Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Do you notice your weightloss??

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Daveypefc, 4 December 2010 Social URL.

1. Daveypefc

Daveypefc Member

Hello all

I'm new to the forum so go easy, I've have been doing soul source for 10 weeks now, and have lost almost 5 stone, which is truly amazing for me.

The only thing for me is, though everyone I speak to notices my dramatic weight loss, when I look in a mirror I don't notice it, does anyone else have this problem??

P.s its great reading everyone elses success on here it's a real booster

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Goreygirl

Goreygirl Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    3st7lb(17.5%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hi and welcome and well done!!

It's a common issue Davey and we have to work hard to overcome. I think half the problem is that even when we were bigger we had an image in our head of how we looked that didn't relate to reality. We've had a distorted view of how we looked for so long that it's hard to shake that no matter what size our actual body.

But IMHO I do think it is something you have to work hard to address or else there is a risk of ending up with body dysmorphia (like when anorexics think they are fat even though they are wearing children's clothes). How to do that is the problem...... I remember always feeling much bigger than a friend a few years back who I thought had a lovely figure...and then one day she persuaded me to try on a pair of her jeans and although they were a bit tight in the waist they actually fit me and were a better fit on me through the hip that her. I was really shocked as I never "saw" myself as being a similar size as her.

4. sumayyah

sumayyah please try again

Start Weight:
    23st6lb
    Current Weight:
    17st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st13lb(25.3%)
    Diet:
    was cambridge now exante
    can sometimes take the head a while to catch up

i look in the mirror and think im bigger than ever but i know that cant be right

so i put my before pic next to my now pic so my head can see what reality is

5. determinator

determinator Banned

First of all welcome and well done on your weight loss , fabulous achievement :)

I am exactly the same , I have lost 7.5 stone now and still 'fell' the same as I did before !! I am far more critical of myself now as before i used to avoid mirrors at all costs and also knew I looked fat in everything so took no notice of what I wore , but now I am always critising myself and always think I look fat ... but I still get huge shocks when I catch sight of myself in shop windows etc ... think it just takes a while for the mind to catch up with the body !!!

6. great things

great things Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    16st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.27%)
    Diet:
    CD 810
    i'm the same. i see my faults, not how much i've lost. i see my bulges rather than my thinner self. it's crazy.

7. Goreygirl

Goreygirl Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    3st7lb(17.5%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    It's odd CD don't have some guidance/advice about this side of things... or do they and we just haven't discovered it?

8. Daveypefc

Daveypefc Member

Cheers everyone, its nice that I'm not the only one, I do think it's a case of it takes the mind a bit longer to catch up, its just amazing that I truly don't notice, it's always frustrating aswell because people think it's attention seeking when you say I don't feel any different, as if I'm fishing for compliments?

But well done to everybody, as I'm still a 100% ss after ten weeks which I hope i don't rebound and put the weight back on because I won't be able todo this again haha

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.