Disappointed - Help !!

Lost 8lb in my first week, to be honest im very disappointed, with this amount to lose i was expecting alot alot more. This has really knocked me, fed up being fat brunete in family photos beside my very beautiful slim blonde sisters but dont know if i can do this anymore...:cry::sigh::cry:

Der!!!! What other diet could you do that would lose you 8 lbs in only a week? You'd have to cut off your head!!! Don't despair that is a brilliant result - keep going - you can do it!!

Hi, I think 8lb is about right and compared to other diets is very good!
I am starting tomorrow and if I have lost 8lb in my first week I will be chuffed.
Try seeing it as a positive... 8lb off means you are over half a stone lighter than last week.. better than 2lb or more on ;)

I lost 8 lb in my first week and 6lb on my second week first stone gone in two weeks chin up it does work and your through the hardest bit keep going it be so worth it

I lost 8lb in my first week and I was absolutely delighted this diet is amazing but still best to lose it at a steady rate keep your chin up and just imagine yourself thin you will get there xx

i think thats really good :) everyone is different and you may find you have a few weeks of good losses before it drops a little unlike other diets atleast you know its a given that you will loose week every week :D

I know how disappointing it can be ....I'm not getting the amazing results that i see others here getting but still on must remember that i would not get the results i am getting on any other diet....in two weeks im nearly dwn a stone I know others can get this in one week if i compare my loss to others i will be dissappointed. so I don't, i instead look at others losses as inspiration and with tfr i know for def that every week my weight will be down....chin up hun ur doing great :)

Hey I think your loss is fab hun!!! Try not to compare yourself to others (hard I know). Each person is different, it goes on how much you have to lose, what movement you do and also how your body releases the fat.

It all evens out in the end and you also have your inches to measure. Don't feel down, chin up and see how your 2nd weigh in goes.

Good luck

xox

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Also forgot to add that in the 1st week it's mostly water that you lose and each person retains different amounts. So from now on you'll be losing fat. :D

Stick with it hun. :)

xox

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

8lbs is great, I lost 7lbs in my first week, by the end of week 3 I am a FULL STONE lighter. Stick with it, it works and you can guarantee it will be down every week. Some one once pointed out to me that 1lb per week is almost 4stone in a year. You are almost guaranteed to progress much faster than that (3-5 lbs a week). Think of it this way, which do you hate the most 4-6 months of limiting what you eat or being the fat sister. Sorry to be brutal but you will only get through this diet if you are 100% committed. Keep trying x

How can you be disappointed with 8lb?!?! That's amazing... Just think, although your weight loss will now decrease each week, you're probably on track for losing 2 stone in 4-6 weeks... Which is no time at all in the grand scheme of things! I mean, look back to mid jan, what were you doing then? Seems like yesterday doesn't it?! Well in that time again you can be about 2 dress sizes smaller!!

With regard to what everyone has to lose, you shouldn't compare yourself too much... Everyone is different sizes, and bodies are all different. How much do u have to lose altogether an what size are you now? (my iPhone won't let me see peeps deets on this app).

I was weighed yday and lost 9lb and am over the frickin moon... Imagine another big loss next wk and you'll perk up!

Xxx

Stick with it hun, I lost 8lbs in my first week and only 3lbs in the 2nd. I was a little disappointed but this week I've lost 6lbs, which I'm made up about. As others have said you shouldn't compare yourself to other people, its all about what your body can do. 8lbs is a lot if you think of 8 bags of sugar - gone from your body never to be seen again!! Chin up you can do it!!

when i started i was 263lb and lost 9lb then 7lb then 5lb and then steady 4-5lb a week after that. which is so awesome!

its easy to think that cause your so big to start with you should lose a stone a week (i thought like that) but its not realistic, but compared to other diets its awesome!

my friend is spending time shopping, preparing, weighing and then resenting eating ryvita and cottage cheese and is losing 1lb a week :( id rather have easy peasy shakes and water and lose 4-6lbs a week. keep going we will all get there eventually :D:D:D

Hey bigjeeze,

you have done amazingly well, how have you kept it going and did it take long

Yes as it says on my stats I started in July last year and I am finsihing LT on 1st March then going on to a reduced calorie diet to lose the last stone. I have lost 13 stone so oh yes it has been worth it!:D

bigjeeze said:
Yes as it says on my stats I started in July last year and I am finsihing LT on 1st March then going on to a reduced calorie diet to lose the last stone. I have lost 13 stone so oh yes it has been worth it!:D

Wow 13 stone since July? That is fanbloodytastic!! Well done you! :0)

I'll be made up if I manage 8 my first week! :0)

I agree with what everyone else is saying. 8lbs is amazing! If you actually imagine what that would be like to pick up and carry around it's insane!
I know if you have a lot to lose you might want more, but just think-that's 8lbs that's gone you're that much closer to your goal and 8lbs you don't have to worry about again.
Well done on getting through your first week, it only gets better from here. :D
Good luck!

Back