Do you trust your leaders scales?!

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by Marie_D, 21 January 2010 Social URL.

1. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

I ask this question because my new leaders scales are inaccurate (or at least they were this week) and I wonder if anyone else finds this with their meeting??

My home scales I trust completely - I am a serial weigher and I am literally on the scales EVERY day :eek: My home scales are always right - they always go up when I expect them to and down when i've been good - they always 'make sense' and so I trust them completely.

Last week at my meeting, my leaders scales were 4.5lb heavier than mine - which is about right (always has been about that) but this week there were only 3lb out. Now I know that doesn't sound much, but a 1.5lb difference gave me a 3lb loss at my meeting rather than my actual 1.5lb loss!! That's fine this week, but what about next week, if I lose another 1.5lb but the scales are back up to a 4.5lb difference....it'll look like I haven't lost anything!!!

I'm not very happy about it as I was under the impression that WW would be really really strict with their scales....

Just a moan really, haha, just wondered if anyone had found this??

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. lydia150970

lydia150970 Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    SW
    See what happens next week, sometimes I find that my leaders scales are showing a greater loss than my scales, but they seem right the next week (if that makes sense, ie if mine say a 1lb loss then there's will). My old meeting had very inaccurate scales and one set of scales would be 1lb heavier than the other set right next to them. But generally I know my leaders scales now are accurate. See what happens next week. if your scales show 1lb loss and then you get to meeting and the leaders show the same then you know they were right this week, if not then have a word with the leader and ask when they were last calibrated.

4. cupovtay

cupovtay Fridge Dodging

Start Weight:
    17st9lb
    Current Weight:
    16st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(5.67%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I only get weighed on my leaders scales and don't weigh at home at all. I don't actually own a set of scales. Never really have. I think if I did I would be the same as you and that would result in me not trusting Debbie (my leader) at all. I think if you just go off one or the other it won't bother you so much. It could be that WW is trying to fix the scale difference problem cos there was a massive 148lb total loss at our group this week. So maybe everyone lost at least 1.5lb and its WW way of sorting out the scales? Well done on your loss this week btw Woop Woop x

5. WMBB

WMBB Can't w8 2 b "Dr.WMBB" :)

Start Weight:
    9st2lb
    Current Weight:
    9st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    i'd trust you're own scales and i dont trust the digital ones.the manual ones can be calibrated much more accurately.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.