Do you enjoy your job ???

fillymum

synful soul
I love mine. I consider myself very lucky that I do something I enjoy so much.

I sell antiques and vintage and also have a tiny company that organises three antique fairs a year. The next one is on the 06th Dec and is such very hard work getting everything to come together but I love every second even the painful ones.

Each week on a Saturday and Sunday we open our unit in a center and sell or not depending on who is there. I love the people I work with, the venue and the challenge of finding, often cleaning and restoring, researching and pricing what I sell, but the best bits are having the joy of seeing the objects on sale, presented as well as I can and the actual sale.

The fact that Paul works with me is a bonus that has no price.

Wow, this thread was made for me lol! I'm half and half with the minute at mine and don't know exactly what to do about the whole situation.

I'm a teacher (albeit a supply one as the job situation for teachers in Northern Ireland is non existent) and have to say that I absolutely love teaching the kids, working with them and seeing them develop, in many different ways all as a direct result of your teaching but I have to admit I do find it really stressful and that there's a lot of pressure.

I'm sure the pressure aspect is the same in many jobs but I just feel like my work is never done and honestly feel guilty if I find myself coming home at night and not spending time preparing for the next day (I have a temp post until Christmas). That's the bit I hate and that makes me think I want a job that when the end of your shift comes that's it, you go home, you have your family life and you forget about work until you're back the next morning. It just seems that there never really comes a time to switch off from it and that's not how I want to spend my life.

I have been trying recently to look for other jobs, something office based-typical 9-5 but with a straight teaching degree and no previous experience to stand by me it's pretty bleak which means I'm sort of stuck in a rut. Not the intention of the thread but if anyone has any advice that would be great.

I work in business travel and book hotels for our clients, I enjoy the job and the management are pretty laid back.
the last few weeks though I've been training up a new person and the last two weeks has shown that I prefer working alone lol and just getting on with my own job etc xxx

Interesting thread Ive been unemployed most of this year so money is tight (squeaking). For the last ten years Ive worked as Receptionist/Admin I must admit I get so bored. Im temping at a car dealership for the next 2 days.

Ive never had a job I actually enjoy I would sooner work on an assembly line and enjoy that a dead end boring admin/crap job.

Wow, this thread was made for me lol! I'm half and half with the minute at mine and don't know exactly what to do about the whole situation.

I'm a teacher (albeit a supply one as the job situation for teachers in Northern Ireland is non existent) and have to say that I absolutely love teaching the kids, working with them and seeing them develop, in many different ways all as a direct result of your teaching but I have to admit I do find it really stressful and that there's a lot of pressure.

I'm sure the pressure aspect is the same in many jobs but I just feel like my work is never done and honestly feel guilty if I find myself coming home at night and not spending time preparing for the next day (I have a temp post until Christmas). That's the bit I hate and that makes me think I want a job that when the end of your shift comes that's it, you go home, you have your family life and you forget about work until you're back the next morning. It just seems that there never really comes a time to switch off from it and that's not how I want to spend my life.

I have been trying recently to look for other jobs, something office based-typical 9-5 but with a straight teaching degree and no previous experience to stand by me it's pretty bleak which means I'm sort of stuck in a rut. Not the intention of the thread but if anyone has any advice that would be great.

Have you thought about going into training; its good to remember a degree also shows you are able to apply yourself and that in itself is a discipline which is a transferable skill.

I do love my job - though not always! I'm a teacher and genuinely love working with the kids I teach and finding creative ways to get them interested. Strangely, I don't particularly like children as a rule but somehow the individuals that make up my class become an exception every year! I don't know if I'll do it forever but I can't imagine doing anything else now.

On the other hand i really don't know how people can teach if they don't love it. The pay and the hours of sheer hard work are just not worth it otherwise. It really annoys me as well when lazy/miserable teachers ruin a child's whole school experience. There's a lot of potential for good or for evil that goes with the job!

The holidays are pretty good too :)

I'm a teacher in a special needs school. I love it, but for some reason still get those Sunday evening blues (why??? it's crazy!) I've got a 6th form tutor group of 10 pupils from 16-19 year with varying special needs, and teach 6th form English, Work Related Learning, 6th Form Leisure (my fave morning of the week), and 'Creative Arts' for age 12-16, and a few other bits. It nice and varied, and I have (mostly) wonderful pupils and colleagues. Lucky me. :)

I'm a teacher in a special needs school. I love it, but for some reason still get those Sunday evening blues (why??? it's crazy!) I've got a 6th form tutor group of 10 pupils from 16-19 year with varying special needs, and teach 6th form English, Work Related Learning, 6th Form Leisure (my fave morning of the week), and 'Creative Arts' for age 12-16, and a few other bits. It nice and varied, and I have (mostly) wonderful pupils and colleagues. Lucky me. :)

Lucky, you probably get the Sunday night blues because you have as much enthusiasm for your life away from school as you so obviously have for your life at school.
hugs xxx

Hmmmm,

I prefer the job I do now to any job I've done previously.

The money is fairly decent which is a definite bonus, and some of the perks you could get in it are very nice (free holiday if you hit your targets being the best imo)

BUT - I dislike the types of people that do the job I do. Typically they are self centred, self absorbed and selfish. Worse than that, they are usually more interested in the stuff they have, the house they live in and the size of their car than anything else. I can't get on board with this as I don't own a house, don't have much stuff and my car is a 9 year old mundano!

So, for this reason, I can't say I love my job.

I will retrain as a teacher eventually I think and teach History, Politics and Citzenship at secondary & 6th form level.

Since working in a school I find it very strange! despite all the hols etc we have it seems like am always counting down to the next one and get worse monday a.m blues than have ever had it seems really bizarre! Most of the time am ok when there its just the thought of it and lots of others seem the same!x

Hell no. I got made redundant last year from a job I loved & was great at cus the boss spent all the tax money on houses, ferraris and boats. It was 2 weeks before Christmas. I took a temp admin job because I needed something and it is awful but at least I have a job, some people are finding it really difficult after being made redundant. But my temp contract is ending in Jan and I can't find a new job, had interviews but no luck. Bah.

Since working in a school I find it very strange! despite all the hols etc we have it seems like am always counting down to the next one and get worse monday a.m blues than have ever had it seems really bizarre! Most of the time am ok when there its just the thought of it and lots of others seem the same!x

Haha - my exact words as I left the building this evening?? "19 school days left til the Christmas hols!!" (But I am SO very excited about Christmas this year). So much to fit into 19 days though, that's the scary bit!!

Hell no. I got made redundant last year from a job I loved & was great at cus the boss spent all the tax money on houses, ferraris and boats. It was 2 weeks before Christmas. I took a temp admin job because I needed something and it is awful but at least I have a job, some people are finding it really difficult after being made redundant. But my temp contract is ending in Jan and I can't find a new job, had interviews but no luck. Bah.

Oh no. We'll all keep our fingers crossed that something wonderful will come up for you xx

Lucky, you probably get the Sunday night blues because you have as much enthusiasm for your life away from school as you so obviously have for your life at school.
hugs xxx

I think you're probably right. So much to fit into each weekend!! Next weekends going to be a blinder!! Payday Friday so staying in and finishing online present shopping; Christmas tree to put up after gym Saturday morning; Friends coming round for tree admiration and tea (or poss some reduced syn Mulled wine if can suss out how to make it); Mill Road Winter Fair with said friends in the afternoon; then bridesmaids dress shopping with the girls at Vivien of Holloway in London on Sunday. SO can't wait!!

50s Halterneck Satin Dresses from Vivien of Holloway | 1950s Dresses from Vivien of Holloway

Have found a job I'm going to apply for as my temp position ends at Christmas.

Job Details

Have never worked in that sector before which is making my CV hard work...any advice? Also, just realised earlier that I read HappyHoliday's response but never replied. I have thought about training but unfortunately any of the courses I'm interested in don't start until September so I'll have to wait it out.

Not sure on this one! Probably like most I love it some days and hate it others!

I work as an outsourcer for a huge telecoms company. It's a difficult job but with lots of job satisfaction.

Its difficult as in I'm rarely given tasks to do, or told what work to complete, I'm simply given an objective in January and that is my work for the next 12 months - i.e. I have to fulfil my objective whatever way I see fit. It's very high pressured but is very rewarding when you do achieve something as you know it's all your own legwork.

My role is quite unique, and I do get a lot of stick for the job that I do.

Ultimately though, I enjoy what I do, my hours are fantastic as I work part time around the kids, and my pay is pretty damn good too!

Back