Step2 810kcal Dizziness

Cranberrie

Sorry to clog up the forum but I just need a bit of reassurance! I am on my 3rd day of 810 (couldn't do SS because of high BMI) and around midway through my first day I noticed that if I turned, I felt quite dizzy. This has become more frequent since then and I'm just a bit concerned as I have read up on it and have only seen posts about people on SS experiencing it and not 810.

I have also read that dehydration and carb withdrawal can cause this but I have been drinking 4L water a day since I started and I had a whole month of being healthy before I started this where I was trying to consume less carbs and the only ones I would have were porridge and quinoa/brown rice. I had a bowl of porridge for breakfast almost daily during this month and am wondering if my body is missing this but if so, would it not wait until a little longer to start missing the carbs? Halfway through my first day of CWP feels very soon. Also I have had chickpeas as part of my meal for the last 2 days and thought that these would contain higher than average carbohydrates so just feeling very confused right now!

My CDC said it would pass, but I just wanted some extra reassurance!

Last edited:
Every now and again I go dizzy. I just think it is the body adjusting to the change and don't worry about it, for me it is usually a sign to have a shake. I would imagine this could be just as common in 810.

That said if it continued I would have a rethink and perhaps mention it to a Dr.

Good luck, stick with it it will get better.

Thank you :) I don't mind feeling like this every once in a while and will be hugely reassured if it becomes less frequent so that I know it is CWP related! If it doesn't improve in a week, I will contact my GP.

Ketosis is notorious for lowering blood pressure. That'll be the reason, I bet. Almost certainly nothing to worry about but it's a good idea not to stand up too quickly or swing around too fast (as you've noticed!). It helps to stay hydrated - making sure you're sipping through the day rather than downing glassfuls in one go. It's just the sudden change your body's getting used to - it should pass soon.

Oh, and 810 is still relatively low carb even with chickpeas - there'd be around 40g carb in 225g canned chickpeas. Even with 3 shakes your total carb intake for the day would be less than 100g, which technically still qualifies as low carb - you might not be in ketosis all the time but you'd be more in it than out of it. :)

Thank you Lily, that helps so much. I really appreciate it :)

And just like that the dizziness as pretty much disappeared today! Thank you both so much! xx

Back