Dobo - Diary of part time dieter !

Dobo

Well I'm back, almost a year to the day since I first joined Minimins. I've even used the same thread title because that sums me up ! I went back to WW on Monday, it was my first weigh in since the end of November and I was delighted to find that i've only gained 4.5lbs. It seems ridiculous to be pleased about gaining weight but I was so relieved that it was only 4.5lbs. I really did not deny myself anything over Christmas - food and drink wise. I am focusing on the fact that I am still a stone lighter than I was this time last year. Some of the regular WWs gang may remember that I lost fairly consistantly for the first half of last year and then pretty much maintained for the second half and rested on my laurels ! I am hoping that I can show the same dedication again at the start of the year and get another stone off before the summer. Let's hope 2008 is the year when we all reach or get somewhere close to our goals. Happy New Year everybody and good luck !

PS. Ticker is to show what I will do when I get to target - shop, shop, shop !!!

I hope so and as for "old", you've actually hit the nail on the head. I'm 40 next year and don't intend to be fat and forty ! My mum died 5 years ago when she was 67, she always struggled with her weight but when she was forty she joined WW and got to target (and they were very strict targets then). She felt brilliant and always said that was the happiest and most confident she'd ever been in her life. She was overweight when she got married and always said it was a big regret, I made sure I didn't make the same mistake and on my wedding day was a size 10 (size 12 by end of honeymoon - haha). She was a very wise women and I miss her terribly but I intend to follow her example and be a fab forty !

Day 3 and so far so good.

x

Great to have you back missus. Im day 2 of the re-start and so far so good.

Ax

Hi Hun ...

I too was pleased to have gained weight! Luckily in 5 weeks 3 1/2lbs gain and I honestly expected at least half a stone! LOL.

BUT tonight is my first weigh in of the year and I feel like a blob but we will see!

Good luck getting back on track! YOU WILL GET THERE!

Good grief, this site is addictive !! I've been popping in and out occasionally over the last few weeks, but since I started my new thread this morning, I can't stay away ! Its great to see all the positive comments and words of support - thank you ! Have come on here now because I've no points left today and it was too dangerous staying within reach of the kitchen so I've head off upstairs !

Not such a good day today. Meals all well within points BUT someone brought in some Thorntons toffee to work and left it open on the desk - need I say more !!! Disappointed that I wasn't strong enough to resist but didn't wreck the day completely by then eating loads of other rubbish. Have to say it was very yummy !!!

Still some left !!! Other than Thorntons toffee, have only eaten satsumas today - going for damage limitation !!

Can't believe how busy site is. My diary was on page 3 !! Stayed same this week. I had three good days, 2 bad days and 2 ok days so guess they balanced themselves out. Will see what this week brings.

Don't know how I've got the cheek to come on here ! Stayed same again this week ! WW leader says I've to drop a point, watch portion sizes and fill in a tracker. I am doing all of that, I just need to do it for whole week and not 3 days !!

Keep at it Dobo - its just a blip - next week will be your week!

Ax

Don't know how I've got the cheek to come on here ! Stayed same again this week ! WW leader says I've to drop a point, watch portion sizes and fill in a tracker. I am doing all of that, I just need to do it for whole week and not 3 days !!
snap ,good luckxx

Back