D

its best to count everything in your diet. i started by keeping a food diary and being entirely honest with myself on what i ate and drank, its amazing how many calories soon tot up when you do this. even if it is fruit or veg, they still add up.

I count everything. I even worked out how much milk I have in my tea and now I have to count each cuppa as 25 calories. I can easily get through a couple of hundred in tea alone. I do count fruit and veg too - except cucumber.

I do a guestimate usually. i.e. for a meal with 3 veg, I'll allow 50-100cals for the veg (depending on what).. I don't count milk but I use skimmed milk and only have a drop in tea. Then I tend to round things up when I'm guessing so that I have a maximum of what calories I've had. That gives some leeway I reckon for things like milk etc.
I know it's not the most precise way of doing it but it works for me and I can't be arsed/often forget to weigh things before I eat them. My guesses (before rounding up) are usually pretty accurate when I do check things online.

Back