Do the bars take you out of Ketosis?

xSinead

Silver Member
I made an order with my CDC last night and ordered 4 peanut crunchy bars for next week.. but then i've just realised.. they must be carbs? Do they take you out of ketosis?

They wouldn't give us them if they took you out of ketosis!

I think they have a few carbs in and slightly higher calorie content but should be fine, but that is why we are limited to one a day.

I really didn't want to eat any carbs, but oh well.. if they're on the plan they can't be that bad i suppose. Thank you x x

xSinead said:
I really didn't want to eat any carbs, but oh well.. if they're on the plan they can't be that bad i suppose. Thank you x x

There is always gonn b carbs. Its just limited enuf to keep u in keto. Even the shakes have a tiny amount. X

I'm mid-way through my second week and had to visit my consultant tonight to swap some soups for bars - I couldn't stomach the soups in particular anymore after a bout of sickness on Tuesday!

Was going to wait until the recommended Week 3 but feel the need for something a little more 'solid'.

I've got 2 of the Cranberry Crunch, 1 of the Peanut Crunch, 1 Chocolate Chew and 1 Toffee Chew and I am soooo excited! Going to have one for lunch tomorrow, seeing as its Friday! I'm going to cut it up into little squares and take my time! SOooo excited :gimi:

Hi, I just had a choc mint bar, cut it up small after putting it in the freezer for a bit, was very yummy! Got 3 more for over the weekend!

mrsf

My cdc said its fine to have the bars, I asked her last night, that's why ivwe ordered 4 for next week.I'll see how I go with them!

The bars won't take you out of ketosis :) they are yummy you will love them (well I do anyway haha) i put them in the fridge so they are a bit harder and have them with a cup of tea yum yum let us know how you get on with them :)

Originally ordered 4 for next week but now just ordered 2! I want to avoid carbs as much as poss! eeeeek my weigh in in an hour!! :eek:

Good luck, I've got mine at 1pm.

The Crunchy bars have 15.1 gs of crabs
The Chewy Bars have 23gs of carbs

Shakes & Soups have 14.1- 14.2g of carbs

So Crunchy ones aren't too bad but I'd avoid the chewy ones for ATLEAST the first 2 weeks, my CDC didn't let me have any for ages.

You cant AVOID carbs on this diet, all the products have carbs in them they are just LOW in carbs

Back