Do you ever have a 'day off'?

Eamoo

After my weigh in on Wednesday evenings I allow myself the one 'naughty' thing I've been craving all week without syning it - though only if I've lost that week.

Does anyone else do anything similar?

My husband doesn't understand why I do it but I personally find that it helps with damage control as I have a long way to go to completely squash the devil on my shoulder asking for cake. I know that eventually SW is going to change the way I think about food and my syns will account for any of these cravings, but for now, it really helps and it's something I look forward to!

No, I always syn it. The only place I tend to go overboard is nights out (drinks, and then food at end of night)...
Saving myself for the ultimate cheat day... Xmas :) I won't count on Xmas day!

If have few extra's i always syn it, but i'm seriously tempted to have a complete day off soon as i really want to go mental with food (but not done it so far cause scared will put lots on which will do my head in!)

I couldn't trust myself to have a day off as I know one day would seriously turn into weeks. I really struggle with moderation so it's all or nothing with me!

There are loads of threads on this subject if you fancy a look through just search it in the search box x

I allowed myself a day off on friday as it was my staff night out and I really didn't want to worry.......................guess what? I had a stomach bug and hardly ate anyway :(
I'm having christmas day off and I plan to have a bottle of baileys and a chocalate orange on the day too :)

I don't have a day off- but when I get into the next stone bracket, I give myself a big treat (like a pizza or a meal out, without worrying about syns)

I don't syn it- but I keep to the minimum syns for the rest of the week (give or take 1 or 2 syns)

That's just one meal, and then when I have something like a pizza, I can enjoy it even more because I've earned it :)

I always have a wee treat or a naughty dinner after WI if I lose, which I don't usually count it. But if I took a day off I'd probably go mental and give up SW!

I have had the following days fully off plan (i.e. no syn counting at all):
My Birthday
Xmas day
My birthday this year
2 days while on holiday

The rest of the time I have been fully on plan or flexi synning (my wedding anniversaries both years, was "off plan" for the meal out but the rest was on plan).

I would not have regular days off as I believe it would make it harder for me to stick to plan.

it would turn into two days, then three, then three months if i did it. so i do my best to stick with things.

i am finding it more and more difficult though. i've followed the plan for six weeks solid now. the longest i think i've ever done something without falling off the wagon. and other than a huge muffin i had this week which i can't possibly work out the syns for, all i can do is have as few syns as possible for the rest of the week. if i'd had a day off on the day i ate it i wouldn't have stopped...

abz xx

I used to be a person who went out straight after every weigh in to the chippy/pizza/chinese/indian takeout... but I'm gonna change that. I like littleflutterby's idea of having when you get to a milestone rather than just every week, so I might implement that instead.

I've had friday, saturday and sunday off this week, not too good. But got the major christmas events over (works do and continental market) so i'm gonna be good from now til christmas day. x

I think most people have days off every now and then. Thankfully you can with SW! Using a flexi syn day without the usual guilt, helps me to stay on track in the long run and gives me something to look forward to! When I was a Consultant, I always urged my members to stay flexible, especially in the run up to christmas. It's all too easy to throw in the towel if you go overboard for a few days.
I had a full day off on my daughters birthday in July. I was looking forward to that day for weeks.
Cake, chocolate, hotdogs, pub meal, you name it, I had it! In the evening I felt so sick, went to bed at 9pm with a bucket.
Thankfully I wasn't sick, but I'll not have a full day off for a long time!

I had a bit of a blip this weekend but it wasnt as bad as it could have been. i am trying to do damage control for the next few days.

I used to write quite a few posts about this.

When I went to my 5.30 class I'd eat whatever I wanted after, I'd never go crazy but it was a weekly treat & it always worked for me.

When I started SW at home I'd weigh in the morning which meant I'd have a whole day & after a while I realised I was eating whatever I wanted ALL day (& sometimes I really pigged out!) & soon it was starting to affect my losses.

I think that if you can get away with it, do it. That way you'll never feel deprived of anything as you know you can have a bit of it after your WI. Just make sure you don't do what I did & have the whole day as a treat day, it'll catch up with you.

I always have a wee treat or a naughty dinner after WI if I lose, which I don't usually count it. But if I took a day off I'd probably go mental and give up SW!

I do exactly the same thing. After weigh in on a Monday night I have one meal off, I dont really go mad just have something I fancy and dont syn it. Usually have a bar of choccy or something too.

Not everyone does it, but I know my limitations and to not have this to look forward to would prob make me binge at some point during the week!

I have a day 'off' on Saturdays where I have what I like - but I do still write down whatever syn are in it, otherwise I really would go OTT. I have about 50-80 syns on a Saturday but it would be an unthinkable amount if I didnt count them and make myself write it down, I probably just wouldnt realise quite how much I was having, as even 50-80 syns is really not much stuff at all. I have to write it down to make myself face up to what Im stuffing my face with, theres no point me being ignorant of it.

Reactions: abz
Back