Extra Easy disheartened

fattymac

Hi everyone. I'm new to Slimming world. I am very disheartened. I'm on week 5. First week-nothing lost, second week I thought I was flying, lo st 3 lbs. Third week to my shock and horror I put up 1 lb eventhough I stuck 100% to plan. Then for week 4 I did an EESP week. This is usually guaranteed a big loss but guess what? a lousy 1\2 lb. My consultant is very baffled as to why I'm not loosing much. She has looked carefully at my food diaries which are very accurate.I stick rigidly to plan, have tons of speed foods with every meal, most recipes are slimming world ones with no syns. I use my HEX A and HEX B. I do limit my syns to around 4 as I'm not loosing much. Any advice very gratefully accepted. :(

Well first thing that strikes me is your syns are too low, just have a look around here, people always say lower syns does not mean more weight loss. Try to increase them if you can, have say tomato sauce, mayo, gravy, wine, chocolate whatever takes your fancy.

Do you have a food diary on here?

I'm with you on the small weight loses I've only lost 9 1/2 lbs in eight weeks now I'm starting to think it's ee but then I tried a red week an lost a crumby 1/2 hope yours gets better it's of outing because you just think all the time an effort you put in planing an being good an for what? But hey hopefully it will start to work soon

I'm a very slow loser. I've only done 2 weeks and lost 2lbs in week 1, 1/2lb in week 2. I know I will only lose 1/2-1lb each week. I am trying to stay positive and hope for the occasional 2lb loss. I HAVE to focus on portion control otherwise I just don't lose. I am not saying I need to eat tiny amounts but I DO need to make sure I am not eating too much or snacking too much.

Just keep going and you will find what works for you eventually x

My sister says this as she's done s/w an w/w she said with w/w you learn to control your portions better as its points but with s/w you can eat it free an often end up not needing it but still eating it because it's free

I do agree your syns are low they do say 5 to 15 a day with 5 minimum

Hi I can totally understand this , I'm on wk 2 1lb up first wk on EE , followed it 100% , I do a spin class and strength training and run twice a week. They've said maybe I should be eating more cause I workout a lot . I'm on EE again this week making the changes, am gonna try EESP next week if nothing move , I'm 11 days in now and feel absolutely no difference ??

Last edited:
I'm with you on the small weight loses I've only lost 9 1/2 lbs in eight weeks now I'm starting to think it's ee but then I tried a red week an lost a crumby 1/2 hope yours gets better it's of outing because you just think all the time an effort you put in planing an being good an for what? But hey hopefully it will start to work soon

Start to work soon? But it IS working - you have lost over half a stone. OK, that might be a bit slower than you would like, but it is working!

My mums a target member and got to her target never losing more than a pound a week. I can lose 4 in a week but can quite easily put that on in a week too

I would say to look at your portion sizes (especially carbs). I know sw always bleat on about the fact that you can eat pasta till it comes out of your ears etc but I dont think you can. As said above ww teaches you portion sizes much better than sw. We seem to have forgotten what a normal sized portion is over the years. I would go by the guidelines on the back of the packets of rice, pasta etc.

Good luck for the coming weeks

I know it's working but I mean I hope it will be a loss every week because at the moment two weeks of a month I'm not geting anything

I thought about investing in a portion plate but some said just use nail varnish

I know it's working but I mean I hope it will be a loss every week because at the moment two weeks of a month I'm not geting anything

I thought about investing in a portion plate but some said just use nail varnish

Not every one loses weight every week. Its really isn't a case of diet and lose a certain amount of weight. If only it were that easy, we'd all be slim! That is exactly why this dieting lark is so difficult....you think you've had a good week and lo and behold, you stand on the scales and they haven't budged or even worse, they've gone up! It happens and there are all sorts of unknown reasons why. You just have to keep plodding on and take the rough with the smooth I'm afraid!

All my thoughts where is did it work better being red an green don't get me wrong I'm happy with the weight gone who wouldn't be if it was easy I wouldn't still be doing it 8 years on but that's what happens when you don't maintain an two kids more

Thanks for the reply Michelle. The 1st week I was using almost all my syns and didnt loose anything, thats why I cut back. I might need a little more. How do u make a food diary on here? Thanks

Thanks Jeanette. I do watch portion size and I've reduced the amount of fruit as its very high in natural sugar. I've done ww before so know the portion sizes. I had good success but thought I'd give this a try.

i stick to it religiously and have lost a mere 2lb in 5weeks. however to me its not a diet its a healthy eating plan and if there is weight to lose it will come off eventually. dont be disheartened it will happen.

Thanks for the reply Michelle. The 1st week I was using almost all my syns and didnt loose anything, thats why I cut back. I might need a little more. How do u make a food diary on here? Thanks

No probs, just start a thread up like you have here but in the SW section, if you title it asking for help or something similar people will sub & pass comment, you could also put a link in your signature.

what is eesp

EESP is Extra Easy (EE) SP part is you eat only Speed & Protein foods, there is a link on here somewhere, it's for people who want to speed up their weight loss, it's to be used short term & not long term as its quite restrictive as there are no carbs. People have tried it at our group with mixed results.

It's now my second week at sw lost 5.5 in first week I tend to have around 6 to 8 syns a day I also find that drinking more helps a lot to x keep sticking to it and the weight will come off :)

Back