Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Dizzy spell

Discussion in 'Exante' started by cla1red, 7 February 2011 Social URL.

1. cla1red

cla1red Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st10.5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st6.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(8.16%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Just had a dizzy spell to the point where I had to sit myself down on the kitchen floor and only on day 4.This came about 30 mins after my morning shake,when I got up again it didnt seem to pass.
    So I decided to eat something,I tried for the quickest thing that I could think of that I hoped would not upset my progress so far.I had 3 slices of ham,and made a cup of bullion.Dont if the ham made a difference, but do feel better now.I wouldnt have though 3 slices of ham wouldnt have given me much energy or whatever to pick me up.Maybe i should have just rode it out a bit longer.
    Was ham a good choice to go with regaurds to keotsis, feel a bit disapointed seeing as Im only on day 4..

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. kitcatx

kitcatx Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st10lb
    Current Weight:
    16st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8lb(8.87%)
    aw I wouldn't feel too disappointed, these things happen. Im not sure if ham will effect keotsis but theres a thread somewhere with lists of foods on. Are you drinking enough water? its important to drink 2-4 ltrs a day. on the day I didnt drink enough I felt really faint. hope you feel better soon x

4. Divster

Divster Banned

I felt very dizzy around this day, it will pass, drink lots of water xx

5. cla1red

cla1red Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st10.5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st6.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(8.16%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Thanks ladies yes been drinking me water,been a struggle cause I rearly drink it.Have been having around 2.5 litres .
    Feel much better now so going to tackle some housework and hope it was just a blip..

6. *lil*

*lil* Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st7lb
    Current Weight:
    9st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st9lb(36.41%)
    You could always try some flavoured water if that would help. As long as it's malic acid :) Im going to stock up tonight I think!

7. cla1red

cla1red Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st10.5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st6.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(8.16%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Thanks ..I dont have a problem drinking water as such just drinking fluids full stop,be lucky if I have a litre a day (naughty I know).

8. *lil*

*lil* Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st7lb
    Current Weight:
    9st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st9lb(36.41%)
    Eek oh right!

9. Jeep

Jeep Otherwise known as Jools

Start Weight:
    22st5lb
    Current Weight:
    19st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(13.74%)
    Diet:
    Exante - currently
    Hopefully it was just a blip - as I write I am feeling a bit dizzy myself but have drunk loads this morning and am in the process of eating a bar. With regards to the ham and ketosis, you should be ok as its mostly protein which should not affect you. I think that if you are having these spells more frequently then it might worth a trip to the Gp just to get checked out.

10. SummerRain

SummerRain Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st12lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11lb(12.5%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Oh poor you :( the dizziness is the worse, I had episodes where I felt I was spinning even when sat down! It really will go away though, luckily for me, Day 5 and I just have a slight headache, no dizzy times.

It really will go away x

11. JoanneM

JoanneM Gold Member

Start Weight:
    21st9lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    3st3lb(14.85%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    I was months into it when I had my first real dizzy spell. I actually had to sit on the floor in work coz I couldnt stand up. Surprisingly enough a couple of paracetomol helped me although I only took them coz after feeling dizzy for about an hour I started to get a pounding headache as well.

12. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    That could be your problem, youre not drinking anywhere near enough for a VLCD its really important you have at the very least 2/2.5 a day

13. Chunky Madwife

Chunky Madwife Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10.5lb(10.65%)
    Diet:
    Exante TS
    Yep yep and yep, the water is all important. I had a dizzy turn at work, followed by a pounding head. I drank 2 pints of water immediately and felt a bit better, followed by a bar and another two pints over the next hour or so. I KNEW it was lack of water as I had only had a shake and a coffee, 150 mls of water and it was nearly 3pm.

I was tempted to check my BP, but I think it would have been so low my colleagues would have raced me to A and E (it's low at the best of times!)

The headache stayed for hours though....

Take it as a warning and guzzle the water like its going out of fashion.

Sometimes I like it hot, its easier going down. Especially first thing in the morning.

14. cla1red

cla1red Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st10.5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st6.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(8.16%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Sorry I ment pre VLCD I would only have around 1 litre of fluids a day.Im making sure I have it now Im drinking 2.5-3 litres of water and them ontop of that any other drinks I might have.Weeing for england but it is crystal clear lol.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.