Do you ever stop thinking about food?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Marmalade_27, 17 January 2009 Social URL.

1. Marmalade_27

Marmalade_27 Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Whenever I start a diet all I think about is the next meal altho SW will make it easier to relax a bit due to all the free foods! But just wondered if when further in to the plan do you think about food less?

I hate thinking about food all the time dont really get cravings at the moment but its always at the back of my mind..................might need to take up a hobby!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. ronniejacobs

ronniejacobs Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st11lb
    Current Weight:
    15st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st11lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.17%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    i always think about food lol

4. emski

emski Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st12lb
    Current Weight:
    14st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st9lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(5.29%)
    Diet:
    Weight watchers
    My hobby is thinking about food!!! :D

5. suepat10

suepat10 I am one of the 63336

Start Weight:
    20st3lb
    Current Weight:
    20st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I could win a gold medal in a 'thinking about food' competition :)

6. mod-karen79

mod-karen79 rainbows holiday buddy :)

i think SW makes you think more about food if anything!!

7. hevGsd

hevGsd Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st5lb
    Current Weight:
    19st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(6.67%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    seriously i could win a platinum medal if there was one!:D:D:D

8. elizabeth

elizabeth Silver Member

Start Weight:
    19st1lb
    Current Weight:
    8st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    10st4lb(53.93%)
    Diet:
    No diet, just healthy eating
    I've found that, but in a good way. Food used to be the first thing on my mind when I woke up, and the last thing before I closed my eyes at night - it was literally on my mind all day long, and the feelings of dread, anger, panic associated with it, the sense of being completely out of control, was appalling.

After a couple of months of Food Optimising, I still think about food constantly but in a very much more positive way, ie planning what I need to buy and thinking about healthy and interesting recipes. I really enjoy thinking about all that. The negative emotions I used to associate with food seem to have vanished more or less overnight, and been replaced with a sense of enjoyment and looking forward to food that I haven't felt for years and years. :)

9. Marmalade_27

Marmalade_27 Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Im hoping that will happen with me, really feel ready to make a change this time. Im sick of using my weight as an excuse not to do things. I wont wear a swimming costume so cant take my daughter swimming, dont feel comfortable dating yet (split from hubby 7 months ago), and my daughter keeps asking when will i wear a dress or skirt! So this time I want to get rid of the eating habits that have ruled my life for last 7 years and stop bingeing and giving in to cravings.

10. ronniejacobs

ronniejacobs Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st11lb
    Current Weight:
    15st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st11lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.17%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    i have to agree with the above, i used to be like 'i must have that chocolate or i want pizza' which was wrong for two reasons
    1) am morbibly obese
    2) upsets my crohns

SW has made me look at food in an entirely healthy way, i am more concious of what i put in my body and rarely have 'packet' food unless its low fat supa noodles or pasta and sauce i dont eat ready meals or sauces from jars anymore i cook from fresh and my crohns is so much better

11. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

Food is soooo important to me! I love it and think about it all the time from waking up to going to bed, I plan meals for the week, love cooking, love food shopping and best of all I love reading cookery books and seeing if I can adapt something like a Nigella Lawson or Jamie Oliver recipe and make it as good! Food is a wonderful thing as long as the variety and nutrition is there. I've been doing SW for 18months now and have never eaten so much or so well - it's a wonderful thing!!! Good Luck!

12. grandslamgirl

grandslamgirl Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st9lb
    Current Weight:
    17st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(7.28%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting :)
    I constantly think about food but now i have started a weight loss plan for the FINAL time i have changed the way i think about it. Food is no longer a wonder cure for me to feel better or congratulate myself but only a neccessity to live.

13. Lindam

Lindam Silver Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I think one of the reasons i gained weight in the first place was because i didn't think about food - just stuffed it in at any opportunity with no thought behind it at all!! Now, I plan meals ahead and think twice as to whether I want to eat so many syns on a particular item (ie cake/crisps etc), and sometimes the answer is a great big noisy yes!

14. HellieCopter

HellieCopter Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st2.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7.5lb(19.24%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Constantly!! What's next? What have I just had? What can I have later? It's just food, shopping and shoes up in that head of mine!

15. LittleBottle

LittleBottle Where's Skinny Minnie?

Start Weight:
    12st11lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.68%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I'm the same! If I'm online I'm either looking at clothes or recipes or I'm on here or the SW site. If I watch tv I love to watch programmes about people who need to lose weight / have lost weight, health programmes, fashion / makeover programmes or cooking programmes lol.
    Getting a hobby wouldn't help as I'd go shopping or cook :)
    I don't mind, at least I'm thinking about food in a good way x

16. dehli

dehli Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st9lb
    Current Weight:
    12st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(10.47%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    I think about food more than before SW. I can be eating breakfast and thinking about what to have for lunch! I enjoy my food more now too, whereas before I'd just shove any old rubbish down my gob!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.