Dizzy's Slimming world diary

dizzydawnie

Silver Member
Hello :wavey:

I'm a dreadful "dieter", lose and then regain, have tried everything in the world, my eyes are truly bigger than my belly (but not by much :eek: ) so this is it! I've rejoined SW which I haven't done for several years, and certainly haven't done it since EE was introduced, so a bit rusty but hopefully I'll soon gobet into the swing of things again.

I've got 5 stones to lose, but I'm just focussing on setting mini (and hopefully realistic) targets, the first one is to lose 18lbs by Xmas Eve.

Wednesday 3 Oct (Green)
I know it is only Tuesday - but my work pattern sometimes doesn't give me time to do my diary on the day...... :rolleyes:

Breakfast - 1 slice Wholemeal toast (HEB) with half tin baked beans

Lunch - Pasta with prawns (HEB) tomatoes, cucumber, pepper mixed with 1 tbsp Light Mayo (3 syns).

Tea - SW chips with half tin baked beans and 2 fried eggs

Snacks - banana, fruit, ML yog, mugshot, milk (HEA) for coffee, lots of NAS/water

Thursday 4th October

B - wholemeal bread (HEB) 1/2 tin baked beans

L - jacket potato with NUME cottage cheese with chives and onion

T - Uncle Bens express sweet chilli rice (2) with prawns (HEB) and salad vegetables,

S - milk for tea (HEA) 2 x Babybel (HEA), Mugshot, banana, Mullerlight and fruit, water / NAS

And because I am working til midnight then on silly shift tomorrow here is tomorrows food diary (bit repetitive but I will soon have better insight into experimenting!)

Friday 5th October

B- oatsosimple (B) with berries

L - Batchelors High-veg pasta n sauce mushroom and garlic, fruit and ML

T - SW chips, beans and eggs

S - milk (A), 2 x alpen light (B), water / NAS, mugshot

Question - I have no syns in Fridays menu - is that OK or do I absolutely have to use a minimum of 5 (not that I have on Wed and Thur where I have only used 2/3 each day??)

thank you in advance
x

Last edited:
Saturday 7 October

B - banana and ML yoghurt, followed by (at work, Saturday treat) bacon, mushrooms and tomatoes

L - John West Light Lunch French style (7), fruit salad

T - chicken salad with eggs, 1 tbsp Hellmans Light Mayo (3) 230g baked potato (B)

A - 2 x babybel (A), milk (A) 2 x Alpen Light (B)

Seems like your doing really well

thank you, I am trying to be really focussed but I have to say that today (Original) I am absolutely ravenous!!!

Going to plan ahead for an extra easy tomorrow to try to stop these hunger pangs!! :)

Decided against EE today as couldn't be bothered doing anything last night to take into work so have just thrown a salad together.

Jumped on scales this morning - absolutely zilcho lost (proper WI tomorrow)............can anyone please look at my diary and point out where I am going wrong - I know I am not drinking enough water, but other than that am stuck!

Thank you

Sunday 7 October

B - banana and ML, bacon, mushrooms and tomatoes

L - chicken salad, 1 tbsp Light mayo (3)

T - roast lamb dinner, roast potatoes (2 x HEB)

Anytime - Milk (HEA), babybel x 2 (HEA), water/NAS

Time to use up some of the ready meals in the freezer so I can start making space to cook for EE and freeze portions

Monday 8 October

B - wholemeal toast (B) with scrambled eggs

L - lamb salad, 1 tbsp EL mayo (1),

T - WW Beef lasagne (5.5) lots of vegetables

Anytime - milk (A) 2 x Babybel (A) fruit salad, banana, water/NAS, ML yog, 2 x Alpen Light (B)

Total syns for day = 5.5

Last edited:
Beginning of week 2, 3.25lb off in first week, so thats a good start!! :)

Tuesday 9/10

B - Wholemeal bread (B) with 1/2 tin baked beans

L - Batchelors Cheese and broccoli pasta 'n' sauce, topped with grated cheese (A) ML yoghurt

T - SW chips, eggs x 2 in fry light, 1/2 tin baked beans

Anytime - milk (A), water/NAS, banana, orange

Total syns - 0

Last edited:
Wednesday 10 October.......................just where is this year going to???

B - banana and ML yog

L - pasta with 1tbsp Sacla Wild Garlic pesto (3) and 40g reduced fat cheddar (A)

T - Tesco LC Lasagne (10) with lashings of veg! (Not sure about this lasagne - see different thread, but go for 10 instead of 5 to be sure!!)

A - milk (A), Alpen light x 2 (B), water/NAS, orange, slice wholemeal (B), 1 tsp Lurpak (2)

Total syns = 15

Weekly syns remaining = 90

Last edited:
Thursday 11 October

B - banana and ML, wholemeal toast (B) and fried eggs

L - Batchelors country vegetable Pasta and sauce packet with prawns (B)

T - jacket potato, Morrisons Fresh Ideas Chinese Chicken Noodles (9.5), veg

A - milk (A), 2 x babybel (A), water/NAS. 7 sprays of oil for eggs (0.5)

Total syns - 10

Weekly syns left - 80

Last edited:
Friday 12th October

My first EE day - writing this diary early because I am up and out at 'em before 6am and likely to be late in and don't want to forget!!

B - banana and ML yog

L - pasta with chicken, peppers and tomatoes, 1 tbsp EL mayo (1), fruit salad

T - beef casserole made with colmans mix (3.5) with jacket potato and lashings of veg! Orange.

Anytime - milk for tea (A), 2 x alpen light (B), water / NAS / diet coke, 1 x glass red wine (8)

Total syns - 12.5

Syns left for week - 67.5

Last edited:
Saturday 13 October
B - banana and ML yog, alpen light x 2 (B)

L - omelette with ham, peppers, mushrooms and tomatoes and 45g grated reduced fat cheese (A)

T - left over beef stew, packed with carrots, boiled rice (B), broccoli and cauliflower (3.5 for Colmans 1/2 packet)

Anytime - fruit salad, milk for tea /coffee (A), latte....going to go for 2.5 as it is from the little snack hut following our walk later and is only a small cup, but I honestly don't know how to point it! small glass of red wine x 2 watching XF (15)

Total syns = 21

Total for week = 58.5/105

Last edited:
After changing yesterdays EE to a Red day, I will try again today for an EE, but we are out all day, skipping lunch and having a meal out late afternoon before we head back so I will edit later and update accurately!

Sunday

B - ML and banana, Toast (B) with 2 poached eggs

L and T - eating out at wherever takes our fancy today, I usually have a roast if we eat out on Sunday, so will plot to do this. No wine as I will be driving, but wine later when we get home and relax!

Anytime - Milk (A) Bottle wine tonight (30) 6 for oil for Roasties, 3 for Yorkshire pudding (assuming I have one)

Total syns - 39

Weekly syns - 97.5/105...........gonna aim for a 0 syn day tomorrow before weigh in Tuesday morning!

Monday

B - wholemeal toast (B) with half tin baked beans and 1 poached egg

L - not decided yet!

T - SW chips, half tin beans, 2 x fried eggs

A - milk (A), babybel x 2 (A), banana and ML, alpen light x 2 (B)

Tuesday, beginning of week 3

This week I aim to have no more then 7 syns per day over the week!

B - toast (B) with 2 poached eggs

L - turkey stir fry with sweet chilli and garlic Blue Dragon sauce (1/4 of pack) (2)

T - chicken salad with egg and 1tbsp EL Mayo (1)

Anytime - milk (A) 2 x babybel (A) water / NAS, fruit salad, banana and ML

Total syns - 3

Weekly syns used - 3/49

Last edited:
Hiya. Just been having a nosey through, can I ask why you are just having 7 syns a day? The plan is designed to have 5 - 15 which I am normally top end of that lol! A little bit of what ya fancy can do you good ya know ;)

Hi Lorna

because last week I had the upper end of syns and was disappointed with my loss. the previous week I had not had many syns and had a good week, I chose 7 because I am aware in week 1 I didn't actually eat enough syns, and I've read so many threads on here that I have decided to try to find the middle ground that suits me best (which is what a lot of posters have done so that they know what suits them best and gives a consistent weight loss).

Its all trial and error and I'm enjoying playing around with it! :)

x

Good luck with it mate. Hope it works. I could never cut it down to 7 lol. I use that just on sauces in a day :)

Wednesday

B - Oatsosimple (B) wih frozen berries

L - pasta with wild garlic pesto (3), 45g lighter grated cheddar (A)

T - SW chips, 1/2 tin baked beans and 2 fried eggs

A - milk (A), fruit salad, 2 x alpen lights (B), ML, 1 x Hero chocolate (for not crying when I had my flu jab :D ) 2??

Total syns - 2

Weekly syns - 8/49

Last edited:
Thursday

Going for an EE day today

B - wm toast (B) with poached egg, baked beans and mushrooms

L - stir fry with turkey and rice, Blue Dragon chilli and garlic sauce (2)

T - chicken with rice, mushrooms and tomatoes

A - banana, ML, orange, milk (A) water / NAS, 1 tsp Lurpak (2) chocolate x 1 (2)

Syns = 6

Syns for week = 16/49

Last edited:
Back