Do you think this will be ok/

saintsue

mORNING EVERYONE
I am thinking of starting a low carb diet do you think i will lose weight if i do days like this

Breakfast low fat yog and fruit

Lunch Veg Soup

Tea Fish, Meat Or Chicken with Salad or Veg

AND Fruit to snack on

would i lose weight eatinf that way/
LOVE sUE XXXX

I think that how much weight you lose will depend on your portion sizes, in particular how much fruit you have as I notice you have it listed twice a day, and remember starchy veg are not a good idea for low carbing either. I would also just comment that low fat products are not usually something that you want when you are looking at low carbing, in particular you have to be careful of low fat yogurts as a lot of the time they are actually full of sugar.

I second the above. low fat product are usually higher in carbs then the full fat equivalent. Low carbing is not just about avoiding pasta, bread, rice and potatoes, carbohydrate is made from sugar (glucose) so you need to avoid this as well. Most fruits are quite high in sugar, especially the juicy ones like oranges and grapes. Banana has the highest sugar content so avoid! The best fruits to eat are...strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries...basicley anything ending in berry. melon is ok too. these still have sugar in them so control your portions. if you are concerned about vitamins/fibre intake increase your vegetable intake, green beans, broccoli, couliflour, courgette, and green leaves are good. I also eat lots of flaxseed which is very low carb but very high in fibre and good fatty acids and oils, mixed into a porridge with sweetner and boiling water.

Any kind of flavoured yoghurt is quite high in sugar, you are lucky to find a pot which is less then 10g each. Natural yoghurt is best, especially greek style ones.

This is how to do a very low carb diet, but if your method works go for it! if you start feeling strange, weak, dizzy, headache withdrawal symptoms you are going into ketosis, there is a risk if you eat occasional high sugar things that you will be going in and out of ketosis with these symptoms each time, if it lasts more then a week, reduce or increase your carb/sugar intake to avoid this swinging!

Hope this helps, and god luck whatever you decide to do!

X

Sorry to be blunt but you don't seem to know what low carb is. All sugars, low fat products (if they are made palatable by adding sugars), fruit and starchy vegetables should be avoided. Dairy products should be checked for carb content. other than that - eat to your hearts content.

try doing some reading on the subject so you understand it correctly.

Your menu as you have set it out will be medium carbs - possibly high (depending on how much fruit you consumer and which types). Eating this way you are likely to be hungry but will lose some weight in the short term. I doubt it will be sustainable though.

i think you will lose weight, but that's not a low carb diet.
personally i think if you want to enjoy food and lose weight then do low carb the proper way. you will have to give up starches and sugars (which includes fruit) but you dont have to worry about calories as much, and you can really get creative with your meals.

Back