Disappointing 1st weigh in

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by cakeyourday, 8 June 2009 Social URL.

1. cakeyourday

cakeyourday Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st7lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st2lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Well it was my 1st WI today and I can promise I have been 100% good all week and I only lost 2lb :confused:

I know its a loss and I should be pleased, and if it continues at that it will be great but compared to a lot of other peoples' 1st week loss it doesn't seem much. The daft thing is I would have been happy with 3lb!!!

Anyway I am going to stick at fingers crossed I'll be happier next week :cross:

At least I have the forum which allows me to have a bit of a moan - thanks folks :eek:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Chuffy_29

Chuffy_29 Bring it on!

Start Weight:
    103.19kg
    Current Weight:
    100.47kg
    Goal Weight:
    92.53kg
    Lost(%):
    2.7kg(2.64%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I'm sure you'll be fine. People lose at different rates so don't be down on yourself. As you say if you keep goinbg at 2lb a week that would be over 7 stone in a year (one of my fave ways to look at losses...what could i achieve in year) and that would be amazing :)

charlottegrace1 likes this.
  4. Donnie46

Donnie46 Slow but sure....

Start Weight:
    22st0lb
    Current Weight:
    19st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(11.36%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - Green Days only.
    Everyone's metabolism is different, you may find you will lose more next week when your body has adjusted to the diet, well done on your loss.

5. mumto4

mumto4 Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st10lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9.5lb(5.79%)
    Diet:
    LipoTrim
    What plan have yu been followin? EE, green or original?. Well done on 2lb it's still a loss, 3 weeks at 2lb a week is nearly 1/2 stone!

6. salsaqueen

salsaqueen Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st12lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I lost a 1lb my first week and put it down to the fact I'd been stuffing my face with everything and anything the previous week. I figured I still had some weight to go on even after I'd been weighed that first week before I could start losing, If that makes sense!

judimac likes this.
  7. PinkToaster

PinkToaster Silver Member

Diet:
    Slimming World - Everyday is a green day!
    2lbs is the healthiest amount of weight you can lose in a week, anymore is losing too fast, even though SW does give higher results. So don't worry! You're doing good!

8. charlottegrace1

charlottegrace1 Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Diet:
    SW
    Congratulations on 2lbs, it may not seem a lot to you but its a bag of sugar (ish). Loose that every week nice and steady and you will achieve your goal. I have seen people at class that come in and have huge lossess some weeks and nothing the next and then gain and then another huge loss etc, but for some reason it seems to be the steady eddie's with a pound or two every week that reach goal. I think they learn more about the way they should be eating and change their ways more than the erratic ones do. So head down and here's to another good week. XX

9. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st5lb(41.2%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I've just got two things to say:

Firstly, 2lb is not a small amount. Get yourself to the kitchen and pick up a bag of sugar. That's more or less what you've lost in ONE week!

Secondly, it doesn't matter what you lose the first week, only what you've lost by your last week and trust me by then you won't give two figs what you lost on week one.

Last edited: 8 June 2009
  10. JoJosing

JoJosing Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st3lb
    Current Weight:
    9st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st11lb
    Lost(%):
    4st4lb(30.15%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Listen to the others they are all right - I only lost a little on my first week and only loose 1-2 pounds as I am going along but all thise 1 and 2 pounds soon add up. It was a good first week just keep going!

11. cakeyourday

cakeyourday Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st7lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st2lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thank you all

Thank you all for you words of support and encouragement :thankyou:

The great thing about this forum is the wonderfully quick responses can be the thing that stop you giving up, going mad and having a take home on the way home (I didn't I promise)!

Thanks again!!!!!

12. *Sally Cinnamon*

*Sally Cinnamon* Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st12lb
    Current Weight:
    17st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(6.06%)
    I feel your pain.... 4.5lb (I am a lot bigger than you)... hoping it just takes time to adapt

13. debsue

debsue Member

Start Weight:
    13st9lb
    Current Weight:
    11st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(18.32%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    2lb is 4 packs of lard so well done. I lost nothing in my first week then 4lb the week after, dont be disheartened. x

14. AdsNan

AdsNan Wants to be slim at 60

Start Weight:
    12st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(18.29%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I know she'll keep going as we have a pact:character00255:

15. judimac

judimac Mad old Bat with Attitude

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Diet:
    WW
    Don't be disappointed, there will be all sorts of reasons, and I bet you lose even more this week. Have you been eating enough? Strange as it may seem, you need to really fill up on all your free foods and eat all your syns for this programme to work. This generally means that you will probably be eating more than you normally do!
    Your body needs time to settle. Some people do it 100% and put on the first week, especially if they've swapped from another plan. Stick with it and you will soon be posting consistent losses. And remember, that 2lbs will in all likelyhood be fat not water!

16. Joanne W

Joanne W Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming world
    I know how you feel I got wieghed today and have only lost 2 3/4lb in my first week. (My scales are WW ones which is why they weigh in 1/4 lbs).:sigh:

17. Harrie

Harrie Silver Member

Start Weight:
    9st12lb
    Current Weight:
    9st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(5.8%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Am I really reading that someone is upset with a 2lb loss? And then another with a 4.5lb loss? ANY loss is to be cheered!!!! You're now lighter than you were last week.

The most I - and several others - have ever lost in a week is 2lbs. I average about 0.75lb. I don't care. The scales are going in the right direction and if it goes off slowly I have more chances of keeping it off. It's consistency that counts.

Think how long it took you to become the weight you are. You can't lose it overnight and you shouldn't want to. SW is a healthy eating plan, not a quick fix.

A huge WELL DONE from me on your 2lbs. And Sally on your 4.5lbs and Joanne on your 2.25lbs. :happy096::happy096::happy096: I hope to see you all reporting such good losses next week.

charlottegrace1 likes this.
  18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. cakeyourday

cakeyourday Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st7lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st2lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Well done Joanne W :0clapper: as everyone said to me its a good start and after I got over my initial sulk I am pleased that I am on the right track.

2nd WI tomorrow so hoping that goes ok too - should do as I have been 100% good all week.

20. sarah212

sarah212 Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st3lb
    Current Weight:
    9st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(11.89%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    The most ive lost in a wk was 2 and a half pounds....and i was really happy!!!

21. Sticky

Sticky I will succeed!!!

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.5lb(4.59%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi hun -

2 lbs is a great start so feel proud!

When I first joined SW (late last year) I lost 6lbs in week one, but when I re-joined a different group 5 weeks ago, my first loss was 1.5lbs. Both times I'd been 100% good, but I think what others have said is true - I think it depends on what's 'catching you up' from before ;-)

2lbs is a healthy loss - if you maintain a healthy 2lbs a week you'll really notice and quite quickly too.

Stay focused - you will see it dropping off :)

P.S Larger losses in week 1 are generally water losses - and the 'female month' can affect this (my 6lb loss was following star week).

Good luck xx

22. tapanga

tapanga New Member

Start Weight:
    21st10lb
    Current Weight:
    21st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    This is my first week and my WI is on Monday. I've resisted getting on the scales but I'm worried :confused: - I've been doing EE and Red days. What weight losses have people experienced with EE? The 2lb a week/7 stone a year is a really good view to take but I'm impatient. I'm realy enjoying EE but I want to maximise my weight loss.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.