Disapproving friends

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by smc9009, 19 July 2011 Social URL.

1. smc9009

smc9009 Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(5.53%)
    Told one of my close friends today that I'm doing the CD and she gave me a big lecture about it being unhealthy. I said that I'll be a hell of a lot healthier when I'm 5 stone lighter. She is very lucky to be someone who can eat twice as much as me and stay a size 8. I know she only means well and I can hold my ground but it still upsets me a bit for some reason..

How do other people cope with these sorts of comments?

1st WI tomorrow, quite excited, sneaky peaks imply a good result, feel looser in my trousers already despite being time of the month! Wish me luck :)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Illa

Illa Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st5lb
    Current Weight:
    16st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st9lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.18%)
    Diet:
    Mostly raw vegan
    ok your friend is the kind of person I would have been a few months ago, she believes in the politically correct slow weight loss, healthy weight loss. It's the paradigm of today's talk on weight loss. Don't be too upset. I've changed, maybe she'll change too ;) anyway you're your own boss and choose your own path.

4. vonpeeky

vonpeeky Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    14st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(5%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    first time around my old house mate was like that... she would make such awful comments and be nasty about things all cos she was jealous i was losing the weight and she wouldnt have a fat friend any more.
    chin up you are doing it for you xxx

5. LeylaIrem

LeylaIrem Full Member

Goal Weight:
    12st5lb
    Diet:
    Exante
    Dont listen to the negative comments you've taken a positive step to loosing the weight you want to hopefully when she sees how happy you are when you begin loosing a lot of the weight you want she will change her mind and support you :) Good luck with your weigh in xx

6. Chiku

Chiku Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st12lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(14.71%)
    Diet:
    17/06/11 started Xenical
    Hey you know your body to a certain degree and know what may suit you and what won't. The path your on as many others are, is a path of rediscovering the understanding of your body and knowing what it is happy and what isn't.
    You stick with the program that your on and I have a BIG funny feeling that in 6 months time you'll hit your healthy ideal or close to it. Also if things ever get tough emotionally/ physically then you know what to do as we all on the same journey.
    Wish you all the very best with your journey and please keep us all posted on your stats

7. babypat

babypat Gold Member

Hi good luck

8. smc9009

smc9009 Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(5.53%)
    Thanks for all your comments, I feel certain this is the right decision for me. I just get frustrated defending myself again and again. I don't think it's unhealthy, although I would agree it's not the healthiest way to do it!

Roll on the pounds coming off then it will speak for itself!
    X

9. lauren-1986

lauren-1986 Feeling Motivated

Start Weight:
    13st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(5.43%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    My friends are like this, it annoys me that they keep on telling me they can't wait for me to eat 'solids' again - talk about making someone feel like a child. However, just suck it up and realise that you have made this decision to lose the weight and you will be happy in the end with the results and they are simply jealous that you are losing the weight.

One of my friends who is much bigger than me called me stupid until I updated her on my weekly loss last night. Now she is asking where to go to get on the diet. Things will get better. We all need to rise above it for now and forget the haters!

10. loulouless

loulouless Is a loser :)

Start Weight:
    24st2lb
    Current Weight:
    20st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st8lb(14.79%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    You know, other people sometimes think they know best and feel they have to go with the crowd in some respects, but lets face it, we are doing this important reasons and for mine its health...I know if I stay at this weight I can probably see myself having some problems.

If your happy with your decision then go for it and the best of luck for your first weigh in tomorrow. x

11. littledoris

littledoris Member

Start Weight:
    20st10lb
    Current Weight:
    18st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2lb(10.34%)
    Diet:
    cambridge diet ss
    Hi
    I have a 'friend' who never actually said anything to my face about not approving of my diet but to anyone else that would listen she would slate it! And yes, she has a weight issue too!! What upset me more was the fact that it was a dig at me and what I was doing instead of her being supportive and a good friend. I had a break from the diet and now I'm back on it I've made the decision not to tell her, I just don't want it to become an issue between us. The main thing is losing weight and being healthy.
    LittleDoris xx

12. CheeseGirl

CheeseGirl Gold Member

Start Weight:
    212.8lb
    Current Weight:
    204.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    142lb
    Lost(%):
    8.8lb(4.14%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    It's a bit like, the people who have no children are very wise in the ways of how to raise them. Let it roll off your back and quit discussing your diet with any of them. That's what WE are here for! Good luck, don't let it get you down :)

13. Chiku

Chiku Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st12lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(14.71%)
    Diet:
    17/06/11 started Xenical
    Ever so True

14. Evs

Evs Member

Start Weight:
    11st4lb
    Current Weight:
    11st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st2lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan 810
    It is a diet followed by thousands and thousands world wide - if it was that bad...don't you think we would all have known about it by now? Look at the forums...it's a tough going diet sometimes, but I would probably say that most have had amazing results if the diet is stuck to. It's so worth it! I also believe in not commenting unless you've given it a go! ........keep calm and carry on!

15. tranquility

tranquility Gold Member

Start Weight:
    362lb
    Current Weight:
    292.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    170lb
    Lost(%):
    69.2lb(19.12%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting, controlled carbs, good nutrition and Slimpods.
    Oh I don't agree about the children bit. Some of us non-parents are much better at it that the parents.

16. Cupcakes84

Cupcakes84 Member

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan - SS
    Just ignore the comments. You know you're doing the right thing. Keep your chin up and good luck for your WI. :)

17. smc9009

smc9009 Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(5.53%)
    Ah thanks. Appreciate it! I'm definately gonna stop discussing it with people unless it's unavoidable though! Week One weigh in tomorrow here we come!! :)

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. goolian

goolian Fab & Fit For Florida

Diet:
    Slimming World
    i experienced this with my in laws the first time round and some friends...
    this time the in laws do not know, i told my mam after week 1 and told my dad after week2... luckily my other half is really supportive and he is helping keep his parents out of it...
    people know at work and only one has past comment cos she is a fitness buff, goes to the gym everyday and is major muscles... but it was only a niggle at me initially...
    no one has said anything nasty as far as i am aware and if they say owt behind my back i don't really care...
    i am doing this for me first and foremost... definately not for people at work :)

20. Colony

Colony Full Member

Simple.

Just tell her it's NICE guidance recommended. And if she doesn't know what that means, tell her to look it up.

Sorted. :)

21. Chiku

Chiku Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st12lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(14.71%)
    Diet:
    17/06/11 started Xenical
    And SMILE :)

22. losemenow

losemenow Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st2.5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(4.24%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan
    Hiya :) really interesting thread. Im starting this next week as that's the first appointment I can get and other than my workmate (we two female pa's in an all male office) im telling noone. Ive a busy few weeks ahead re work and outside projects so I figure avoiding alcohol and dinners should be easy enough and as I no longer live at home in Ireland, I dont have to worry about my mom being so disapproving lol/.

At the end of the day we know our own bodies and we're adults. Once we're happy isnt that all that really matters?

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.