Do I need to eat hex a&b?

shonz16

So I've finished my second full day on sw and looking at my food diary... I have eaten no healthy extras at any point. I'm not a big eater of any of the choices. Occasionally I'll have something on the list but certainly not every day. Do I have to eat something from the list each day? Is this a crucial part of the diet?
Also, I don't think things have been explained to me all that well by my consultant.... like above but with the 2 thirds and 1 third superfree and free that i should have with every meal...is this an absolute must? I'm not having anything else in its place or anything like that.
Yesterday's diary was:
Breakfast - activia 0% fat yogurt and a mandarin. Lunch - bowl of plain sharwoods noodles and some watermelon. Dinner - I wasn't very hungry so I had 2 boiled eggs.
Today:
Breakfast - fry with bacon (fat cut off), mushrooms, beans, egg and sw potato bread made with Smash and an egg. Lunch - watermelon. Dinner - Mexican bean burger and couscous, followed by activia yoghurt and a mandarin.
Tomorrow I was planning on making a chunky vegetable soup for dinner.
I really want to succeed so I need some pointers please!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I had the same problem, not with HeB's coz I usually use this for bread, so at the start of every week I now weigh out 5 HeA's of cheese & put into a box that I dip in & out to all week for adding to meals & snacks. I also use 2 HeA's on skimmed milk throughout the week for a splash in tea.

I think as it's incorporated into the plan you should use them, covers your need for calcuim, balanced diet etc.

I also suscribe to a thread here, to nose & see what everyone else is having...........

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-wo...what-you-using-your-healthy-extras-today.html

Have a skim through it, you're bound to find some things you like.

Goodluck!!;)

Hi

The plan consists if super free food, free food, HEX and syns (at lest 5 per day). You should really be incorporating all of these aspects of the plan into your diet.

The majority of your diet should be made up of super free and free foods. The HEX are there to ensure you are having enough fibre and calcium which are both vital to a healthy diet. The syns are there to ensure you don't fee deprived.

From what you have posted above I don't think your eating enough. If you are really not hungrey then I'm going going to tell you to eat for the sake of it but I would recommend that you try and get you HEX's in. Try to think of this as a healthy eating plan rather than a diet. I know it can be a little bit scary being able to eat all this food but if you trust in every aspect of the plan you will loose weight. Is this the type of thing you would eat before you started SW because you do seem to be restricting yourself - obviously I don't know you so please don't think I am being rude.

Many people think that not having syns is a good thing but it can actually work against you as restricting your calories in this way can actually hinder your weight loss and cause your body to go into starvation mode. I woud recommend you go through your book and have a pen and paper handy and then you can write any questions down and either ask your cons or pop on here.

I had the same problem, not with HeB's coz I usually use this for bread, so at the start of every week I now weigh out 5 HeA's of cheese & put into a box that I dip in & out to all week for adding to meals & snacks. I also use 2 HeA's on skimmed milk throughout the week for a splash in tea.

I think as it's incorporated into the plan you should use them, covers your need for calcuim, balanced diet etc.

I also suscribe to a thread here, to nose & see what everyone else is having...........

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-wo...what-you-using-your-healthy-extras-today.html

Have a skim through it, you're bound to find some things you like.

Goodluck!!;)

Thank you. I'll take a look at the link. I can definitely do the cheese thing you do. Very helpful thanks.
I don't drink tea or coffee but if I did it sure would be a lot easier to get some milk into me! I also don't eat a lot of bread. Cheese I can do though lol. Thanks :)

Hi

The plan consists if super free food, free food, HEX and syns (at lest 5 per day). You should really be incorporating all of these aspects of the plan into your diet.

The majority of your diet should be made up of super free and free foods. The HEX are there to ensure you are having enough fibre and calcium which are both vital to a healthy diet. The syns are there to ensure you don't fee deprived.

From what you have posted above I don't think your eating enough. If you are really not hungrey then I'm going going to tell you to eat for the sake of it but I would recommend that you try and get you HEX's in. Try to think of this as a healthy eating plan rather than a diet. I know it can be a little bit scary being able to eat all this food but if you trust in every aspect of the plan you will loose weight. Is this the type of thing you would eat before you started SW because you do seem to be restricting yourself - obviously I don't know you so please don't think I am being rude.

Many people think that not having syns is a good thing but it can actually work against you as restricting your calories in this way can actually hinder your weight loss and cause your body to go into starvation mode. I woud recommend you go through your book and have a pen and paper handy and then you can write any questions down and either ask your cons or pop on here.

I'm trying to add more calcium but it's not an easy process as it's not something I would normally have eaten much off.
I don't think you're being rude :) This is more than I would have eaten on these 2 particular days had I not been doing sw. I would have missed breakfast completely. My problem isn't snacking. I very rarely eat between meals. I'd be more of the type of person that would not need to eat all day then in the evening I'd walk round to the chippy for a fish supper for my dinner. On these 2 days I was home all day so normally I would missed breakfast, had some fruit or a bowl of egg noodles for lunch and then I would have had the same sort of dinner I did but perhaps I would have done a basket of homemade chips in my deep fat fryer to go with my bean burger. That sort of thing.
This morning I had a small bowl of bran flakes with semi-skimmed milk. I intentionally had this to make up my healthy extras. At the moment I have a baked potato in the oven which I plan to have with beans and a salad. I'm reading through lots of tips and hints on here, so thank you :)

I only joined Wednesday but I asked the same question as I don't eat dairy and she said I needed to eat something from the list as its the sours=ce of calcium. older members may no diferent tho

I only joined Wednesday but I asked the same question as I don't eat dairy and she said I needed to eat something from the list as its the sours=ce of calcium. older members may no diferent tho

You can get calcium from other sources though - plenty of superfree veg have plenty of calcium.

Back