Do you blow it on WI day?

Lmg_

Hi all! I've noticed a few people mentioning that they eat whatever they like on weigh in day (after weigh in of course). Going as far as macdonalds, cakes etc. just interested to see how many people actually do this? And if you do, do you have minimal syns for the rest of the week?? I'm not sure I'd have the guts to totally eat what I wanted lol. I'd be too scared of the consequences!

I do I'm not as bad as I used to be, but then that's only cuz hubby now has a lads night at ours on Monday so when I get back I don't want all his mates to see me binge. So I just share their popcorn and maybe a bag if crisps or bit if choccy.
I used to eat everything I could find after wi toast with butter and jam or crumpets ect then prob 3 bags if crisps couple of penguins and about half a pack of biscuits. If we had other goodies I would eat them too. I have like I say gradually cut this down though as it can't possibly be doing me any favours.
I never intentionally cut down on syns to make up for it but at the start of my journey I was eating very few syns anyway (different reasons) I have now upped my syns and do not cut down regardless of what I eat after wi but I don't completely blow it now

I sometimes have a little treat like chinese, indian, chocolate ect ect but always count the syns for it.
I feel really guilty if I don't. I now usually just buy something unrelated to food as an award for my losses, feels more like a treat because all the food i mentioned above is allowed on the plan, so something different feels much more like a treat :)

I plan either a treat - donuts or cake, or have chippy for lunch Friday or Saturday. This is all planned and comes off my syns for week!

I have always done this and wondered if anyone else does! It ultimately didn't do me any favours though! In the beginning I would get myself one (fairly big) treat, but as the months passed I found myself just cramming as much 'naughty food' as I could in the night (and even the day!) after weigh in, naïvely thinking it wouldn't count!

I don't intentionally go all out and eat what I want after WI. However, if I do want to have a day when I relax a bit and maybe have a few more syns, WI day is usually it. Sometimes this is sharing a pizza with my OH (although last time I was super good and ordered a wrap from Dominoes rather than pizza so I couldn't over eat it), sometimes it's just treating myself to a pre-packed or deli sandwich at lunch time (I almost never have sandwiches for lunch any more) and sometimes it'll be chocolate or a bag of crisps in the evening. However, I know that I'm more likely to struggle on weekends so I try to be good on WI day so that it's not quite so bad if I have a bad weekend.

I have for the first time this evening - the thought of enjoying 'naughty' food was better than actually eating it?! Weird!

I take whatever syns I have left over (even if I had 10 a day all week that still leaves me 30 plus weigh in day's 15) and have something within those syns. Usually an Indian take away- chicken rogan josh, boiled rice & a chappati for 22syns.

I dont for three reasons. First there is no black hole for calories on weigh in night, they don't just disappear and I've never understood celebrating a loss by immediately going out and making it harder to lose the following week. Second, I wanted to stop looking on food as a treat, thats what got me into trouble in the first place. Now if I want something I have it but count the syns. Lastly, I can't really eat junk food any more anyway. Its so long since I ate anything even remotely bad for you that my body just can't handle it, terrible cramps and well I'll leave the rest up to your imagination lol.

I usually have a treat worth 4-8 syns but use my allowance from that day to have it. Or maybe have an extra healthy extra and forgo one the next day. Obviously not strictly a good idea but better than getting a two for Tuesdays from dominos to celebrate!lol :) I definitely think its all down to individual choice though, some people would rater have a big treat and sweat for it in the gym all week. Up to you :)

I actually agree temo_gemo theres been times ive had a little treat and after I was like 'hm that was crap' but the excitement was better than the treat itself lol

I weigh in on an evening and have chocolate as my treat... At the moment I don't count the syns which I know is bad but it works for me.

It's a psychological thing for me. Even after doing SW for over a year I still fight the urge to binge on chocolate on an almost daily basis. I've tried having low syn chocolate like curly wurlys but Eating one makes me want more and more so I only eat chocolate on a Monday. I've found on weeks when I haven't had my Monday post weigh in chocolate I spend all week thinking about it then blow it astronomically. My Mondays are damage control.

My ultimate aim is to stop what is quite frankly ridiculous behaviour but being fat for such a long time and the accompanying psychological issues with it take a long time to break... As I'm sure many on here will agree with.

Oh and I totally agree, on Tuesday mornings I wake up feeling like utter crap compared with the rest of the week when I feel fresh and full of energy.

I have a treat every day of the week, so for me WI day is no different. Using food as a reward is what probably got most of us fat in the first place so it seems silly to continue that habit.

Theres been a few threads on this and it can get quite 'interesting' the differences of opinion. Have tried to search for the more recent ones but can't find them grrrr!

Its something I 've never particularly done myself and I have started weighing in on a Monday morning at home I think its a good job I don't as think I could get through one hell of a lot of syns after weigh in! Personally I am trying to develop as 'normal' a relationship with food as possible and eating things just because I have stepped off scales isn't the norm I feel but I do allow myself my treats within syns through the week and off plan days/events as they come up.
If arranging meals or eves out I would tend to do it earlier in the week weigh in wise when I was attending group but now am weighing at home I can take that into account for myself and not have to explain to anyone anyway so that suits me.

Some people can 'get away' with it but that could depend on so much, what their interpretation of a blow out is, how much else they have consumed that day/that week (some don't eat till after wi so may not consume many more syns/cals than on other days overall)

There are theories though not sw that zigzagging your bodies intake can work for weightloss so it might work in some peoples favours!?

I think we are all different and need to do different things to 'cope' and keep going with dieting and if it works then fine x

I always have a treat after weigh in, it's usually my fish and chip night! I have a battered fish, share a bag of chips, mushy peas and a slice of white bread with marg :D
I really look forward to it all week, the way I look at it is I would normally eat something like this 3 or more times a week before starting slimming world, so if it keeps my head in it and my losses aren't suffering then it works for me.

Theres been a few threads on this and it can get quite 'interesting' the differences of opinion. Have tried to search for the more recent ones but can't find them grrrr!

Its something I 've never particularly done myself and I have started weighing in on a Monday morning at home I think its a good job I don't as think I could get through one hell of a lot of syns after weigh in! Personally I am trying to develop as 'normal' a relationship with food as possible and eating things just because I have stepped off scales isn't the norm I feel but I do allow myself my treats within syns through the week and off plan days/events as they come up.
If arranging meals or eves out I would tend to do it earlier in the week weigh in wise when I was attending group but now am weighing at home I can take that into account for myself and not have to explain to anyone anyway so that suits me.

Some people can 'get away' with it but that could depend on so much, what their interpretation of a blow out is, how much else they have consumed that day/that week (some don't eat till after wi so may not consume many more syns/cals than on other days overall)

There are theories though not sw that zigzagging your bodies intake can work for weightloss so it might work in some peoples favours!?

I think we are all different and need to do different things to 'cope' and keep going with dieting and if it works then fine x

I love this post! I see too often on here people criticising others for the choices they make on their slimming journey but as you say every person is different and we all have our own ways of interpreting the plan to fit us. And if it works, who is anyone else to say we are doing it wrong!

Hello.

I weigh about 6pm on a weds evening.
After that. I eat whatever I like.
I dont count the syns.
I usually go out for a meal. Or have a takeaway. Or McDonald's .
Something very 'bad'.
I have dessert.
And if I want during the evening. I snack on rubbish too.

I don't think of it as a treat. But as an evening 'break' , just at the'start' of a new week.

Throughout the week, I have minimum syns. Usually no more than 3. On a Sunday. I will have syns on eithrr proper gravy or we eat at weatherspoons and I have a bowl of chips 7syns.

As you can see in my signature, this has been working for me. I will continue to have my break for as long as I still keep loosing weight too.

I think, if I didn't have this break each week, I may not jave stuck to sw as long as I have.

I love this post as well emsie! I really admire the attitude you have to this, and the fact that you're trying to get a normal attitude. It sounds really healthy and really quite admirable.

I love this post! I see too often on here people criticising others for the choices they make on their slimming journey but as you say every person is different and we all have our own ways of interpreting the plan to fit us. And if it works, who is anyone else to say we are doing it wrong!

I agree with this also. We all have our own ways of 'coping' because at the end of the day, this is a diet and its hard work! We should respect that we all have our own strategies and if one thing works for someone, then they shouldn't be shot down for that.

Well after i get weighed in i have whatever i fancy. dont count the syns it just goes in my gob and i enjoy it:)

it kinda gives me a break and i think during the week if i start to feel weak at something that is out of my syns i will just wait till after i get weighed in.
I dont know if i could have lost more by not having the things on weigh in day but i am happy with the weight loss and when i start to become unhappy that will be the first thing that i stop. I know that i can get right back into extra easy the next day.
i use about 7 syns a day somedays if i dont feel like anything then i wont have them- today i will probably use about 5 and that will be me happy.
its really down to yourself though :) xx

Back