Doc on a Diet!

Lauraf83

Well hello there all!

The story of my weight problem starts farther back than I can remember... Chubby kid, chubby teen, chubby adult!! Slogged away for a year on WW lost 2 stone met the man of my dreams and thought I had it sorted...

Then as that relationship broke down, I sought solace in food and went from 11st to over 17st in about a year. When he finally ended it I was 239lbs or 17st 2. At 5ft 7 this made my BMI a dangerous 38. 2 days after it ended I joined lighter life and lost the whole 6 stone in 7 months. Was so pleased. That lasted about a week! Gained weight rapidly again as I comfort ate, rewarding or punishing myself with food however I saw fit. It wasn't until I was back over 200lbs that I suddenly stopped and looked at myself, so ashamed I'd let it all go. Lost about 2 stone on Exante that time and have been hovering between 12 and 13 1/2 stone, desperately unhappy. I decided a month of strict Exante in January would kick start my year of weight loss then I would move to slimming world for a permanent lifestyle adjustment.

Weighed in at SW on Weds at 12st 7lbs, exactly a stone lighter than 1st Jan. have read all the literature and have to say I'm pretty amazed that you can eat all this food and still lose weight? Am also pretty excited about this journey.

I hope you'll join me in my highs and lows over the next few months. Once I get back to 11st I'll be pretty happy, but my ultimate goal is 9 st 13lbs, this means I'll have lost 100lbs in total. Plus I hope to be a size 10 at this weight, which I can honestly say I have never been.

Good Luck Everybody!!

Laura x

The very best of luck on your Journey Laura.x :D

Thanks fatwelly!!

Well had a crazy busy day at work, only managed to nip down between theatre lists for 20 mind to inhale the leftovers from last nights kedgeree!!

Just had a huge extra easy friendly dinner: salmon, SW chips, veg salad etc and a blob of mayo and ketchup. So full!!

Don't think I've managed all my HEXA today so will try to have a small glass of milk before bed.

Looking forward to my hi-fi bar for dessert!

Keep going everyone

L x

Helllooooo is there anybody out there?!? Lol

Going well on EE so far, sticking to it 100% and keeping syns to a min, most I've had was today and that's 11.5...

Bit confused about syns of low fat cottage cheese (is it really free?!?) and various "light" yogurts.... Something to ask about at group on Weds I think.

Had somewhat of a success today, did up the size 12 trousers!! Ok so they're still a little on the tight side and not exactly wearable but it's still a victory! Will try again next week and see yay!!!

Keep going everyone

L x

Just about into the 12s now Laura, that's Fabulous news. Keep it up girl. :wow:

Elizabeth.x

Its the virtually fat free cottage cheese you need :) and muller lights, some shape delights, activia 0% are free yogurts x

Thanks guys, still on the wagon!! Man the first week really drags on doesn't it?!? Am really hoping for a good loss on Weds.

Have been trying out alot of the recipes in the magazines and its going really well!! Singapore noodles was a bit of a disaster as I didn't have everything ready and there was a bit of burnage.. Learnt my lesson!! Have done a kedgeree, beef and butternut squash lasagne, love the SW chips and made beef and veg chilli tonight was gorgeous: enough for lunch and dinner tomorrow left over which is great as I've for a 13 hr shift tomorrow so really won't want to cook when I get in!!

The temptation to weigh is still there. Trying to be rational, different scales, different time of day etc...

Bring on the weds weigh in!!!

Keep going everybody

L x

Hello all ( or no one!)

Have to admit I'm a bit disappointed to have only lost 1lb this week. Don't get me wrong, off is off but was hoping for at least 2.5-3... Maybe it's because I've just come off a vlcd, maybe it's a cycle related thing who knows.

Consultant looked at my food diary couldn't find anything wrong so I'll just keep going hoping for a whoosh next week!! It may be TMI but I have felt incredibly bloated today so maybe that's it.

Working late nxt Tues/Weds so can't get to group but will try and WI at an alternate one either Thurs evening or Friday. I think sticking to evenings is best as you weigh less in the morning!!

Hope everyone's doing well...

L x

Hi there everyone!

Well I'm still going... Had some salty popcorn at the cinema after WI on Weds as was being pathetic and feeling sorry for myself; I knew it would be high in syns but I never expected it to be worse than sweet popcorn!!

So I've tried to keep the syns to a min since then... Am staying below my 15 but could do better!!

Went out with friends to Ask on Sat, had prosciutto with mushroom to start, tomato based pasta with pancetta for main and mango sorbet for dessert, with diet coke of course! Think they were sensible choices.

Rest of the weekend I've been good. Size 14 jeans are loose now but the 12s are still too tight, dammit!!!

Normally WI on Weds but can't this week cos of work, have to keep going til Thurs...

I'd better have lost more than 1 smegging pound that's all!!!

L x

Hi, well done on your loss :) these diary posts are quiet ain't they lol, no ones replied to mine yet.

Hope your having a good week so far!

Well still going strong here.

Tried the "smash" pizza recipe, I think I didn't put enough water in the smash for the base, it was very dry but otherwise pretty awesome, loaded it up with veg, bacon, pineapple and my hexa mozzarella. Full now!!

Can't make it to usual group this week as gotta work late so have to wait til Thurs. had a sneaky WI (bad Laura) and nothing's budged yet.. Grrr!!!

Keep going!!

L x

Well still going strong here.

Tried the "smash" pizza recipe, I think I didn't put enough water in the smash for the base, it was very dry but otherwise pretty awesome, loaded it up with veg, bacon, pineapple and my hexa mozzarella. Full now!!

Can't make it to usual group this week as gotta work late so have to wait til Thurs. had a sneaky WI (bad Laura) and nothing's budged yet.. Grrr!!!

Keep going!!

L x

Never heard of the smash pizza thing. Could i have the recipe?

As for weighing at home. I did that last week on my first week, and it only went down about 2/3lb which i was happy with, but then didnt budge, even though i was being really good! Then at weigh in, it was 6lb.

At least you have an extra day until weigh :)

Well I'm not going to lie I have not been 100% today.

Extremely busy day at work emergency after emergency did not sit down once so exhausted. Succumbed to 3 quality street about 7pm... Finished at 9 went to tesco did the food shop... THIS close to buying my old favourite comfort food (cookies!) but said to myself that that was the old me and the new me didn't need to do that. So mini victory there.

Had SW friendly carbonara for tea about half an hour ago, was starving so ate more than I should. I normally have max 1 2-finger kit Kat a day but I have had 2... Naughty me!!! Still, fewer syns than the cookies.

Also I think I've established I'm banana intolerant... I've been getting severe abdo pain and bloating recently, belly swells up to look full term pregnant and really hurts. I was really worried it might be wheat but I've been keeping an eye on when it happens and it seems its after eating a banana. Really upset as love bananas, great source of energy and potassium and a SW staple!! Lets hope it doesn't extend to banoffee pie lol... So bought some deflatine at tesco hopefully that will help my poor sore tum!!

Hope everybody's well...

L x

Hiya :)

Bananas are common irritants to IBS so maybe it is the banana! Its all trial and error. I had to do this and discovered its white flour, mainly in the form of pastry and heavy white carbs but wholemeal is fine. We are all different eh. Anyway just subscribing :) I restarted sw on Monday xxx

Aw, hope your tummy gets better!

Thanks everybody! No bananas and no dreadful crampage today so I think they're to blame.

Just made SW chicken dopiaza was yum yum!! Plenty left over for lunch/dinner tomorrow if required!

Did have 1 milk tray today on the ward, and a skinny latte but generally very well behaved.

Mullerlight for pud then bed. WI tomorrow fingers crossed for some shifting on the scale...

L x

Just spotted your diary and thought I'd say hello :) I work in a veterinary hospital and avoiding all the presents of chocolates, cakes, sweets, etc is a nightmare isn't it?!
Well done on your first loss and I really hope WI number 2 is a bit more encouraging for you :) xx

Heyy

Good luck for today at weigh in!

Back