Extra Easy Disappointed in myself and upset!!

sxykyle

Hello, well i have been at slimming world for 3 weeks so. i am so upset at the moment and angry,disappointed in myself! i seem to do well all week really good stick to the plan, barely any syns then comes the weekend and i stuff my face! last week was my star week so it explained it but this week??!? i have no excuse and the worst thing is i get weighed at my class on Monday :eek: so i dont even have time to recover from it what do i do im tempted not to go at all this week :sigh:? today i have eaten like tons of fried chips, bacon cheese sandwich and my usually dinner/breakfast Im not having any tea to compensate lol!
But all week i have only had 8 and half syns so been told il be fine but sat i had countless fried chips :confused:

Hi

Have you totalled up how many syns you have had - if you add up for the week it is 105 so you may not have gone over.

I don't think skipping you tea will help. Draw a line under what you have had and focus on the plan. If you fancy chips try making the SW chips that are syn free and then you won't be missing out.

You need to go to weigh in tomorrow if you don't go this week it might end up that you don't go the next week and so on! At least if you go tomorrow and you have put on you'll know why and it might help you focus on being on plan 100% next week.

Is there anything that triggers why you have eaten like you have this weekend? xx

Thank you :) yeah it because i work in a cafe all weekend all day so it just there is front of me! so i cant really get out of it really :((( keeps happening every weekend as well lol! wel i counted my syns for yesterday and they come to 40 syns altogether. but that is without today. i have done tons of exercise this week too so hoping that may help me :) yeah i have to go tomorrow because i got with my mum and cant let her down as well because she been good all week :) im going face the music. i know it hard to draw a line and move on i always feel worse the day after too sometimes even worse than the day it happened! but thanks feel ickle bit better lol xxx

its not the end of the world - draw a line under it and start again from now (dont start again tomorrow or you might be naughty tomorrow).

Is it your husband/ partner / family making weekends harder. Why dont you plan next weeks weekend food so it fits in what you fancy (you could have had one you had a lot healthier if made yourself).

Weekend breakfasts include bacon, a syn free or low syn sausage (linda mccartney red onion and rosemary frozen sausages are free and morrisons eat smart ones are 1/2 syn) - served with tinned tomatoes, dry fry egg, mushrooms (and even beans if you fancy it). all that would be free but try and get lots of mushrooms and tomatoes in for your third superfree - if you dont have any toast this is actually all free or super free and you havent used the healthy extra!

other people make pancakes for breakfast (look at recipe section for low syn/syn free versions)

You could have then had what you had for lunch but instead of greasy chips make your own - i make wedges so i dont bother peeling and just wedge them and straight in oven (covered in fry light). Almost as easyas oven chips really)

If you havent had you healthy extra you can have bread for a sandwich (or if extra if its a small loaf you could have 2 slices of wholemeal for about 6 syns). you could have lean bacon and you could have cheese (just the amount of a healthy extra a)

so ok your choices werent ideal today but you can make the things you want as a healthy meal (and just sort out the rest of the meals so they fit around it.
So if you fancy a chinese (and your eating in) why not make one instead of a takeaway (a bag of stir fry veg, some chicken pieces or prawns) and either noodles or rice served with a blue dragon sachet of sauce vary in syns (the ones i like are about 3-4 syns for half a pack)

if you fancy curry then make your own - search in the reipes but i love our homemade curries.

If you fancy fish, chips and mushy peas then agian make your own (we do this all the time).

pizza - you can make your own but it will usually still be over the syns (i made one with a coop wholemeal pitta for a healthy extra b) then added tomato puree, tuna and cheese (hea) and it was ok but it wasnt as nice as a proper pizza.

anyway hope it helps a bit. dont give up on the weekend slip ups :)

just read your post whilst i was writing mine. that is hard working in a cafe with all that temptation. can you take some snacks with you that help you stay away. i will tell u what i would make (but it depends on whether you like spice). my mate who is asian taught me this years ago and i love it (carbs are my fave food am sure).

this can be made and reheated.
cook boiled potatoes (drain, and then leave for the steam to evaporate)
once cool cut up.

fry in fry light - garlic, ginger and green chillis (chopped small) - actually u better not have too much garlic in a cafe haha)
then add the cooked potatoes and cook so they get a crust on them. add salt and lemon juice.

can be cooked and reheated and honestly are gorgeous, you could have them in a wholemeal pitta as a heb
i bet i sound well weird but honestly its delicious. i had these the other day with some fish.

------

other potato dish thats a bit more fidley is -
cut potaoes into 1cm cubes
fry cumin seeds in fly light (or a little bit of olive oil) u need a large frying pan type dish with a lid.
add tomato puree (this is now free) - probs almost a whole tube but depends on amount of potato.
put some boiling water in and put the lid on - you basicaly need some moisture to cook the potatoes in.
add chili powder, ground tumeric and salt

once cooked add lemon juice.

know its a bit fidley but low in fat and free (and it is hugely flavoursome)

Thank you very much. i have a good breakfast and dinner at work but comes the afternoon and i just have one chip but then i cant stop and before i know it iv had like hundreds lol!!!! it is really hard i wish i didnt work there because it doesnt help me but i am on holiday soon for couple weeks so il be ok then and going sort myself out for when i get back :) but thanks i have forgot about it and goin gym 2mo morning and see the damage tomorrow night and carry on as normal :) thank you xxx

Back