• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Do you ever stop thinking about food?

Whenever I start a diet all I think about is the next meal altho SW will make it easier to relax a bit due to all the free foods! But just wondered if when further in to the plan do you think about food less?

I hate thinking about food all the time dont really get cravings at the moment but its always at the back of my mind..................might need to take up a hobby!

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
i think SW makes you think more about food if anything!!
I've found that, but in a good way. Food used to be the first thing on my mind when I woke up, and the last thing before I closed my eyes at night - it was literally on my mind all day long, and the feelings of dread, anger, panic associated with it, the sense of being completely out of control, was appalling.

After a couple of months of Food Optimising, I still think about food constantly but in a very much more positive way, ie planning what I need to buy and thinking about healthy and interesting recipes. I really enjoy thinking about all that. The negative emotions I used to associate with food seem to have vanished more or less overnight, and been replaced with a sense of enjoyment and looking forward to food that I haven't felt for years and years. :)

I've found that, but in a good way. Food used to be the first thing on my mind when I woke up, and the last thing before I closed my eyes at night - it was literally on my mind all day long, and the feelings of dread, anger, panic associated with it, the sense of being completely out of control, was appalling.

After a couple of months of Food Optimising, I still think about food constantly but in a very much more positive way, ie planning what I need to buy and thinking about healthy and interesting recipes. I really enjoy thinking about all that. The negative emotions I used to associate with food seem to have vanished more or less overnight, and been replaced with a sense of enjoyment and looking forward to food that I haven't felt for years and years. :)
Im hoping that will happen with me, really feel ready to make a change this time. Im sick of using my weight as an excuse not to do things. I wont wear a swimming costume so cant take my daughter swimming, dont feel comfortable dating yet (split from hubby 7 months ago), and my daughter keeps asking when will i wear a dress or skirt! So this time I want to get rid of the eating habits that have ruled my life for last 7 years and stop bingeing and giving in to cravings.

i have to agree with the above, i used to be like 'i must have that chocolate or i want pizza' which was wrong for two reasons
1) am morbibly obese
2) upsets my crohns

SW has made me look at food in an entirely healthy way, i am more concious of what i put in my body and rarely have 'packet' food unless its low fat supa noodles or pasta and sauce i dont eat ready meals or sauces from jars anymore i cook from fresh and my crohns is so much better

Food is soooo important to me! I love it and think about it all the time from waking up to going to bed, I plan meals for the week, love cooking, love food shopping and best of all I love reading cookery books and seeing if I can adapt something like a Nigella Lawson or Jamie Oliver recipe and make it as good! Food is a wonderful thing as long as the variety and nutrition is there. I've been doing SW for 18months now and have never eaten so much or so well - it's a wonderful thing!!! Good Luck!

I constantly think about food but now i have started a weight loss plan for the FINAL time i have changed the way i think about it. Food is no longer a wonder cure for me to feel better or congratulate myself but only a neccessity to live.

Lindam

Silver Member
I think one of the reasons i gained weight in the first place was because i didn't think about food - just stuffed it in at any opportunity with no thought behind it at all!! Now, I plan meals ahead and think twice as to whether I want to eat so many syns on a particular item (ie cake/crisps etc), and sometimes the answer is a great big noisy yes!

Constantly!! What's next? What have I just had? What can I have later? It's just food, shopping and shoes up in that head of mine!

LittleBottle

Where's Skinny Minnie?
I'm the same! If I'm online I'm either looking at clothes or recipes or I'm on here or the SW site. If I watch tv I love to watch programmes about people who need to lose weight / have lost weight, health programmes, fashion / makeover programmes or cooking programmes lol.
Getting a hobby wouldn't help as I'd go shopping or cook :)
I don't mind, at least I'm thinking about food in a good way x

dehli

Silver Member
I think about food more than before SW. I can be eating breakfast and thinking about what to have for lunch! I enjoy my food more now too, whereas before I'd just shove any old rubbish down my gob!