Do any mind if ...

Dan8317

Hey all,

After seeing my doctor today I've been told that I have a problem with my digestive system where I can't tolerate certain foods, mainly being high fat, processed etc. When I do eat these I'm in agony for hours/days :(

I have been advised to go on a low fat diet and have to cut certain things out and even though I could do this with the discover plan I have decided to have a go with rosemary conley because of the emphasis on low fat.

Just wondered if anyone would object to me hanging around here and continuing with the challenge etc even though I'm doing a different diet?

Good luck,
Dan x

Hi Dan,

I'm glad they've worked out what may be causing you problems. At least you know what to avoid now! I don't mind you hanging around at all, and I'm sure no-one else will either whatever plan you are on (you're one of us :)). Don't forget though that ww old style is also based on the fat contents of food. Less fat, more food :) I don't really know anything about RC to make a judgement though, so good luck whatever you choose to do! x

Cheers Hules :)

In all honesty I will more than likely switch back after a month or two which is why I want to stick around here. Its just my mindset at the moment is to consumed by points and with rc I just have a set amount of calories for breakfast/lunch/dinner/snacks. The way its set out is really helping me think less about food because once I've had a meal I don't have to think will I have enough points for the next. Its less flexible then ww but think I need the structure to get my mindset right. Once that's sorted I can switch back for more flexibilty with meals out etc. Hope that makes some sort of sense and didn't completely confuse you lol.

Did you manage to get back on track after?

Good luck,
Dan x

I seem to be okay at the mo, I've jut had some soup for lunch and am about to go off to work til 7 so shouldn't have much time to eat anything that will put me over. Fingers crossed!

Sounds like you've a plan :) Hope it goes well, have you started today?

Do you make your own soups? I only ever make butternut squash and red pepper so it tends to get a bit boring.

Hopefully work will take your mind off it and I find the busier I am the less likely to eat as you don't have time to think about it.

I'm starting today and so far so good lol. Will still take my weight from sat weigh in though as was the same at the docs. I'm keeping a food diary so I'm thinking about converting to points to see what amounts I'm averaging for each meal. That way then instead of counting cals and having to include veg etc I could put a point allowance on each meal. Any spare then I could carry over. Works the same way as rc in changing my mindset but means I could stick with discover :D

So simple, why didn't I think of it before lol.

Good luck,
Dan x

Ha, the weird thing is I was thinking the same thing. Using the guidelines of rc but then converting it to points.

I do make soups, I made butternut on Sat and a carrot and Apple a week ago. I like the soups from the 123 success cookbook. The parsnip and orange is yum.

Did the rest of the day go okay?

Well really pleased with myself as 2nd day on plan :D 6 points under yesterday and 5 under today. Have split points into meals breakfast 4, lunch 5, dinner 7, milk 2. I'm on 24 points a day but faststart is 22 so going on faststart for first few weeks. Doing it this way I still have points to play with by not allocating them all to meals. Seems to be working well as I've been using the low fat rule from rc of less than 5% so getting lots of food for my points :)

Dan x

Well really pleased with myself as 2nd day on plan :D 6 points under yesterday and 5 under today. Have split points into meals breakfast 4, lunch 5, dinner 7, milk 2. I'm on 24 points a day but faststart is 22 so going on faststart for first few weeks. Doing it this way I still have points to play with by not allocating them all to meals. Seems to be working well as I've been using the low fat rule from rc of less than 5% so getting lots of food for my points :)

Dan x

That's brill Dan x

What's the less than 5% rule?

The food you eat shouldn't contain more than 5% fat per 100g so as long as less than that on nutrition info then I can have it. Don't follow for every single thing but the majority and I'm no longer in pain so the doc obviously got it right :)

Last few days have had a complete turn around and feel really in the diet 'zone'. Let's hope it lasts!

Dan x

Back