating again, rather than going from nothing to pretty much most things in the space of a week.

As their weight targets for my height are lower at the lower end (min i think is just over 7stone! which i feel would be too low for me) then 8st 7lbs is a nice target and not one to be discouraged i hope.

the last thing any of us need when we get close to target, is some monkey discouraging our efforts during this final push!

I have loved the results of LT from the start, but during my final few laps I really will need support to not just settle for a half stone heavier and dress size larger. I think its important to reach something that seemed so elusive in the start, for the mental amazement of doing it as well as the physical changes, if i then settle and maintain a few pounds heavier later, then at least i touched that dream, and if i prefer, can again.

I am scared of getting there and being that dream weight, like it is unreal, not doing it is like the devil on your shoulder saying 'you cant do it' winning. i'm not going to let him win!

so i pretty much think i have made my mind up to switch, not just for the 'i need to start eating soon' torment i have been going through, but also for the support in reaching my final goal, rather than the chemists final goal he has for me!

grrrrrr..... sorry for the rant

on another note, a nicer one, i went to bicester outlet shopping village today, and bought a dress, jumper and a wooly fur lined zip up jacket jumper thingy that is just totally lush!!! :D:D bought one a bit tight so it wont hang off me in 1.5st less time!

feel guilty about the moneu spent though :eek: supposed to be cutting back for house move etc...

Hey msblonde I'm doing 810 as of today :D body was craving salad and I'm wanting to do it while I have support from mr therapist.

I am sure you'll make the right decision.

Why can't pharmicists measure people properly? (having said that mine didn't even bother, I wonder if they'll miss me on Wednesday hmm)

take care, big hugs xxxx

Sorry no advice about the cambridge as I am clueless about it.......but my chemist didn't want me to go back on LT for phase 2 when I weighed 12 stone 13 lbs at 5ft 5" so BMI of 30.1 !!!!!!

Then the last time I weighed in she said she really felt I was fading to nothing and should stop......Again BMI of 28.5!!!!!! So what happened to a healthy BMI of 25 or less???????

i am not going to go off my bmi i am 5ft 2 and if i wanted to get to the correct bmi i would look terrible even my doctor agreed with me as my face gets too thin i still have a big bum but my face looks terrible my cheeks sink right in i end up looking haggard and not healthy when i got married i was 10 1/2 stone and a size 10 and i looked good slim and healthy thats what i want to get to even now i still have a way to go but you want to see my face and neck my weight loss starts at the top and works it way down it gets to the hips and stops jlo eat your heart out ha ha....jenni

I think unless it is a ridiculous goal then the chemist should be supporting us, not being discouraging even if unintentionally. If you feel you need the support and can get a good CDC then I think it would be a good way for you to go, especially as CD has a more structured approach to refeed. I certainly haven't ruled this out as
I get nearer but I have a way to go yet!

There is one condition tho, you are not allowed to leave us x

Jenni, I agree BMI is a guide and it is important to make your own decisions x

arr thanks guys, and tara66 i will defo still be about! there is no getting rid of me that easily!! :D I will still use some LT shakes as I have a load left, as on the days i ate, i did skip shakes to minimise damage!

also i love the vanilla made as a late so unless cd have one similar I will get 7 a week off chemist. he didn't even seem that bothered about my pesonal concerns.

I agree jenni it is a purely personal choice, as for me, my face is still chubby-ish, not massively but i know from experience i look and feel better a bit lighter. I cant below 8.5 much as my hip bones start to stick out like razor blades! but aside from that i do have a small ish frame. I am 10stone at the moment and barely a size 12, 14's are baggy, 12's give me a muffin still (only tiny muffin though!) so for me lower is better.

cant beleive yours sara! how crazy that they want you to stop when still over bmi 30 and at 28.5?? I realize you prob look great but getting to the 25 i think - if its what you want - is far better. (not wanting to rattle any cages of people who are happier at a higher bmi)

again, personal choice, personal mission, as long as we are being sensible and not going for bmi of <18-20 like size zero's then we really should be supported, not discouraged.

just goes to show that most chemists have not gone through this personal journey, in the end, that makes a lot of difference with the support you get.

thanks again all

xxxxxx

mine wants me to stop at 11 dead on
they think any more and i will look ill, as in im pear shaped female so all hangs round the middle :p (fat ass,hips n belly)
but i wanted to get down to bmi of 23 , will they let me NO :mad:
so i will have to do rest on refeed when i start, just see how i go :)
being 5 foot 6 and just getting out of over weight on the chart(i hope this week) dont u think they should leave me be few more weeks :p

I think they should treat you like an adult and let you make up your own mind!

you are young too, now if people are older, 40-50+ then stopping for 'haggard' looks come is prob a good thing, but when you are young and your skin is healthy, i really dont think it would make up haggard at all.

also as weight around the middle is linked to medical conditions, this should be more important than looks, really.

I checked my HWR (hip to waist ratio) on the web, and it said that I am at a level where i should have concern and take action!

so i need to lose about another 4 inches off waist. I sometimes wonder if the chemist knows what they are talking about!

I mean think seriously now, how many women that you know have lost weight, go on to develop an eating disorder like anorexia and lose too much?? If anything most people I know put it back on again! not lose too much!

so what really is thier motivation, I really dont know??

I think the psychological aspect of reaching your goal is so important to your ability to maintain, missing it by a few pounds seems silly and unnecessary and detrimental to our future 'slimdom'.

rant rant rant ;)

I am scared of getting there and being that dream weight, like it is unreal, not doing it is like the devil on your shoulder saying 'you cant do it' winning. i'm not going to let him win! ((SPOT ON!!))

I absolutely agree with you all! From what I can tell my pharmacist will let me go as long as I want - if not I'm just gonna ebay it and do it for as long as I NEED to -by my judgement not from someone who doesn't get what its like.

I have my ticker set to get me to 9 stone but I actually really want to get to 8 and a half -I look bloody good at 9 st (lol) but I want half a stone's breathing room. And that keeps me at the lower end of the healthy BMI -but still within it.

i will have a word with him thursday, i only have 5 and half to go before he trys to get me to refeed ,so if i do a high wi he cant just stop me thursday lol i hope,my chemist is great but still learning i think im the only female who had seen this threw, he has had mainly men on LT , and rest of the ladys fail or stop early, so i will stamp my feet and have a tantrum lol see what he says ;)

good luck and well done you have done amazingly well!

xx

I am scared of getting there and being that dream weight, like it is unreal, not doing it is like the devil on your shoulder saying 'you cant do it' winning. i'm not going to let him win! ((SPOT ON!!))

I absolutely agree with you all! From what I can tell my pharmacist will let me go as long as I want - if not I'm just gonna ebay it and do it for as long as I NEED to -by my judgement not from someone who doesn't get what its like.

I have my ticker set to get me to 9 stone but I actually really want to get to 8 and a half -I look bloody good at 9 st (lol) but I want half a stone's breathing room. And that keeps me at the lower end of the healthy BMI -but still within it.

same here, i dont want to be always watching the scales, so that 'window' allows for occasions out and crimbo etc...

Back