Ditch the scales!!

airgirl

Gold Member
I keep reading posts about people who are getting disheartened because they have stayed the same, put on or lost a little bit all in the course of a day.

I know some people find it helpful to weigh themselves every morning but i don't think it gives you an accurate idea of weightloss unless on a weekly basis.

I threw my scales out at the start of my journey as i become obsessed with weighing and i'm sure it can stall progress by either forming a false sense of loss so you relax a bit or by forming a false sense of failure making you feel inclined to give up or generally putting you in a bad mood.

Ditch the scales, stay 100% and have a fab surprise every week. Thats what i say!!xx

yes wait for your official WI and experience the loss and excitement and this will then carry you through until the next WI day on a high

ha. yes. i am a daily weigher but that's what works for me :D i know that it really upsets some people so for some it would be a good idea :)

abz xx

I get weighed once a week & it's always been a lovely suprise! xx

I have to say I weigh myself everyday and it helps me to stay focused. Even if it is the same or up, I know it will change but if I didnt weigh myself and waited for the CDC I would feel out of control. But this is just my own personal opinion.

i weigh every morning too, like said it works for me and i don't get upset if they don't budge, cos i know they will eventually.

I used to weigh myself at least 3 times a day. It really helped me keep focused, but I can understand others finding the opposite.

I even liked it when I put on (as long as I kept to the diet) because I knew they'd be a day when it would suddenly drop and I'd get a bigger loss that day :D

I couldn't wait until weigh day. What if the results were less than expected :(

I like to know beforehand :D

I weigh myself everyday, I like to know whats going on. I dont think I could wait for the cdc to do it incase I was gutted with the result.

I was getting quite bad at this actually but am resolving to only weigh myself once in the morning and once at night just as reassurance.

Sara

I weigh myself once a day. I cant really see the point in weighing yourself more than once a day. If you weigh yourself first thing, then have your shake and a few glasses of water and weigh yourself again, it is most likely your weight will have gone up, but thats just the weight of water + shake.

im aimee and im addicted to weighing myself i love it i just have to do it if i dont i will prob start s,moking again lol

Aimee maybe thats where i am going wrong....smoking way too much. You've done well to quit and lose weight.x

Hiya just thought I would add to this thread. I weigh everyday as soon as I have got up in the morning and been to the loo, usually in the nuddy, and before I have had any shakes or water. That way I get an accurate reading. I like to see how my weight fluctuates as it helps me to understand how my body works. It doesn't get me down. I only take my weekly WI as the actual figure though. xx

Hey all, it's interesting to know what works for other people. I didn't mean this thread to be a 'your bad you weigh yourself thing' lol. Whatever works for the individual is all good..i originally posted it as there was an influx (is that the right word) of threads starting about people wanting to give up after weighing themselves at home, and the same people responding to the threads with the same answers time and time again.
I have no idea what i have lost this week and truth be known it worries me as i just can't gauge it but i have to remember i have stuck to it 100% so it has to be a loss.
I just know i become obsessive about it but maybe that is a good thing if like Aimee says it stops her from smoking, lol.x

Hiya just thought I would add to this thread. I weigh everyday as soon as I have got up in the morning and been to the loo, usually in the nuddy, and before I have had any shakes or water. That way I get an accurate reading. I like to see how my weight fluctuates as it helps me to understand how my body works. It doesn't get me down. I only take my weekly WI as the actual figure though. xx

Gosh I could have written this myself!!!!

Back