Extra Easy Disastrous First Week!

I'm new to on-line SW and to this forum and am looking for some advice, support and general words of wisdom!

I have been doing the extra easy SW plan and committed to it 100% for a full week. I've heard lots of amazing stories about weight falling off but I've weighed in this morning at exactly the same weight as last week.

I've rechecked the 'getting started' guide, reviewed my food diary and am pretty sure that I've followed the guidelines.

Plus, I've been out walking during the week a few times to try to get a bit more active.

I have 4 stone to lose and am feeling very very down today.

Any words of wisdom?

Thanks Kerrie

If you post a food diary here, people will be able to see if you have gone astray at all without realising it - which is very easy to do when you start out!

You will see if you look through the forum that it isn't unusual for people to have a disappointing first week and then a really good second week.

Have your carb portions (pasta, potatoes, rice etc) being very large? I know they say unlimited but I find those are the things that can make my weight loss stall. Huge protein and veg portions don't seem to have the same effect on me. xx

Thank you so much for both replying! I've been keeping a paper food diary this week so it's not so easy to post it here BUT I have been eating lots of carbs e.g. potatoes this week. I actually thought myself that it didn't feel right!

I've had a lot of success with very low carb eating before but didn't feel they were a healthy or sustainable lifestyle.

I think as you suggest, I'll reduce those higher carb items and increase the super free options and give it another week to see if it makes a difference.

Thanks again!

Working out what is right for you sometimes takes a while - we aren't all the same, and we aren't machines! I am sure it will work out.

also, make sure you use your syns!! it feels v unnatural at the start and you think the less syns you have, the quicker it will come off. For some reason, well with me anyway, it doesn't work like that! Whenever i properly use my syns, i have a great loss. So don't deprive yourself!

Hi kerrie000 sorry to hear you stayed the same it's very disappointing when you know you have stuck to it 100% could it be extra fluid though if your nearing your star week as for the last two weeks I gained a pound an stayed the same, some one gave a great tip in class about portion plates an said don't waste your money an use nail varnish an section your plate so you know how much carbs protein an super fee foods your eating an it's important to snack on speed foods through out the day to keep your metablisom going, hopefully at your next weigh in you will get a good big result don't give up I so could if the last two weeks but have not so keep strong an everyone's here to help

Hi Kerrie

don't feel too despondent hun. Perhaps you could just post a couple of days food diary so we can take a look? Often if you don't see a loss one week it will show on the scales the following week.

A few questions for you:
Are you filling a third of your plate with superfree?
What are your portion sizes like? are you eating too much? (or too little?)
Are you drinking enough water?
Is it coming up to star week?
Are you eating your syns? Too few and I don't lose - many others are the same, strange but true lol
Did you exercise regularly before? If not when you first start to exercise your muscles retain water, they will let it go again as they get used to it

Keep at it hun, if you're following the plan, it will work I promise :)

Hi Kerrie.

When I did SW for the second time (can't believe this is my third but it will definitely be the last!), I knew exactly what I was doing and, like you, I stuck to plan 100%. I was totally gutted at my first weigh in when I discovered I had actually put ON a pound!! The consultant looked through my food diary and couldn't notice anything wrong, either. Anyway, I stuck it out and the second week I LOST 4 lbs.

I find eating less carbs doesn't make any difference to whether I lose or not but it's definitely worth trying, as we are all so different. Keep posting on here, then people can hopefully be of help to you. Good luck with your second week, Kerrie.

Kathy x

Thanks for the advice girls, I'm going to weigh in tomorrow to see if my second week has been successful. I'll let you know how if goes. I've put a lot of pressure on myself as I have a black tie dance coming up in a month and know I'll feel a hell of a lot better about wearing an evening dress and dancing around with a few pounds off. x

Good luck with your weigh in, I am sure you will see some action on the scales. XXX

Good luck Kerrie :)

So pleased I found this post - I am feeling exactly the same, I lost 4lb in my first week, put on 2lb in the second and lost 1lb last night in my 3rd. I've been following everything correctly, spoke to my consultant last night and she suggested cutting out my carbs and doing an SP week and see what happens this week! Its so frustrating, especially as I'm going to group with a really good friend of mine and she has lost an amazing 1 stone in 3 weeks I am so so proud of her and ive lost a measly 3lb in 3 weeks, I wish I could melt fat off like that!

really trying to stay positive as this seems to be the story of my life when it comes to dieting, do great in the first week then rubbish from then on and then I end up falling off the wagon as I'm not seeing results but putting 100% effort in!

Thanks for the advice girls, I'm going to weigh in tomorrow to see if my second week has been successful. I'll let you know how if goes. I've put a lot of pressure on myself as I have a black tie dance coming up in a month and know I'll feel a hell of a lot better about wearing an evening dress and dancing around with a few pounds off. x

Hi, how was WI today x

So pleased I found this post - I am feeling exactly the same, I lost 4lb in my first week, put on 2lb in the second and lost 1lb last night in my 3rd. I've been following everything correctly, spoke to my consultant last night and she suggested cutting out my carbs and doing an SP week and see what happens this week! Its so frustrating, especially as I'm going to group with a really good friend of mine and she has lost an amazing 1 stone in 3 weeks I am so so proud of her and ive lost a measly 3lb in 3 weeks, I wish I could melt fat off like that!

really trying to stay positive as this seems to be the story of my life when it comes to dieting, do great in the first week then rubbish from then on and then I end up falling off the wagon as I'm not seeing results but putting 100% effort in!

Hi Danielle and welcome to Minis! :welcome2: That must be so disheartening for you, especially as your friend is doing so well. Some people seem to be able to lose it so easily, don't they? I'm exactly like you though. It takes me ages, even though I stick to plan 100%. I'm ashamed to say, this is my third time of doing SW and I intend it to be the last! The first couple of times it took me ages but I persevered and managed to lose 3 stone each time. How stupid was I to put it back on! Durr!! This time, it is coming off but, again, in fits and starts. Some weeks I stay the same, others I put on and then some weeks, like this week, I lose really well - 3lbs this week!

All I can say, Danielle, is don't give up, even though it can get very frustrating. What you are eating can only be good for your weight loss eventually. If you weren't doing it, you'd probably end up putting even more weight on and then you'd have more to lose, when you next tried to diet. Try to make things you enjoy eating, then it won't seem anything like a diet - which it isn't really; just a healthy way of eating. I always try to eat one new meal a week, then I don't get bored.

I wish you lots and lots of luck with this and I'm sure you'll soon get lots of support and ideas from the other Minis. :)

Kathy x

Back