Do I buy a pair of scales?

30thisyear

Thats the decision I have to make!!

I can get weighed on my Wii but its not the same as scales as it only weighs in whole lbs.

When I lived at home with my mum I used to obsess about getting on the scales and that was one of my downfalls - the scales would dictate my mood and i would get weighed approx 3 / 4 times per day lol

So now i live on my own and i have started back on the weight loss journey i cant make up my mind if i should get some or not as i dont want it to become an obsession again.

Does anyone else obsess about the scales or are you able to hide them away and only get weighed once a week?

I never had any years ago when trying to lose weight, but this time round I got some and for the first 8 odd months I was fine at just getting on them once a week, but last few months I have been getting on nearly everyday, it started driving me mad but couldn't stop, been better this week mind. If you can just do once a week it's great, but it's eaasy to just think oh sod it I'll just have a sneaky little look.

I have decided not to get any as we had some and I obssed and used to get really upset when didnt seem to loose any and would comfort eat, I just get wieghed on machine when out and only once a fortnoght, If I had them at home I couldnt cope with it.. But if you feel you are strong enough not to get obsessed than get some.. you can always do what I did and throw them if get obsessive. I actully keep measurments instead.. measure my waist hips and bust and can see I loosing that way..But every one is diferent, I am a little dispondent at moment cause wieghed at machine and hadnt lost in two weeks.. imagine what would be like if had them at home?
Hope you decide what is best for you :)

After thinking about it all day and your lovely comments I think I am going to leave it. I think i would be strong at first but then fall back into the weighing habit.

Really if i am eating healthy and exercising the weight should come off without me having to check it every 2 mins haha!

Take some measurements and take them once a month, but same could happen and take them everyday and that would become even worse lol.

I would also say I don't think I could cope with not weighing in at all but it does drive you mad when we obsess over the numbers.

Whatever you do I hope you have great sucess :)

Back