Do you tell people your doing cambridge?

Zest for Life

Gold Member
I don't. But maybe I should? What do you lot do?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Only my bf & mum. Too much drama when I told my friends last time & definitely won't now doing it a 2nd time. Everyone has an opinion & it's not what I want to hear.

I've told a select few people where it's been unavoidable (eg where they've invited me for dinner and I've had to say no) but on the whole I've been quite cagey especially with people like my boss who will just tell me that it won't work, its unhealthy and I'll just pile it all on again.

A lot of people have noticed me making shakes at work and ask what it is - I just say it's Nesquick or cuppa-soup! xxx

It seemed to bother everyone else a lot more than it bothered me! When I did it last time it was for about 8 months, people were still saying after 6 months how bad and unhealthy I was. If it was that bad how had I managed after 6 months!

My skin was better and I felt I looked better for it but apparently not!

Not this time, I suppose i dont want the 'told you so' about putting the weight back on but I did maintain in the healthy range for 18 month and its only been bloomin stress thats caused me to put it on this time :(

I was even cagey about telling hubby, he says it makes me snappy lol, I have not told him its him that makes me snappy lol

The only person in my family that knows is my mom and she is very supportive and a few at work know only cos they seen me with my shakes and not eating 2 of them are not at all supportive horrible about the CD actually the usual its unhealthy il pick it all up again if im honest i would not have told them if i didnt need to and 2 of my other friends who are on CD know and my housemates.. thats all.. At the end of the day im doing this for me and no one else so dont need nor want their negetive opinion. As much as i say i feel great they dont seem to believe me. So for me its rather not telling people unless i absolutely have to.

I've only told a few people, my parents are both doing it as well so I have their support.
My boyfriend knows I'm doing it, and he's supportive of me doing it.

My two best friends, one of them just says "oh I could NEVER do that! is that safe?" but she's come round to the idea. My other friends simply said "You're mad" and that was the end of it, no dobut she'll torture me with sweets next time we get together.

Outside of them, no. like it's been said, everyone has an opinion on what works, but they can ONLY speak for themselves and their bodies, they can't speak for mine. I'll end up having to tell my Boyfriends mum, which will probably be the worst as she won't understand that no, I can't just have a little bit! but I'll just have to fight it.

I tell all my work mates. Some take the mick but majority just say how much I'm losing or when I get back on a mOnday they ask how much I've lost and stuff lOl so all around very supportive

DollyGirl - it drives me mad when people say "oh, just have a little bit" or "have a night off" or "I've bought you some healthy soup to have". I know they mean well but the concept of the diet really isn't that hard to grasp and I sometimes wonder whether people have ulterior motives to try and get you to eat.

I think a lot of the time they get used to seeing you as the 'fat one' and the idea that you could transform yourself is hard for them to accept so they try to sabotage - maybe I'm being unkind but I seem to be being offered a LOT of chocolates/sweets by people who know I'm SS-ing!

I agree!
My boyfriends Mum and I get along fine, but not when it comes to food! she hates cooking for me so I hope she doesn't a pull a "I've bought you a Weight Watchers meal" on me. Dhe finds it hard when I'm there as I don't eat meat other than chicken. and I don't even really like chicken all that much, but she refuses to not give me meat! but I also grew up in the middle east and my mum is dutch, so a lot of very British food is alien to me anyway (I fail to understand dumpings)

I also think some people are very reluctant to see you change, I think that's why one of my friends keeps saying it's too hard and I'll never do it, because in a way, we're sort of 'fat' together so the idea of me being smaller kind of leaves her on her own? god that sounds mean but I hope you understand what I mean.

I haven't told a lot of people, but let anyone know if I'm asked. Reactions seem to be mixed but I've done enough research to know that this IS a healthy way to lose weight if it's done right, and just argue people down until they back off.

Definitely agree with the 'just have a bit' or 'have a night off' comments! It genuinely does seen like some people don't want us to lose the weight but that's likely to be down to their own bad self image - if they need to have a 'fat' friend to make them feel good then they're probably not worth bothering with in the first place!

My biggest problem is my Ma, she just can't seem to understand the concept of not eating 'normal' food. It's like talking to a brick wall.

X

Only my mum, bestie and oh know. X

but I also grew up in the middle east and my mum is dutch, so a lot of very British food is alien to me anyway (I fail to understand dumpings)

I'm 100% British and I fail to understand dumplings!!

They're odd aren't they! she gave me one and I was like...what is this for?

But then again, in Holland we eat Chocolate Sprinkles on Toast for Breakfast...

AnnieAnnie said:
Haha love it! My bf told me it makes me calmer.

I been told I'm a right Cow on it lol

I tell everyone! Find it easier than thinking of excuses all the time for why I can't eat most things.
If anyone says anything negative all I can say is it seems to work for me. I find they can't argue with that lol. But overall most people are really positive and just intrigued xxx

I don't tend to use the word 'Cambridge' except if I really want to explain to people. I just tend to say I'm on a low fat low carb plan.

Back