Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

do you see yourself or feel different

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Moleymole, 26 October 2010 Social URL.

1. Moleymole

Moleymole Nicki xxx

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st5lb
    Lost(%):
    2st11lb(19.4%)
    Diet:
    CD
    I still feel big although my son said I look thin lol and all my friends are amazed at the difference - do you ever actually feel different apart from clothes fitting etc ?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Goreygirl

Goreygirl Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    3st7lb(17.5%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I can feel myself smiling more when I am out and about and I seem to be looking people in the eye more rather than looking at the pavement (if i can't see them they can't see me?).

I think becoming slim inside our heads as well as outside is going to be something we have to work hard at during this journey. I don't come out of this with a "fat" person inside (wanting to get out?); I want to be slim. I want to be able to choose healthy food not because I am "watching my weigh" but because it simply tastes as good to me as the "non healthy" version.

A person I know had gastric band last year and has gone from 20 to 11 stone but from what I understand she still lives her life as if she was 20 stone. She doesn't see the slim her in the mirror at all.

4. 16to10

16to10 Now Maintaining :)

Start Weight:
    11st8lb
    Current Weight:
    8st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st1lb
    Lost(%):
    3st7lb(30.25%)
    Diet:
    Was on Cambridge Diet
    I'm close to goal now so yes, I absolutely do look slimmer and I feel great about myself. I can see this myself and other people have been commenting on my smaller size too. :D

5. xmcnickyx

xmcnickyx Member

Start Weight:
    18st9.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st6.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st3lb(27.92%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I've been thinking about this a lot lately. I KNOW I look slimmer and that I am but I can't see it sometimes. I sometimes think I look exactly the same as I did. I feel more confident and I am quite shocked sometimes when I catch sight of myself but still, I look at myself an think I still look the same :rolleyes:

I think it'll take time for my mind to catch up and I also think you never see yourself like others do

6. determinator

determinator Banned

I could have written this myself ! I have lost 6 stone now and still think of myself as mahoosive ! I also get a shock when I catch sight of myself in windows , but chosing whato to wear in the morning is so much harder now .... when i was big .. I was fat , I knew whatever I wore I would look fat ... I was DEFINED as a fat person .. now i am not fat but not slim .. I am kinda inbetween , I am much more critical of my body , as i look at it and think about it more . I am starting CD again on monday after some time off for an op and I am hoping that when I get to goal I will finally feel good in my body , for the first time in my life :)

7. Goreygirl

Goreygirl Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    3st7lb(17.5%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I think we are so used to hiding from our body we risk continuing like that. I for one have no full lenght mirrors in the house and even do my make up in a small mirror as I don't want to see my whole face (as I think it looks round and puffy).

I'm now trying to really see myself when I look in the mirror.... I guess do a Gok Wan on myself.... i've treated myself to some really nice body lotion etc and am using it every day .. even after the gym.

I remember a few years back (when I was a 14- 16) I thought I was so much bigger than a friend who I thought and the most amazing figure. Anyway one day she was staying at mine and by accident I pulled on her jeans ... and they actually fit me!!! I was gobsmacked! And when she asked why i explained.. .and she said she never thought of me being bigger than her. The difference was that she thought positively about her self and that gave her a confidence and self of self that just shone through.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.