Ditching the diet coke for Chocolate tetras..

RachaelJade

Hi guysss :) so I thought it would be a good idea to make a little diary of my journey on the CD to not only try and keep myself on the straight and narrow but to try and give others a little bit of motivational support if I can!

Just a little bit about myself I'm Rachael-Jade and I am (or used to be until now) a diet coke addict! 15 cans a day or more if I could manage!

So I'm trying this diet to try and change a few things.. Number 1 I need to quit the diet coke for no other reason other than it is just not healthy! Number 2- Being an ex dancer and having gained 3 stone when having to quit due to a knee injury I'm determined to get my little 9stone body back and get back to teaching!! And a little bit of self confidence would also work wonders!

So here we go.. Currently on day 4 and not had a single drop of diet coke since Monday! Yay! Found the first few days a struggle but I was expecting alot worse!! But today I'm feeling ontop of the world! Positive and really starting to embrace this new lifestyle!! Although I am feeling nervous for weigh in day on Monday I'm pleased it is on a Monday which means definitely no cheating this weekend which I think will be the hardest challenge yet!!

But I'm ready for it :) bring it!
Ps sorry for the rambling on :) x

Good luck on your journey hunni. We are all here to support you xxx

Good luck hun! x

GOOD LUCK you are doing great so far i so know the feeling of giving up coke... look forward to hear your WI results on monday, my WI is also on mondays and my 4th one coming up and i still get so nervous lol

I started on the 30/01/12.

My 1st week so far has gone well done it 100%.
Had a few hunger pangs on day 3 but nothing uncontrollably,

Got wi in on Monday too....

We can do this for sure

So glad to see not the only diet coke addict you drunk alot more than me a day so you made me feel positive I can stop when I start Monday x

Sooo day 5 and haven't been at all bothered by hunger or craving for diet coke until today!!! I'm thinking it's maybe because it is habit that I would usually just sit and pick all day on rubbish food when I'm in on a weekend and bored!!

So I decided to keep myself busy by logging in and seeing how well everyone is doing to keep me focused!

I have work tonight which was normally always an opportunity to pick at food but I'm well prepared with my shake and bottle of water so hopefully if I try to wait as long as I can to have my last shake I should manage! Fingers crossed this headache disappears soon!! Stupid caffeine withdrawal symptoms!

Happy Saturday xx

Day 6.. And starting to struggle!! Really should stay strong but iv just been to the shops and bought a can of diet coke and am just sat staring at it!

What am I doinnnnngg?! If I have it I am only cheating myself!! After Iv been soo good and 100% all week it would be stupid to ruin it but I'm finding today really hard!!! It's weigh in tomorrow and I will be gutted of I don't lose anything! Not even sure what to expect but if it's low and iv cheated I know I will be gutted and give up!!

Time to open it and pour it down the sink I think.. 1l of water please!!!! X

Like you I was a diet coke addict (2-3 litres a day). I'm on day 11 and am surprised that I don't really miss it. Have decided that whatever happens to the diet I will not start drinking dc again. I'm sure it makes me hungry. Good luck

Thanks everyone, I am so pleased that I did what I did! I know I would have hated myself today if I had caved!! Was beating myself up over the fact that it's only a week until I see my ex boyfriend at a charity event and I was just getting myself all worked up and did what I used to do, turn to diet coke!

But we are on day 7 todayy and it's my first weigh in later today!! Been 100% all week which i never imagined i would hear myself say! Going to get a few litres of water drank this morning! Not sure if it's recommended on weigh in day but I don't want to deprive myself!!

Will be back later with results! Happy Monday xx

Good luck for weigh in! If you are drinking lots of water you may find the loss is not as much as you hope, however, remember this is a war and not a battle - it's getting to the end goal that matters! If you are sticking to the diet then there is no way you can't be losing weight \ fat. Remember that for the weeks the scales don't show what you want!

That said, I found the more water I drank through the week, e more weight I lost!

Fingers crossed for you

Alan

Week 1 weigh in- 7.5lbs offff!!!!

It's working!! Makes it all so worth it and makes me want to try even harder to stay on track!! Just what I needed to see!! Into a new stone and just over half a stone to get into the next stone!!

X

Awesome work my love!

Well done for this week, the first one is always the hardest. Its spurs you on so much to keep going though doesn't it! My WI in 2.5 hours, eek,

lauren-1986 said:
Awesome work my love!

Well done for this week, the first one is always the hardest. Its spurs you on so much to keep going though doesn't it! My WI in 2.5 hours, eek,

You will be fab Hun!! You've done brill! I will keep my fingers crossed for you xx

Just cheated and I feel like absolute s**t!! Dont even know what I was thinkinggg! Jeeeees I'm an idiot!! Can of diet coke and a milkybar!! Not even worth probably gaining the 7lbs I lost this week!! What a waste!!
My ex boyfriend will see me at this charity even on Saturday and still think I'm a fat waste of space! Awesome!! Nice one rach!!
Rant over!! Must try and pull myself together and get my head back in the game x

Back