do you ever get excited about future?

gemma_

Silver Member
My fiance just sat there and said booking hotel for weekend before my birthday (xmas) and my heart starting beating really fast and got excited as he said going up there do xmas shopping and clothes shopping etc.... wasn't because of all that but if i stick to diet i could be size 10 by then :D..

last time we stopped at hotel i spend 2 hours crying in room as felt i wasnt good enough be stopping there and didnt use spa or go shopping etc!:8855:

so when your thinking of xmas this year or holidays next year do you get excited at weight loss you can achieve by then and wonder what you'd look like?

Oh yes!
I know that I have not got much to go now, but it is my big b'day in 6 weeks time and we have hired a house in Cornwall for all of our family and then we are spending a week in our caravan in North Devon.
I am sooooo excited! I have never, ever worn a bikini and I will be this year!
I will have lovely clothes to wear and I am going to feel amazing :-D
So pleased that you are excited too - thought it was just me for a minute! xx

I'm looking forward to dropping a couple of dress sizes for Christmas (arghh can't believe I said the X word).
Q

I'm so looking forward to being at least 2 dress sizes smaller by the end of the year. I think that's what's keeping me going through all of this!!

I'm looking forward to be able to buy and make clothes i love and not feel that i'm too fat to wear them! Also looking forward to being able to go out with bf when he sees his friends and not just feel like his fat girlfriend!

I'm very motivated and i know i shouldn't value my worth on my weight (it's been up and down with yo-yo dieting and each time i put it all on (and more) i feel even worse and even more "unworthy") but i want to feel like i am worth something and not just a fat blob

I cant wait to marry my OH, a slim bride. I always grew up accepting the fact i would always be the big girl.. even on my special day. Now i honestly believe that il keep my weight off and be able to look just as special as the day itself. Its a long way off but its every little girls dream eh!

I cant wait to marry my OH, a slim bride. I always grew up accepting the fact i would always be the big girl.. even on my special day. Now i honestly believe that il keep my weight off and be able to look just as special as the day itself. Its a long way off but its every little girls dream eh!

This is lovely :)

I'm looking forward to be able to buy and make clothes i love and not feel that i'm too fat to wear them! Also looking forward to being able to go out with bf when he sees his friends and not just feel like his fat girlfriend!

I'm very motivated and i know i shouldn't value my worth on my weight (it's been up and down with yo-yo dieting and each time i put it all on (and more) i feel even worse and even more "unworthy") but i want to feel like i am worth something and not just a fat blob

i feel like my bfs fat girlfriend, he as some reallllyy pretty girl-mates and they all have fabulous boyfriends and most his guy mates have gorgeous girlfriends... so when we go out i just tend to feel i dont fit in, im looking forward to going out and fitting in! even when we'r out together shopping i sometimes wonder if girls think why's he with her...

aww you'll look beautiful!
we're booking our wedding as soon as i get my target! (my choice) i dont want look back on wedding photos thinking how gross i look i want to look the est ive ever been and best i ever will.... also this way i can wear my dream dress and not jus a dress that sucks me in and a big jacket to cover arms!

We're in the process of booking a hol in Mexico next May for our 5th Wedding anniversary. It's a real dream holiday and we're treating it like a second honeymoon.
I think once I've booked it, it'll be the motivation I need to really kick start the weight loss, knowing that in 10months I WILL have lost at least 4 stone and look gorgeous on the beach in my bikini!!
I've been looking at all the holiday clothes in the shops and really excited it could be me wearing those next year!

I look forward to it all the time, wearing all the lovely clothes hanging in my wardrobe that over the past 10 years I have bought thinking I will slim in to that & haven't. Also to showing my cowbag of a sister that I am slimmer than her!

I also have a job I really would like but there is a fitness test for it & that is the only thing stopping me applying & I know I would probably get it if it wasn't for the fitness test so I am doing it for that too!

Last edited:
I started SW with a goal of a losing a stone before my holiday to Egypt. I kept it in my mind how I would feel so much better in the heat and in my tankini all the way through, and I did it... my next goal is to lose 2 stone by the start of the football season (2 months away). I am picturing myself on the terraces at my local club, seeing people I have not seen for 3 months, and how they will react when they see me!

Its great to have goals and get excited about the future! I'm excited for all of us! xxxx

lol! i think clothes is a big thing lol... my mum as never called me 'fat' but my dads side of family are all 'big' and my mums always said you'll never be slim no matter how hard you try your like 'them' (my mum n dad are no longer together bitterness lol) your not meant to be slim! :eek: well...... hve you ever seen a big boned skeleton mum? no.... well then i CAN get slim. lol
soi think thats my determination to show my mum i'm not 'like' anyone but me i can do this! :D

Oh yes, I dream about it every day... I think the day I can walk into a shop that I normally can't shop in I'm going to cry when I try stuff on and it fits... I'm also really looking forward to going to my friends wedding at the end of the year, and I've already bought my dress, even though it doesn't fit now, but I'm determined to do it in time. I keep imagining my family seeing me when I've lost it all (My family is in England and we're in scotland so don't see them very often, maybe twice a year). My brother and SIL and kids are coming up in august so I'm hoping for a big change even before then. And my parents are coming up at the end of september... Hopefully I'll be another dress size down by then.

Back