Do you ever feel hungry doing ww

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by Bethany246, 4 March 2007 Social URL.

1. Bethany246

Bethany246 Banned

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Hiya im kind of struggling now and i cant seem to get on with the unit diet as the forum i go on has not got many people going on some days there might be only one where with ww there is quite a few.
    I did ww along time ago and lost 1 stone the weight loses was 5 and 2 and 3lbs a week .But i am bothered that i feel hungry and dont have any points left after tea for a treat.
    Help would be helpful those doing ww

Thanks
    Bethany

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

I personally never feel hungry doing ww, but my problem is that I eat out of habit and because I want to rather than because I'm hungry.

If you do need treats etc throughout the day then your best bet would be to have low point main meals and then low point snacks in between. If however you would prefer to feel full and not need to snack then you can just go for bigger portions for your main meals and use your points up there.

The great thing about ww is that it is totally adaptable to everyone's appetite, you can snack, or not, you just need to spread your points out to suit yourself.

I am allowed 19 points a day, so I usually allow myself 9-10 points for during the day and then I have my remaining 9-10 points for dinner and 'pudding'. If I feel like a treat for after dinner then I'll have something low in points for my meal (i.e. chicken breast, mash potato and loads of veg with gravy) then that leaves me with plenty of points for snacks or a pudding after dinner. If I feel like I would rather have a big satisfying 'normal' dinner then I'll have something such as chilli con carne, or spag bol, which uses up more points and then I just have a mini milk or something similar afterwards as my snack/pudding.

It really is up to you, but if you sort your points properly then there is no need for you ever to be hungry.

Hope that helps....sorry for the long reply, I hope I haven't put you to sleep, lol.

4. Bethany246

Bethany246 Banned

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Hiya Marie

No you have not put me to sleep the problem i did find when i did ww before was that i ate less in the day then i had a lump of points left after tea . then i could not use them all
    Do you weigh all your foods out have you to count fruit in with your days points is this how the plan works.

Thanks for your advise

Good luck

Bethany:)

5. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

Fruit has to come out of your daily allowance, but most of it quite low in points anyway so it's not too bad. Most veg is 0 points, so if you can stock up on that with your main meals then you can keep your points low AND make way towards your 5-a-day.

If you find that you have a lot of points left at the end of the day, then perhaps you should plan your days out for a while, just until you get into the routine of what you can eat to spread out your points.

I tend to think about what I'm going to eat for the day first thing in the morning. I don't go as far as to write it all down, but if I can at least work out what I'm having for my dinner (which is usually my highest pointed meal of the day) then it gives me an idea of what to eat for the rest of the day. For example - If I'm having a low point dinner for just 6 points or so, then I know I can afford a slightly higher point lunch and I'll add a bag of crisps to have with my sandwich. If I'm having a high point dinner then I know I need to go easy with my lunch and day time snacks.

Once you get the hang of it it's such an easy diet to follow. Everyone's appetite and eating habits are different so it's difficult to adivse people on what they should and shouldn't eat, but the points system is so easily addapted. For anyone who doesn't eat a lot then it's easy to just make sure that what you do it is higher in points, whereas for someone who likes to eat a lot (like me, hehe) then it's easy to have low point meals and low point snacks.

6. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

There's a thread on this page titled "what have you eaten today", perhaps you could have a browse through that to get an idea what other people are eating and how they're spreading out their points throughout the day. It might help you?

7. Bethany246

Bethany246 Banned

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Thanks marie for your kind help
    and you have explained things just what i wanted to know

Thanks

Good luck

8. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

You're more than welcome, and good luck to you too!

x

9. Janey

Janey Intuitive Eater

Diet:
    intuitive eating
    Hi Bethany, have you considered the Core plan on Weight Watchers rather than the Points plan? Core is very similar to Slimming World and you wouldn't be hungry following that plan.

Good luck whatever you decide to do. :)

10. Roch

Roch Minimins gal x

Start Weight:
    27st2lb
    Current Weight:
    25st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(7.37%)
    Diet:
    Low cal/low fat
    [​IMG]

Hun could u maybe eat more low gi foods which will keep u fuller longer and still be in your points allowance.
    Take care x

11. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I can honestly say I NEVER feel hungry on WW. In fact Im eating more now than I did before my diet, its just its all better food now :)

12. Bethany246

Bethany246 Banned

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Thanks everyone for your nice advise and help

Good luck to you all

Bethany

13. Janey

Janey Intuitive Eater

Diet:
    intuitive eating
    I was permanently hungry when I was on WW. I think I just obsessed about the points I could have and I found it very difficult. But I do know people who do really well on WW.

14. Bethany246

Bethany246 Banned

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Hiya Janey im undersiding wether to give ww a go or try and persevere with unit diet which i know with that you can have free fruit and potatoes and all your foods are low united .

Bethany

15. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Id recommend giving WW a go. Although you have to count some fruit as points you get loads for maybe half a point. You get so much variation and theres so much stuff you can buy with the points already worked out for you - both WW own brand and Tescos Healthy foods.

Its worth trying. If you look at the threads on here we're all managing a good average weight loss

16. Janey

Janey Intuitive Eater

Diet:
    intuitive eating
    Hi Bethany, are you only considering doing WW because there isn't enough forum support on the internet for the Unit Diet? I am sure it can't be nice feeling alone but at the end of the day it is more important to find a diet that you like and suits you. We can all support you here even if we aren't following the same plan.

17. Bethany246

Bethany246 Banned

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Thanks starlight for your help and advise dont think there is hardly anybody on here doing the unit diet only me
    You are very helpful and kind and supportive hun
    Do you lose every week how much have you lost altogether
    Good luck

Bethany

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I lost 4lbs this week thats a total of 23.5 in 7 weeks :) This week I was out for dinner, had a gorgeous 4 course meal, alcohol etc and still lost.

Theres a few of us do regular diaries on here too they might help you as well :)

If you need any help just ask

20. Bethany246

Bethany246 Banned

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Well thats good weightloss even though you went out for a meal.
    Do you go to ww meeting

Good luck

Bethany

21. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
  22. Bethany246

Bethany246 Banned

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Well thats good then its as good as a ww club on here with all support you get

Take Care

Bethany

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.