Do I need to eat it all?

Today I have had:
Breakfast: Shape 0% yoghurt and banana
Lunch: pasta with chicken, bacon, mushrooms, peppers, chopped toms
Dinner: Same as lunch (working 8-8 so just easier)
Snacks: satsuma
Syns: 0.5 milk in tea.

When I got home I realised I had no HE's and very little syns. I also remember being told to make sure I use these so found myself eating a cheese and pickle sandwich (made with a warburton thin) at 9pm not because I wanted it but because I felt I should.
Is this right or should I just not worry and dont bother with it as long as I am not hungry or feeling deprived?

Today I have had:
Breakfast: Shape 0% yoghurt and banana
Lunch: pasta with chicken, bacon, mushrooms, peppers, chopped toms
Dinner: Same as lunch (working 8-8 so just easier)
Snacks: satsuma
Syns: 0.5 milk in tea.

When I got home I realised I had no HE's and very little syns. I also remember being told to make sure I use these so found myself eating a cheese and pickle sandwich (made with a warburton thin) at 9pm not because I wanted it but because I felt I should.
Is this right or should I just not worry and dont bother with it as long as I am not hungry or feeling deprived?

Hi there, I'd say if your satisfied don't eat for the sake of it, however, if your not eating many syns regularly you may find it difficult to lose later on since you will have nothing to reduce. Try eating HEX's in meals, it's difficult when you work long shifts but that's my little bit of advice learning from experience as I used to restrict my syns then found it harder later on. & started feeling deprived now & again from not eating my syns.

I do find it hard to eat my Hex's I end up not syning my milk in tea and coffee and counting that as my a (I would never use 300ml of milk) and have to have either porridge for breakfast or a sandwich/ beans on toast for lunch or I don't get them in.

As for syns, you really need to have them. It may be easy for a week or two not to have them, feeling like you are more on a 'diet' but it isn't sustainable and will stop you losing weight!

Sounds like you're new to SW. This was just one day - the Healthy extras are there to give us (a) calcium and (b) fibre, and provide a heathy diet, they also aid our weight loss.
I wouldn't eat just to use up syns and H/E's, especially if you're not hungry. Try and incorporate them into your daily plan if you can - go on... have a treat or two....

If ur not big on bread and cereal 2 alpen lights is a hexb so u could keep these at work for snacks.
U could do the same for ur hexa have a look in the grab and go section

Back