Original Dissapointed :(

slimming lizard

First week over, weighed in...no change...not even a few grams...exactly the same !
I have come to do red SW after a month or so of low carbing. So I know my body is used to very low carb and this week I have been upping my carbs with loads of super free.
I have stayed within syns, have my milk in a baby bottle,no cheese all week ...

But I have an idea it could be wine that is stalling me...anyone else? It is within syns but could this be the culprit?

I feel better, my skin is looking good, no bloating....so why am not losing weight????

Maybe I should switch to Green. I have struggled with the meat aspect of red as we can hardly afford meat all the time so its normally chicken...
Or should I give red a bit longer?

Please advise me! Am just tempted to throw in the towel and have a biskit!

slimming lizard said:
First week over, weighed in...no change...not even a few grams...exactly the same !
I have come to do red SW after a month or so of low carbing. So I know my body is used to very low carb and this week I have been upping my carbs with loads of super free.
I have stayed within syns, have my milk in a baby bottle,no cheese all week ...

But I have an idea it could be wine that is stalling me...anyone else? It is within syns but could this be the culprit?

I feel better, my skin is looking good, no bloating....so why am not losing weight????

Maybe I should switch to Green. I have struggled with the meat aspect of red as we can hardly afford meat all the time so its normally chicken...
Or should I give red a bit longer?

Please advise me! Am just tempted to throw in the towel and have a biskit!

If you've come from a low carb diet, and have started to include carbs this week, then personally I think you've done well to sts! Stick with it and your body will adjust

I agree, your body is probably thinking, phew I am finally getting fed! lol I would stick with red for now just because you have come from a low carb, and that will help you gradually switch, then maybe at a couple of extra easy days in, as if you go onto green it may be too carb heavy and you might even gain! x

I gained 1lb in my first weigh in, just a change in diet. The following weeks i lost. Stick at it sw works, it takes time but you will get there.

bear in mind that even on red days you eat far more carbs than you would on a low carb diet. Fruit in particular is quite high in carbs, but is still really good for you.

If it will make you feel better, then maybe write down on this thread what you ate on a typical day last week so we can check it was right.

Oh 0 and if you want a biscuit - have one - thats what sysns are for!

Feel better now I have read your replies and just spoke to a friend who has lost 7 stone with SW and she told me to get a grip lol!
Will keep at it and see how I do in a week :)

Try mixing days, so your body gets a variety maybe. But I think your body is just adjusting, coming from one diet to another takes a lot of body adjustment, you might find you have a big loss next week.

I find wine horrendous for making me have a temporary gain. I think it's because I feel dehydrated & then end up with water retention. Within a couple of days the gain is gone though.

I am a bit disappointed as well, I've lost 4 lbs in the first 2 weeks, but I had expected more as I normally lose quite a bit at the start and then it slows down to 2lbs a week, I do only green days as I'm not a meat eater, any tips?

I can honestly say that my days have been 100% and I have not drifted off plan and I just think I may have to give my body a week more to adjust to carbs. And I have had 2 apples a day which I know is carby but good for me! Carrots, wholemeal slices as a HEB..Milk...all very bad in a low carbers book!
Will soldier on and am cutting out the wine this week. :)

Lanarkwitch said:
I am a bit disappointed as well, I've lost 4 lbs in the first 2 weeks, but I had expected more as I normally lose quite a bit at the start and then it slows down to 2lbs a week, I do only green days as I'm not a meat eater, any tips?

Really? My tips would be to readjust your expectations. 4lbs in 2 weeks is exactly what you should expect on SW.

Really? My tips would be to readjust your expectations. 4lbs in 2 weeks is exactly what you should expect on SW.

Don't get me wrong I am happy with 2lbs a week on an on going basis, it's just that I normally lose quite a few pounds the first week of any diet, then it slows to 2lbs, when I came down from 24st odd, I lost about 10lbs a week for the first 2 weeks and 3lbs every week without fail until I got to 13st 4lbs.

I can honestly say that my days have been 100% and I have not drifted off plan and I just think I may have to give my body a week more to adjust to carbs. And I have had 2 apples a day which I know is carby but good for me! Carrots, wholemeal slices as a HEB..Milk...all very bad in a low carbers book!
Will soldier on and am cutting out the wine this week. :)

My hubs is a low carber and I would honestly say for the first few weeks, eat your lower carb berries and veggies so your body can get used to the carbs again, you will gain water weight, but that will come off after a bit, for your hex's stick to your cheeses rather than higher carb milk and bread and slowly replace them with your bread and starchy types.

Lanarkwitch said:
Don't get me wrong I am happy with 2lbs a week on an on going basis, it's just that I normally lose quite a few pounds the first week of any diet, then it slows to 2lbs, when I came down from 24st odd, I lost about 10lbs a week for the first 2 weeks and 3lbs every week without fail until I got to 13st 4lbs.
Unless you are back up at 24st you can't expect to loose like that anymore i'm afraid. The reason your losses 'slowed' to 2lbs when you hit about 13st ish was because your body needs less calorie to keep going at that weight, so it becomes harder to create a calorie deficit without increasing your exercise or drastically reducing your food intake.

Unless you are back up at 24st you can't expect to loose like that anymore i'm afraid. The reason your losses 'slowed' to 2lbs when you hit about 13st ish was because your body needs less calorie to keep going at that weight, so it becomes harder to create a calorie deficit without increasing your exercise or drastically reducing your food intake.
, Sorry perhaps I'm not making myself very clear here, when I started I was 15st 3, then down to 15st 1, then 14.13 this week, so what I was saying in my week one I would have expected more than 2lbs based on my previous...and unfortunately extensive experience, I'm not expecting to lose 10lbs, but 3 or 4 in week 1 would have been nice

I get ya. I'm afraid it's still down to calories in vs calories out though, SW is just a clever way of you not having to think about it in those terms. In order to lose more weight you need to create a greater calorie deficit. But 2lbs a week is fab anyway!

kingleds said:
I get ya. I'm afraid it's still down to calories in vs calories out though, SW is just a clever way of you not having to think about it in those terms. In order to lose more weight you need to create a greater calorie deficit. But 2lbs a week is fab anyway!

Perhaps this is one of the reasons am not losing. Eating too much. Yes haven't got lot to lose but sw does say eat til satisfied so maybe when people reach a certain weight sw should teach about portion sizes etc? Or is this something I need teach myself? Calories in v's calories out...somedays am hardly eating much so not sure where to go from here. Every day is a school day...lol

I gave up wine for 3 weeks, first weigh in gained a pound second week stayed the same final week lost a pound. Went back on wine and lost 2.5 then 2. As long as you count it in your syns its ok, thats what there there for and by the way each week ive had 2 btls.

Back