Disappointed :(

Hi All,

So I've done 2 weeks on SS now, and I had an amazing loss the first week of 14lbs.

However, this week I lost 4lbs. I was quite disappointed.

Do you think it'll pick up or do you think I should expect to lose less than 4lbs the coming weeks?

I've been really good, stuck to the diet 100% and I've been swimming, so was hoping for a little more.

What's your experiences?

You'll see from my stats below that I've never lost anything like that number doing SS. It really depends on what your starting weight is and what you have to lose. The large weight loss one week 1 was water as well as fat. It's normal for the number to decrease after W1.

Are you serious? How much are you expecting to lose? The average is a stone a month so 3-4 lb a week is brilliant. You lost a months worth in your first week. More than most do.

Wk 1 -8lb
Wk2 -6lb
Wk3 -3lb
Wk4 -4lb
Wk5 -3lb
Wk6 -3lb
Wk7 -3lb
Wk8 -STS :-(
Wk9 -STS :-( Again
Wk10 -4lb whoop whoop lol

I agree with the others, it's not a miracle diet, Losing a stone that quickly is amazing! 3-4lbs a week is the norm x

Thanks for your replies, I am really overweight. I need to lose about 8 stone really.

I sound really ungrateful, but I am over the moon with my 18lbs loss so far. I don't know what I was expecting really, just hoped I'd be closer the 7lbs mark in week 2 after such a brilliant loss the first week. Looking at other peoples weight loss so far, most have lost a good amount the second wee too, so I think that's what had thrown me out of kilter!

The people that lose more in the 2nd week normally lose around 6-9 lb in the first week (me included). If I'd have lost 14lb in my first week and nothing the 2nd I'd have been well pleased. You have to look at the bigger picture. Regardless of how much you have to lose a stone a month is the average. Anymore than that could be muscle. Keep it up.

Wk 1 -8lb
Wk2 -6lb
Wk3 -3lb
Wk4 -4lb
Wk5 -3lb
Wk6 -3lb
Wk7 -3lb
Wk8 -STS :-(
Wk9 -STS :-( Again
Wk10 -4lb whoop whoop lol

Well I have 5 stone to lose and I'll be over the moon at a stone a month. That seems achievable judging by what others have lost. Obviously some lose more some lose less but the stone a month thing seems to be a good average from what I've been told.
Good luck, you've done brilliantly already just keep going. X

I've on week 6 and average 3-4 pounds a week, though on my 3 pound week I still feel disappointed even though I know it's ridiculous and overall the losses are amazing in the timeframe - Ideally I would like an overnight miracle cure lol

Think we all would, hence us now being on this site! I know what you mean though, 3lbs a week is actually quite a lot of weight but somehow it's not enough for how much effort you've put in?
I remember coming out of weight watchers once with my friend, I'd lost 1.5lb that week and was bitterly disappointed as I thought I'd had a really good week and stuck to it religiously. She took me in to the local Tesco metro and put 3 blocks of butter in my hands "That's what you've lost this week" she said. It did somehow put it into perspective actually seeing that amount of fat placed infront of you. So next time you're shopping, look at 6 packs of lard and have a massive smile on your face. X

That's a really good way of looking at it! I will deffo try that in future... visualising the amount lost will be a huge motivator! x

When is your next weigh in? Just stay focused, you've done so brilliantly well in the past couple of weeks, don't let your disappointment take away from what you've already achieved. Good luck and keep us posted as to how your doing. X

I agree with Anne. Sounds like you are doing amazing so far. It has taken us a long time to gain all this weight, it is not going to all come off in one month. The stats for CD are amazing though, looking at some of the success stories, the dieters just kept plodding on, chip, chipping away and emerged like butterflies:wow:Just keep doing what you are doing!

Back