Disappearing for a few days off...... (I WILL be back- AND I AM!!!)

Laurie

MM addict
When I started S&S 7 weeks ago, I always knew that I would be taking some 'planned breaks'
These last several weeks have actually flown by. I've had a few wobbles ( No cheats, what so ever) Just the down days where I question myself over and over 'can I really do this' I came close to throwing in the towel one week when I lost 3lb.
Looking back I'm so glad I didn't. 3lb is a 'good' loss, I'd never get a loss like that weekly on SW or WW. I remember a few weeks ago shopping with my mum in Iceland, I was almost determined I was quitting that day. I'd even bought a few bits in there for that evening. Something stopped me though and I didn't give in I carried on! It's like I have a moment of madness it doesn't last long and thankfully I've always come to my senses!
I have seen and know a lot of people that have these 'weekends off' and swear on Monday they're back on it 100%. Unfortunately not everyone comes back, and that weekend off costs them and before they know it they're piling on the weight again.

I'm just writing this so that Tuesday when I'm re-starting I can read back over this and see how determined I am to do this. I'm going to Greece at the end of June, I'm also a bridesmaid in October, and going to Turkey 3 days later. I can't do these things the size I am now, I know I won't enjoy myself.

I'm off to a friends up north for the weekend. It's been planned for months. I'm coming off plan, I'm going to try and eat sensibly but I just don't know how I'll get on.

All I know is I'm determined to be back on here Tuesday morning . I'm not going to weigh myself until the Saturday then I'll just go from there.

Sorry to rabbit on, I don't have a diary (I'm really not a diary person) xx

Whatever happens enjoy yourself be as sensible as u can and I'm sure you will be back on track in no time!

Enjoy your planned break and we'll see you soon Xx

Good post - as it's a planned break your still in control etc

i would say try and keep up your water intake as much as possible because that will help flush the body out ...some people find after being on the diet for weeks then having a break gives them a boost in the weight loss so fingers cross

i know your be back here and on plan on tuesday ;)

Enjoy yourself. And if you go really overboard, get up, dust yourself down and come back to us! :D
Jackie xx

Have a good weekend off Laura, and you'd better be back - don't forget that I know where you live ;) :)

you know what's best for you and the support you need is always going to be here for you. enjoy your time off :) be kind to yourself and don't beat yourself up at all!
x x x

Thank you everyone, it's my last day on s&s today. I'm really hoping my macoronni arrives today , it says it's been dispatched so fingers crossed.

I normally weigh in Thursdays but have deterred it until Saturday. I shall hop on the scales first thing In the morning. Gonna keep it to Saturday weigh ins now. As I go away on holiday on a Saturday and that Saturday first thing in morning can be my last weigh in.

Thanks all again, Laura x

Hope you have a lovely weekend and we'll see you back here on Tuesday to get back to it. You know you can and we're all here to support you if you need it.

Hi Laura

have a lovely time - I am going away next week from Wednesday till Monday to visit freinds and a family wedding in Chester.

I am hoping to stay low carb and will take some bars and shakes with me so fingers crossed i can keep on the straight and narrow - hope to hear how you got on on Tuesday!!

XX

Hope you have a really lovely time and come back fit and fighting on Tuesday. See you then

Hi everyone, guess what? I'm back! I have had the best weekend ever. Enjoyed every minute.
I was a very naughty girl though, I have put on about 6-7lb in 3 days eeeek. I wasn't careful, I just ate whatever I fancied. I've had enough meals out in the last few days to last a life time. Yes I did overindulge but I can't really say I enjoyed the food. It's weird I was eating things that I hadn't eaten for months, but it wasn't a big deal, which I thought it would be. I was dreading tomorrow, I really didn't know how I would get back into S&S I was expecting it to be tough. Really though I cant blinking wait. I've ate so much and felt so full up, fat and uncomfortable that I'm raring to go tomorrow. Really not looking forward to getting back into ketosis though.
All in all though I went a bit crazy the last few days, I deserved to have gained. But nothing tastes as good as losing weight feels!
No more planned breaks for a while. Maybe for my birthday at the end of May but I'm undecided as of yet.
My willpower is winning, this is the very last diet I will be doing !

Can't wait to get on MFP tomorrow too, and I've got my first personal trainer session in the afternoon! Wish me luck, I'll need it lol xx

Welcome back Laura - glad you're raring to go, and forget about the weight gain, you'll lose that in a few days I'm sure. I put on 6lbs during a week off last year and lost it all and more in 5 days.

Back