Do red and green days work on calorie reduction the same as ee?

frankied

Silver Member
I know EE works because your naturally having a low calorie intake but was thinking of trying some red and green days but it really true you eat completely unlimited carbs or protein depending on day or do you have be careful like with EE to some extent because if you really eat unlimited free food you'll be having too many calories to loose weight.

i think they are all lower calarie to be honest. I can only talk anout Green days because thats all Ive done but my calories always are lower than daily recommendations.I use HEB for breakfast and lunch and free foods for dinner. And although they are free, they are low cal.
I find Green only fits in with me, not so much my family. I tend to have to cook 2 meals. So thats why EE has the edge. And even on Green, you still eat alot of superfree naturally because you know its good for you and will fill you up. I could easily eat 200g of pasta, but once i chuck in the veg or salad, you physically cant do it!
Love Green, but it does have a tendency to be monotonous....!

Slimming world doesn't base it's food optimising plan on calories! It's all about satiation-which is how certain food fill you for longer. Try not to get hung up on calories in things-and trust the plan, as it definitely works :) good luck

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I don't measure any carbs on green days and will often have massive portions. I did slimming world before like this and lost 5 stone in a year eating masses of carbs.

I always did red and green days when i started slimming world last year and i lost 3 stone so they def work.I never even looked at calories tbh just followed the plan with out worrying about that side of things. Cant say that i ever had a meal that was 100% carb or protein i always had some superfree with it to bulk it out a bit but don't think you have to be as strict on the superfree on red and green as ee. I'm give ee a go now n judging by other peoples weight losses i know that will work just as well. Just feels daunting as its something new to me. i did used to find red days hard as i like my pasta n potatoes which is why i'm finding ee so good atm. hope all goes well if your having a swap with your days x

frankied said:
I know EE works because your naturally having a low calorie intake but was thinking of trying some red and green days but it really true you eat completely unlimited carbs or protein depending on day or do you have be careful like with EE to some extent because if you really eat unlimited free food you'll be having too many calories to loose weight.

Red and green work in the same way as ee. Its not about eating 'unlimited' amounts of food, its about eating as much as you need to feel full. Tbh i think red and green do even more than ee to reduce the amount you eat cos you can only have carbs or meat not both and youre eating exactly the same foods as on ee anyway! The red and green plans do work as theyve been the basis of sw for years and plenty of people have lost weight on them in that time.

Back