Do you use all 15 syns?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by krupskaya, 8 August 2010 Social URL.

1. krupskaya

krupskaya Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st12lb
    Current Weight:
    11st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st11lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8lb(12.22%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - green
    Do you use all your 15 syns a day, or weekly the same equivalent? My consultant said we should use 10 in case we're unwittingly going over. I've had two bad days but if I take into account the allowance of 15 a day it all evens out. Usually I use 5-9 syns a day. Worried now I'm heading for a big gain on thursday. What do you do? X

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. ronniejacobs

ronniejacobs Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st11lb
    Current Weight:
    15st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st11lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.17%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    i do use all of mine and sometimes probably some of yours lol

4. downsizingmycurves

downsizingmycurves Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st11.5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st3.5lb
    Lost(%):
    3st3.5lb(18.24%)
    Diet:
    Currently Paul McKenna
    I use my 15 syns every day. I usually have a choc bar of some sort - flake, small milky way - and then have salad cream on my dinner or use a syned ingredient while cooking like pesto for a chicken pasta dish.

Today I have had a slice of white toast and butter for brekkie and will have a yorkshire pud with my Sunday roast.

15 syns isn't much and so I like to try and spend it wisely.

5. RubyMoss

RubyMoss Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st12lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10.9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st1.1lb(0.66%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I pretty much stick to the 15 a day; I mainly work with weekly syns, so I don't mind so much if I use 10 one day, and 20 the next.. Works good for me! xxx

6. krupskaya

krupskaya Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st12lb
    Current Weight:
    11st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st11lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8lb(12.22%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - green
    Many thanks all you lovely Laydeez - it has given me hope. I cling to the fact that a blow out on syns (within weekly allowance) is shaking things up a bit re the metabolism as the body is not sure what's hit it lol! Just hope I don't gain on thursday but have dusted off and put back on my halo :innocent0002: ...X

7. Shrinking_Bev

Shrinking_Bev Likes to eat.........alot

Start Weight:
    19st5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st13lb(20.3%)
    Diet:
    SW
    My consultant told me that it's better to aim for 10 syns a day when doing EE, and 15 when doing red or green - dunno why though because I never asked. I just presumed it was the same sort of scenario as it is with the one less HEXA and B.

So I allow myself 10 per day, but rarley go over 5 or 6.........unless a vodka bath in on the cards! :8855:

8. shell_y

shell_y Silver Member

Start Weight:
    10st11lb
    Current Weight:
    9st5.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st12lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5.5lb(12.91%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Normally use 11 as that's my wispa allowance and I rarely use sins in cooking

9. determinator

determinator Banned

I tend to stick to 10 or under a day , but this is because I was on a total food replacement diet prior to SW and my metabolism has slowed , meaning I find it harder to loose and gain at the slightest little naughty ..... I would say you should still loose , as you are aloud 15 :)

10. rosinakathleen

rosinakathleen Big, busty and Blowsy!

Start Weight:
    24st6lb
    Current Weight:
    22st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9lb(6.73%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    As i'm a larger lady (not for long!) i'm allowed a lovely 20 syns a day, but rarely get above 10 as there are so many sny-free meals available

11. CloBow

CloBow Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I allow myself a maximum of 10, but during the week I barely use 3-5, so if I hit 15 at the weekend it's ok! I think it's all about trial and error to see what works for each person. There's a lady in my group who starts the week with 70 and just ticks them off as she goes along, but I did that one week and even though I didn't use them all I STS! Hope you find what works best for you! xxx

12. Xassy

Xassy Silver Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I started off with 13-15 every day. However, my weight loss started to slow down. I've dropped my syns to 10 a day (or 70 across the week) and it's kick started my weight loss again. I was loathe to use 15 at the start but I'm so glad I did because it gave me something to change when my weight loss stalled.

13. jerricebenton

jerricebenton Silver Member

Start Weight:
    20st9lb
    Current Weight:
    20st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Low Carb
    I use at least 15 a day, sometimes up to 20.

14. cep

cep Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st13.0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st6.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.95%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    I tend to not use many during the week so that i can have a glass of wine or two over the weekend.

15. hastalavegan

hastalavegan Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st8.0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(13.79%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I try to aim for 10 a day but find it really difficult sometimes. I need to get more 'treat' type things in so it's easier to include them.

16. krupskaya

krupskaya Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st12lb
    Current Weight:
    11st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st11lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8lb(12.22%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - green
    Oh if only I found it hard to use up all my syns lol! TBH I was going swimmingly till this week after a month of 100%. I reasoned to myself that SW is an eating plan for life and I figured that I'm not gonna go the rest of my life without chocolate or crisps so had a small packet of chocolate wafers, a cup of mocha (with skimmed milk) and a bag of crisps. And then yesterday I went a bit mad. I've counted the syns and it's 24.5 and 25 respectively. Just gonna pull back now till WI on thursday. At this rate I'll be glad to have STS!

17. ilovelife

ilovelife Wishing and hoping!

90% of the time I have 15 syns. I allow myself 15 for the day, as I am not the sort person who could manage allowing 105 in total for the week and using what I want when I want. As I would blow the whole 105 syns on the first day. I need to have restrictions and rules because ambigurity messes me up big time! My OH has come up with a good idea - synfree year and celebrate New Years Eve with 5,475 syns :D

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. krupskaya

krupskaya Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st12lb
    Current Weight:
    11st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st11lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8lb(12.22%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - green
    I love what your OH said - it could work lol! :party0019:

20. blubex

blubex Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st13.6lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12.2lb
    Lost(%):
    5st1.4lb(31.93%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    I tend to count my syns each day so I don't go too crazy in any day but to avoid beating myself up over a bad day I also keep a running total for the week - 15 per day, 105 per week.

I always end the week well within my limit...only been back on it for three weeks so far this time but SW has always worked better than any other diet for me so fingers crossed x

21. dudette2001uk

dudette2001uk I will be a Princess!

Start Weight:
    18st2.5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st2.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I love your OH's thinking! :D Although I think I might have had my 5,475 syns on Saturday night, hmmmm! :sigh:

I do tend to have 15 syns a day on average over the week. Sometimes I have less than the 105, sometimes (like this week) I have a few more :eek: I'm sure it must even out somewhere along the line! :8855: xxx

22. Chicaloca

Chicaloca Silver Member

Start Weight:
    20st10lb
    Current Weight:
    20st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(1.38%)
    Diet:
    sw
    I know Im allowed 15 but I dont make it a mission to eat them just coz they're there, some days Im under and it doesnt bother me, but today I had 1 syn so for the first time in 2 weeks I bought a flake!

Ooo get me, IM MENTAL, lol. :D

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.