Do one positive thing today

Janey

Intuitive Eater
This is something I am really embracing now. Don't wait until you are slim or have the body shape you desire. You deserve nice things now!

Wear some lovely perfume, buy a new lipstick, have your hair done, maybe book a massage, buy a glossy magazine you would never normally buy, paint your toenails ...... the possibilities are endless.

Embrace who are you today. Looking good will make you feel good. :D

I once heard in yoga:

You aren't alive in the past nor are you alive in the future, you are only alive in the here and now.

Do something positive for yourself TODAY! :)

I've got two positive things for today - I have been putting off going back to dancing classes because I have been waiting until I lose weight. But dancing will help me lose weight!! So I have just phoned up a dancing school and I am going to join next week! Also, I am going to the hairdressers this afternoon for a bit of pampering.

Don't put off til tomorrow what you can do today!! :D

What an excellent thread. Live is for living - do it now. I went out yesterday and bought myself some new clothes including a really gorgeous dress! strange timing you may think as I am just losing weight, but no, I want to look amd feel as nice as I can now - not in 6 months time. It really gave me a lift. I hung the dress on my wardrobe door and this morning i looked at it and found myself smiling.
Today i redid my ticker to show how far I have come since my all time worst weight in January 2002. i have lost weight, I am improving myself and I deserve to acknowledge it!

Love

Wow Barb that is exactly it!!! I'm so pleased you bought something to wear that fits you now. That is very important and mentally a very positive thing to do! Why wait until you are slimmer to feel good. You will feel a million dollars in your new clothes. :):):):)

Thanks for this Janey. I think I'll go out soon and book a hair appointment for Sat - cut and colour. That'll perk me up!

Bet you look gorgeous now !

Nice thread! Positive thinking and visualisation can be powerful tools.

Today I am smiling, because I have stuck to eating regular food, doggedly refused to let negativity overwhelm me, and reminded myself that I have maintained a loss of 9 stones for years, now. The 3lb loss I have achieved over the past six days is very encouraging.

The last two stones WILL go, in time. I just need to keep reminding myself of the progress I have made to date. For all of us, steady progress is what matters.

Hi Janey

I'm trying to get into this mindset too!

It's starting to fall into place with my new dieting approach, ie not dieting!

Today I took myself out for a 15 minute walk along the prom and just absorbed all the sea air and the atmosphere.

Hope that the dancing has gone well. I want to start a dance class as well. Started Pilates this week, which I really enjoyed. Tried to call a lady about belly dancing but the number was disconnected, so will scour the local paper for alternative classes. I love to dance but tend to do just do "freeform" disco dancing in my lounge. I read your dancing thread and it made me smile!

Much love, xxx

Nice thread! Positive thinking and visualisation can be powerful tools.

Today I am smiling, because I have stuck to eating regular food, doggedly refused to let negativity overwhelm me, and reminded myself that I have maintained a loss of 9 stones for years, now. The 3lb loss I have achieved over the past six days is very encouraging.

The last two stones WILL go, in time. I just need to keep reminding myself of the progress I have made to date. For all of us, steady progress is what matters.

WOW girlygirl, your achievements are tremendous! You must be so chuffed with yourself. Well done!! :D

Hi Janey

I'm trying to get into this mindset too!

It's starting to fall into place with my new dieting approach, ie not dieting!

Today I took myself out for a 15 minute walk along the prom and just absorbed all the sea air and the atmosphere.

Hope that the dancing has gone well. I want to start a dance class as well. Started Pilates this week, which I really enjoyed. Tried to call a lady about belly dancing but the number was disconnected, so will scour the local paper for alternative classes. I love to dance but tend to do just do "freeform" disco dancing in my lounge. I read your dancing thread and it made me smile!

Much love, xxx

Yes, it's all the other lovely things that go with weight loss. Even going for a walk and noticing your surroundings is brilliant. Some people just walk from A to B and don't see the birds in the trees, what shrubs they pass or just soak up the atmosphere and breathe in the sea air. I think you truly become alive when you are aware of yourself and your surroundings. I'm loving your positivity already Sarah!!

p.s. the dancing class was FAB! :D

I know I don't take enough time to just stop,or slow down and look around me sometimes. I know it's an old saying but to literally "stop and smell the roses!".

Do any of us look up sometimes or just keep heads down and full speed through the day.Rush, rush,rush. I'm just realising how true this is for me as I'm typing this :doh:. I hardly look up at the sky, clouds, sun, etc etc. Lordy, I sound rather deep and meaningful this morning, don't I?....lol

Well my mood is set to "pensive" so I shall continue on with my little thoughts today and see where it gets me :D:rolleyes:

What a brilliant thread

I totally agree that we should all treat ourselves and be kind to ourselves at all times, my lovely Mum taught me that and after she died I started to see things differently.

I joined an art class and found my colours (thanks Mum)

I now take great pleasure in the simplist of things like

Autumn leaves with all the wonderful colours
Rainbows ~ sent to let you know better things are on the way
Laughter lines on an old ladies face ~ they are her memories and smiles from her family and friends not wrinkles
Innocent chuckles from a baby
Healing Hug ~ no words just a touch or a hug

I agree with this thread take the time to spoil yourself and your family and friends. Look up at the sky and sun and dont forget to laugh

Life is a blessing and our problems with weight are very very tiny in the big scheme of things

Luv Luv

Back